ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
purely in response to another QQ-er who said Razor & Tie weren't handling these reissues, when I asked why Razor & Tie weren't doing more to promote it..! It's all a bit further back in this thread if you care to flick back through the posts :)

Guilty as charged! I threw them out there generically with the other boutique labels, maybe I should have used Wounded Bird in it's place. I'm glad to be wrong as I'd thought R&T actually went under (O.O.B.) a few years back.

And real DVD-A? I'll take a pie in the face for that good news. :banana:

Guilty as charged! I threw them out there generically with the other boutique labels, maybe I should have used Wounded Bird in it's place. I'm glad to be wrong as I'd thought R&T actually went under (O.O.B.) a few years back.

And real DVD-A? I'll take a pie in the face for that good news. :banana:

If R&T are now owned by Sony, this could mean other exciting 5.1 reissues just like these ELP sets down the line!?

No pie throwing from me :) Only great big party throwing if it turns out to be a DVDA! :banana:

Let's just rejoice that there is going to be an ELP release that pleases all of us at last. I am very pleased with the track listings.

If R&T are now owned by Sony, this could mean other exciting 5.1 reissues just like these ELP sets down the line!?

No pie throwing from me :) Only great big party throwing if it turns out to be a DVDA! :banana:

It seems to be RazorandTie that is in charge here which is why will be DVD-Audio format. I don't know what else I can say other than I spoke with a gentleman in the UK today who is involved with the marketing and confirmed, over the phone, that it is indeed DVD-Audio.

It seems to be RazorandTie that is in charge here which is why will be DVD-Audio format. I don't know what else I can say other than I spoke with a gentleman in the UK today who is involved with the marketing and confirmed, over the phone, that it is indeed DVD-Audio.

Wonderful news! Thank you so much!

Five thumbs up.

This makes my day! Steven Wilson mixes with real DVD-A, holy cow!

That is excellent news, thank you for investigating.

YES! ;):banana:

Wooo Hooooo - it doesn't get much better than this!!!!

Are we 100% sure its a real DVD-A?

Here's the only catch about the gentleman confirming that the format is DVD-Audio. We all know MANY or MOST people have no idea what DVD-Audio is...they mostly think it is just a DVD with audio!
So I just hope this guy knew what he was talking about. But then again, the track listing clearly states "[DVD-A - 5.1 Mixes]". And as far as the rest of the early catalog being remastered, he said if the sales are good, the other albums will follow. But we have see before that these projects get abandoned after a tease or two.

Here's the only catch about the gentleman confirming that the format is DVD-Audio. We all know MANY or MOST people have no idea what DVD-Audio is...they mostly think it is just a DVD with audio!
So I just hope this guy knew what he was talking about. But then again, the track listing clearly states "[DVD-A - 5.1 Mixes]". And as far as the rest of the early catalog being remastered, he said if the sales are good, the other albums will follow. But we have see before that these projects get abandoned after a tease or two.

Hmmm, I cut off his camels balls for not tell accurate format! ok

Hmmm, I cut off his camels balls for not tell accurate format! ok
What if he has a female camel? Nevermind...I don't want to know.

And the Keith Emerson Band with Marc Bonila "The Three Fates Project" is also due for release in July....not in surround.

any word about a release in the USA?

Keith and Marc are currently looking for a US label and distributor.

I'm not sure, but I think stormchaser may have been asking about the ELP releases, not the KEB one. I'm a little confused by the Razor and Tie posts. Are they going to release the ELP 5.1 in the US, or will we need to get them from the UK?

Back