Yes Relayer coming in 5.1 by Steven Wilson

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugene

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Here's the official comment on Facebook :

The next release in the series of Yes (official) albums to be issued in 5.1 & new stereo high-resolution audio configuration is..... RELAYER

Mixed by Steven Wilson & released with the full approval of the band, Relayer will be available in CD/DVD-A & CD/Blu-Ray at the end of October.

Both editions will also contain the original album mix in high-resolution & bonus audio material, full details of which will be announced shortly.

Restored artwork approved by Roger Dean - Official Page & new sleevenotes by Sid Smith complete the package, the release of which coincides with the 40th anniversary of the album's original late 1974 appearance.

We'll have a wider report and presale links soon on yesworld.com.

Yipee, one of my favourites :spot thank you :worthy Mr. Wilson - so when will we see Tales.......?

I have never heard of this album but I will be buying anyway!

Wow! I've been anxiously awaiting this news and my initial reaction was- disappointment! I was sure Tales would be next. I believe a SW 5.1 mix of Tales will be mind-blowing and I've been geared up for that slice of heaven for a while. Just illustrates the power of expectations...

Didn't take long to recover, though. I love Relayer as well and think it will also sound glorious in 5.1. Also glad for the short time from the announcement to release; this announcement was taking so long I was beginning to fear that we wouldn't get another Yes re-mix this year. Here's hoping there's no delays!

Now begins the slow but powerful build-up of anticipation... (I will as usual refrain from listening to this album until I have the new 5.1 mix)

I had thought that Tales would be next too based on information from a source VERY close to the project, but that was May, so obviously things could have changed during that period and they did.
With that being said, I really didn't care that much if "Tales", "Relayer", or "Going for the One" was next as long as it was one of those, so this will be a great buy indeed! :)

I really didn't care that much if "Tales", "Relayer", or "Going for the One" was next as long as it was one of those, so this will be a great buy indeed! :)

Yes, and as long as those other two come out subsequently.

Great news! ! Can't wait to hear this one. Don't think I ever really thought this one would get the surround treatment. These are good times for surround sound fans.

K

Yes, and as long as those other two come out subsequently.

Now that "Relayer" has been announced for this fall, the next two AFAIK should be "Tales" and "Fragile".
"Going for the One" may come out later on, but it's not definite yet.

The next release in the series of Yes (official) albums to be issued in 5.1 & new stereo high-resolution audio configuration is..... RELAYER

joy.jpg

Like othes have said, I am thrilled to have either Tales, Relayer or GFTO. I happened to play Relayer over the weekend and it impressed me even more, though I've always found the overall sound to be thin and tinny. Of all YES, I believe Relayer will benefit the most from Steven Wilson's talents.

Having said that, I personally wanted Tales. Only because it is such a niche recording and it has the largest chance of being skipped. Once we get it, we have it forever, no more doubt if it ever gets released. And technically speaking, Tales was so orchestrated, it would benefit the most in 5.1. I still pray Tales will not be skiped over by YES & Steven Wilson.

I am ordering Relayer now form SW's web site. What wonderful news!!!!

-Edit- I lied. I ordered TWO from SW"s site. 15 pounds for the bluray? What a steal!!!!!!

Last edited:
Like othes have said, I am thrilled to have either Tales, Relayer or GFTO. I happened to play Relayer over the weekend and it impressed me even more, though I've always found the overall sound to be thin and tinny. Of all YES, I believe Relayer will benefit the most from Steven Wilson's talents.

Having said that, I personally wanted Tales. Only because it is such a niche recording and it has the largest chance of being skipped. Once we get it, we have it forever, no more doubt if it ever gets released. And technically speaking, Tales was so orchestrated, it would benefit the most in 5.1. I still pray Tales will not be skiped over by YES & Steven Wilson.

I am ordering Relayer now form SW's web site. What wonderful news!!!!

I agree with you 100% in that I too have always found the sound on "Relayer" to be very thin and weak.
It will definitely benefit more from a remix at least compared to "Tales" and "GFTO" (though "Tales" could benefit greatly from a remix as well).
But fear not. "Tales" will NOT be skipped over. Release order, schedules, and dates change. (We know this all too well).

In the meantime, we have "Relayer" and for that, I'm all like :banana:

I was also looking forward to Tales this fall BUT Relayer has the potential to benefit most from Steve's production as the the original mix was so edgy that the wall of midrange detracted from my enjoyment of the album. I love the version of Gates/Soon on the Orchestral DVD and now really look forward to immersing myself in Steve's fresh mix.

BTW - I experienced both the Relayer and Tales tours at the Montreal Forum and the staging and performances blew me away. I wasn't even keen on Tales until the full live performance and it changed it for me forever.

BTW - I experienced both the Relayer and Tales tours at the Montreal Forum and the staging and performances blew me away. I wasn't even keen on Tales until the full live performance and it changed it for me forever.

Congrats of witnessing Tales & Relayer in person. I was still a wee lad then. My first YES tour was GFTO in NYC. These SW 5.1 YES remixes are unexpected priceless treasures I say.

public service.png

Please show your support of 5.1 music AND Steven Wilson's amazing dedication to deliver these precious products. Please order from Steven's site:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/yes-relayer-cdblu-ray/

Please do as the handsome young man above has done and order your copy of YES - Relayer direct from Steven Wilson.

This is THE BEST way to communicate to Mr. Wilson that we appreciate his works and as consumers wish to give him more of our patronage. Mr. Wilson gets an early opportunity to sell this direct from his website. When you buy from him you are helping him help you. Its that simple. I bought 2 copies of the BluRay. They are only 15 English Pounds each. What an absolute incredible value.

Back