ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon.co.uk and that is for it being imported into the US. (Obviously no VAT)
3/31/2012 That price was up for about a week or two.
Glad I pre-ordered so early. :banana:

I placed my order 1 April 2012. At the time they were around 10 each, but they actually went lower to £8.52 at some point. It may not go that low again, but chances are it will fluctuate down some. Just like in the states you get the lowest price it hits before release (from when you place the order).

I placed my order 1 April 2012. At the time they were around 10 each, but they actually went lower to £8.52 at some point. It may not go that low again, but chances are it will fluctuate down some. Just like in the states you get the lowest price it hits before release (from when you place the order).

I've been waiting for another "Free Shipping to NZ" offer - so I haven't pre-ordered yet...:(

Hopefully they put one up soon...

I've been waiting for another "Free Shipping to NZ" offer - so I haven't pre-ordered yet...:(

Hopefully they put one up soon...

Don't hold your breath amazon.uk will be offering free postage to Australia or NZ again. I was devastated when it ceased, I used to order £30 a month from them, not any more.

It may have cost a bit for amazon.uk but you had to order minimum of £25 to get free shipping. I'd be happy if you had to spend £40 to get free shipping, see what happens.

We've just had a massive rise in postal costs here in the UK, which i suspect would eat into the profits to much to be able to do now

I notice on Amazon UK they are now referring to these as "Box Sets"..
So maybe they won't just be in bog-standard jewel cases as the cheapo price suggests?

They're also specifying 3 discs, so perhaps they'll comprise
1.) Remastered CD, 2.) Extras CD, 3.) New 5.1 DVD.. ??

Its bonkers there are no more details on these anywhere online, even from the record label, to whip up a bit of interest!? Grr..!! :mad:

Hi Fred, see post 107 in this thread, cd 1 is original mix, cd 2 new stereo mix/running order and dvd is 5.1 plus all stereo mixes.

I agree with you that amazon or others could give more info. Marketing department is asleep apparently.

thanks Robert! brilliant info, I missed that post oops!

I just don't understand why Sony or whoever can't generate a bit of hype?! Surely it'd be easy and cost nothing to shoot off press releases/emails to sites like QQ etc and get some buzz going about these things!

As physical record shops close everywhere, if it weren't for sites like this, sa-cd.net, SH forums, how would anyone interested in buying this stuff know about it..!?

I just don't understand why Sony or whoever can't generate a bit of hype?! Surely it'd be easy and cost nothing to shoot off press releases/emails to sites like QQ etc and get some buzz going about these things!

That strongly implies that the label knows or cares about what they are doing in terms of important catalog re-issues. This is not the case. They are merely custodians to the catalog and spend precious marketing dollars on the current acts that have a hard time capturing our interest for 15 minutes.

They are much less concerned with the decades we have invested having been fans of these groups. It takes a Rhino, Shout Factory, Razor & Tie, etc to market catalog properly and even that is less likely in this digital wildwest we are clawing our way through these days.

That strongly implies that the label knows or cares about what they are doing in terms of important catalog re-issues. This is not the case. They are merely custodians to the catalog and spend precious marketing dollars on the current acts that have a hard time capturing our interest for 15 minutes.

They are much less concerned with the decades we have invested having been fans of these groups. It takes a Rhino, Shout Factory, Razor & Tie, etc to market catalog properly and even that is less likely in this digital wildwest we are clawing our way through these days.

fair enough.. so how about Razor & Tie doing some promotion legwork then?
or is if too funky out there in the wildwest for them to get on their horse and put the word out?

thanks Robert! brilliant info, I missed that post oops!

As physical record shops close everywhere, if it weren't for sites like this, sa-cd.net, SH forums, how would anyone interested in buying this stuff know about it..!?

I couldn't agree with you more, Sony in particular only market girls in barely no clothes who can barely sing.
Real music such as ELP is left behind as an afterthought.

I am very excited with these impending ELP releases and hope the DVD will be in at least a lossless audio format.

I couldn't agree with you more, Sony in particular only market girls in barely no clothes who can barely sing.
Real music such as ELP is left behind as an afterthought.

I am very excited with these impending ELP releases and hope the DVD will be in at least a lossless audio format.
At least a lossless format? That is the best possible outcome. I am hoping for at least DTS!

Each disc set has a remastered album in its original version, a 2nd disc featuring an alternative "fantasy version" based also on other stuff/versions on the master tapes and the 3rd Disc is a DVD-Audio with everything remastered for 5.1 Surround Sound.

