ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the recent releases...quads...now Dolby Atmos...and a "November to Remember"(a month with many promising releases)..there is one "old school" release that has my attention...and it's MONO....and now a date has been given...NOV 3rd...in a brief career that was ended by a plane crash... which took the life of this Hall Of Fame member at the tender age of 22...a double album 24 track SACD....I will be all over this release like a squadron of fleas on a small dog....CHECK THIS OUT

With all the recent releases...quads...now Dolby Atmos...and a "November to Remember"(a month with many promising releases)..there is one "old school" release that has my attention...and it's MONO....and now a date has been given...NOV 3rd...in a brief career that was ended by a plane crash... which took the life of this Hall Of Fame member at the tender age of 22...a double album 24 track SACD....I will be all over this release like a squadron of fleas on a small dog....CHECK THIS OUT

Me too Clint, me too. Should be a great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Been eyeing this one for a long time.
It will be interesting to compare tracks with the excellent MCA CD that Steve Hoffman remastered years ago.

Also waiting on The Flying Burrito Brothers Gilded Palace of Sin.

I notice that vendors are selling Montrose debut album......I also notice it's Rhino/Warner Bros. Anyone suppose there is a surround version coming out? :) I know, I know....just wishing. Of course, I have no clue if that album was put out in Quad back in the day or not...

I notice that vendors are selling Montrose debut album......I also notice it's Rhino/Warner Bros. Anyone suppose there is a surround version coming out? :) I know, I know....just wishing. Of course, I have no clue if that album was put out in Quad back in the day or not...

I swear I had it on Q8 but there's nothing to back up my memory. The only thing I can think of is my Stepfather was a mover and shaker in Detroit and I did receive a lot of promotional vinyls and 8 trks along with a few Q8's. And my mother was a big fan of taking your stuff and selling it in a yard/garage sale. After I moved away to college and life......

I've recently been plowing through my UK Crowded House deluxe edition boxsets and was so glad I was able to purchase all of them at £5.83 each when AmazonUK had their blow out sale. What a treasure trove. 8 RBCDs with beautiful glossy booklets securely enclosed in a heavy duty cardboard slipcase.

Titles are: Afterglow, Together Alone, Temple of Low Men and Woodface. All albums are uniformly excellent. Only wish they were in surround.

BTW, the remastering is SUPERB. NO Compression! (y)(y)

I don't really know if this is about music....but I just grilled a couple 80/20 burgers with some sliced potatoes, drizzled with virgin olive oil and some fresh thyme.

Just saying.......

I don't really know if this is about music....but I just grilled a couple 80/20 burgers with some sliced potatoes, drizzled with virgin olive oil and some fresh thyme.

Just saying.......

:yikes ya shoulda used parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme!

Back