What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SACDs....

5706348240_eae75f70a4_m.jpg
5698851750_d4650da5fd_m.jpg

5698279365_89eb835c73_m.jpg
5698851856_07a44a1c38_m.jpg

Gloria Estefan Greatest Hits SACD (used) from FYE. Only $4.99. Figured I'd resell it but I unexpectedly like the music enough to keep it. "Go Away", for example.

Also got a spare Greendale dvd-audio for $7.99.

eBay hunting strikes again - a blind buy of a title never seen before (yep, these still occur):
thomilla.jpg
While not exactly my kind of music, it's a nice addition to my collection because of its more than decent MC mix and solid sound overall.

Stones SACD digipaks: Aftermath (USA version). I already had the UK. Also, Hits Vol. 2.

Queensryche "Empire" DVD-Audio (new and sealed)

I was the first and only bidder. I got it for 14.99. Ebay was having a promotion until May 18. ordinarily I would have gotten 30 cents from the Ebay Ebucks program (2%if the price on auctions and buy it now. With the promotion that just ended if you have Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9, if you add the ebay icon to the task bar and initiate and complete the deal though that you got 5 dollars in Ebucks for te first transaction plus an additional 8% in Ebucks. The serller also lived near me so I was able to pick it up and he gave me the shipping cost back in cash.

Elton John - Captain Fantastic... SACD
Elton John - Honky Chateu SACD
Mark Knopfler - Shangri-la SACD
Blue Man Group - Audio DVD-A
Depeche Mode - Playing with angels SACD+DVD
Depeche Mode - Exciter SACD+DVD
Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward SACD+DVD

Gloria Estefan Greatest Hits SACD (used) from FYE. Only $4.99. Figured I'd resell it but I unexpectedly like the music enough to keep it. "Go Away", for example.

Also got a spare Greendale dvd-audio for $7.99.

I miss FYE...nearest one is 40+ miles away from where I stay now.

FYE while in Philly last week...Dylan's 'Love and Theft', that about wrapped up the series for me. A big store, if I had been more prepared for a search it might have been rewarding. Also Robbie Robertson's latest solo since I saw it. (non M-ch). John

The Marvin Gaye Collection (DVD-A) - Still available at Amazon

attachment.php

SACD Renee Fleming "Bel Canto" (5.1 and 2.0)
nice recording and repertoire but weird surround mix.
i do have her selftitled DVDA and i think it was best recording
and surround mix in operatic vocal genre i'd ever heard.
expected same from SACD but was disappointed.

attachment.php

Al Di Meola "Flash On Flash" SACD (5.1 and 2.0)
overal has good sound and surround mix albeit seems
like not mine, would rather prefer "Elegant Gypsy" in surround.
well maybe after several more spins will change my mind.
purchased 3 more SACD from amazon.com but due to obstacles
with shipping outside of USA was forced to direct it to Michigan,
where lives one of the member of QQ community.
i hope those discs already in there and soon will be on the way to my place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back