Track List - Disc 1 [CD - Original Album Remastered]:
01. Barbarian
02. Take A Pebble
03. Knife-Edge
04. Three Fates
i.) Clotho
ii.) Lachesis
iii.) Atropos
05. Tank
06. Lucky Man

Track List - Disc 2 [CD - Alternate Version]:
01. Barbarian
02. Take A Pebble
03. Knife-Edge
04. Promenade
05. Three Fates: Atropos [Piano Trio]
06. Rave Up
07. Drum Solo
08. Lucky Man
09. Take A Pebble
10. Knife-Edge
11. Lucky Man
12. Lucky Man

Track List - Disc 3 [DVD-A - 5.1 Mixes]:
01. Barbarian
02. Take A Pebble
03. Knife-Edge
04. Three Fates: Atropos [Piano Trio]
05. Rave Up
06. Lucky Man
07. Barbarian
08. Take A Pebble
09. Knife-Edge
10. Promenade
11. Three Fates: Atropos [Piano Trio]
12. Rave Up
13. Drum Solo
14. Lucky Man
15. Take A Pebble
16. Knife-Edge
17. Lucky Man
18. Lucky Man

TARKUS
01. Tarkus
i.) Eruption
ii.) Stones Of Years
iii.) Iconoclast
iv.) Mass
v.) Manticore
vi.) Battlefield
vii.) Aquatarkus
02. Jeremy Bender
03. Bitches Crystal
04. Only Way {Hymn}
05. Infinite Space {Conclusion}
06. A Time And A Place
07. Are You Ready Eddy?

01. Tarkus
i.) Eruption
ii.) Stones Of Years
iii.) Iconoclast
iv.) Mass
v.) Manticore
vi.) Battlefield
vii.) Aquatarkus
02. Oh, My Father
03. Bitches Crystal
04. Only Way {Hymn}
06. A Time And A Place
07. Unknown Ballad
08. Mass

01. Tarkus
i.) Eruption
ii.) Stones Of Years
iii.) Iconoclast
iv.) Mass
v.) Manticore
vi.) Battlefield
vii.) Aquatarkus
02. Jeremy Bender
03. Bitches Crystal
04. Only Way {Hymn}
06. A Time And A Place
07. Are You Ready Eddy?
08. Oh, My Father
09. Unknown Ballad
10. Mass

Each disc set has a remastered album in its original version, a 2nd disc featuring an alternative "fantasy version" based also on other stuff/versions on the master tapes and the 3rd Disc is a DVD-Audio with everything remastered for 5.1 Surround Sound.

01. Barbarian
02. Take A Pebble
03. Knife-Edge
04. Three Fates
i.) Clotho
ii.) Lachesis
iii.) Atropos
05. Tank
06. Lucky Man

01. Barbarian
02. Take A Pebble
03. Knife-Edge
04. Promenade
05. Three Fates: Atropos [Piano Trio]
06. Rave Up
07. Drum Solo
08. Lucky Man
09. Take A Pebble
10. Knife-Edge
11. Lucky Man
12. Lucky Man

01. Barbarian
02. Take A Pebble
03. Knife-Edge
04. Three Fates: Atropos [Piano Trio]
05. Rave Up
06. Lucky Man
07. Barbarian
08. Take A Pebble
09. Knife-Edge
10. Promenade
11. Three Fates: Atropos [Piano Trio]
12. Rave Up
13. Drum Solo
14. Lucky Man
15. Take A Pebble
16. Knife-Edge
17. Lucky Man
18. Lucky Man

TARKUS
01. Tarkus
i.) Eruption
ii.) Stones Of Years
iii.) Iconoclast
iv.) Mass
v.) Manticore
vi.) Battlefield
vii.) Aquatarkus
02. Jeremy Bender
03. Bitches Crystal
04. Only Way {Hymn}
06. A Time And A Place
07. Are You Ready Eddy?

01. Tarkus
i.) Eruption
ii.) Stones Of Years
iii.) Iconoclast
iv.) Mass
v.) Manticore
vi.) Battlefield
vii.) Aquatarkus
02. Oh, My Father
03. Bitches Crystal
04. Only Way {Hymn}
06. A Time And A Place
07. Unknown Ballad
08. Mass

01. Tarkus
i.) Eruption
ii.) Stones Of Years
iii.) Iconoclast
iv.) Mass
v.) Manticore
vi.) Battlefield
vii.) Aquatarkus
02. Jeremy Bender
03. Bitches Crystal
04. Only Way {Hymn}
06. A Time And A Place
07. Are You Ready Eddy?
08. Oh, My Father
09. Unknown Ballad
10. Mass

Ooh!!! Yeay!!

If these really, really are REAL DVDA's and they sell no more copies (or horror of horrors .. Less,) than the stuff that's recently been put on DVDV, despite all the moaning and carping about lossy DD/DVDV etc.. and thereafter the record company decide not to bother with DVDA again, what more can they do!?

If its "only" DVDV, it's still a new reissue in 5.1... If its DVDA all the better! so a bit of a win-win all-round and I for one will still be thankful.

I just wish there were more buzz about them, that's all.

Oh, My Father

Here's a link to "Oh, My Father" which will be on the Tarkus reissue. It has already been released in the From the Beginning box set. Definitely a much better song than Jeremy Bender.

Back