2016 Surround Release Predictions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also coming but no official dates yet,

JETHRO TULL-STAND UP CD/DVD BOOK
STEVE HACKETT- VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE CD/DVD
ROGER WATERS -2016 SOLO PROJECT
XTC-SKYLARKING
YES-TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS

-we should see these, hopefully by Xmas alongside Fleetwood Mac-Mirage, box set, and Roxy Music....finally!!!(y)

Where are you getting "Voyage of the Acolyte" from? When the other three Hackett albums were listed, I messaged Mark Powell to ask if "Voyage" would also be released as a deluxe edition, and he said he doesn't know, but it's Universal's call. Doesn't seem like it will happen (at least not right now anyway…)
Plus, it's never been officially confirmed that "Skylarking" will be the next XTC remix or that "Tales from Topographic Oceans" will be released this year either, so a lot of this post is very misleading.
The only release from that list that seems to be pretty definite for this year is "Stand Up". (And maybe "Mirage" too, but who really knows?)

Where are you getting "Voyage of the Acolyte" from? When the other three Hackett albums were listed, I messaged Mark Powell to ask if "Voyage" would also be released as a deluxe edition, and he said he doesn't know, but it's Universal's call. Doesn't seem like it will happen (at least not right now anyway…)
Plus, it's never been officially confirmed that "Skylarking" will be the next XTC remix or that "Tales from Topographic Oceans" will be released this year either, so a lot of this post is very misleading.
The only release from that list that seems to be pretty definite for this year is "Stand Up". (And maybe "Mirage" too, but who really knows?)

ALSO COMING BUT NO OFFICIAL DATES YET.

The Genesis website says the fourth Hackett disc will be released later this year.

Skylarking has been discussed by Andy for sometime now, and it all pertains to the effort of his work with the multi's, and SW.and it would seem to be the next logical disc in order.

Mirage has been confirmed, and will likely be out for Xmas, according to Caillat.

Topo Tales again seems to be almost if not totally remixed and awaiting release date.

And I forgot-APP Tales Of Mystery, my guess is by Xmas.

Hey Clint! It is on bluray with a fantastic sound quality - do I need to say more...

But for me a documentary is something I wouldn't watch much...I had it on my HD-DVR but erased it after a few views...glad you enjoy it:) but there is not enough real music for me to purchase it..I'm hurting right now for storage space for my discs and space is precious..

The Genesis website says the fourth Hackett disc will be released later this year.

Skylarking has been discussed by Andy for sometime now, and it all pertains to the effort of his work with the multi's, and SW.and it would seem to be the next logical disc in order.

Mirage has been confirmed, and will likely be out for Xmas, according to Caillat.

Topo Tales again seems to be almost if not totally remixed and awaiting release date.

Regarding Mirage...was this another facebook entry because even the Fleetwood Mac website is unsure if it will be released and I think the self titled album was mixed for surround and never released...I hope it becomes a reality and is brought to the marketplace instead of heading for the vaults..

Alan Parsons has already said that "Tales of Mystery" is on track for a summer release, which is even sooner. Can't wait to hear that one!
As for "Voyage", if you're referring to what's found at this link then I see where you got that from, but keep in mind, it's a fan site and one that's not officially related to Genesis or Steve.

Finally, there's still too much speculation around the next XTC remix and "Tales from Topographic Oceans" for me. I have no doubts at all that there's another XTC remix that will definitely be released this year, but it's not definite yet which one it will be until Andy gives the official word out online.

"According to Steve" states that fan site (a very well informed fan no less).:D

Think postive things, Ryan , and positive things will happen.

I stand by my predictions; after all they are "predictions".

No harm will occur if one or two don't materialize, but I base these on comments, time, and a QQ intuition.A lot of surprises will no doubt occur in the surround releases schedule for 2016, and the year is young.So keep the faith.:D

"According to Steve" states that fan site (a very well informed fan no less).:D

Think postive things, Ryan , and positive things will happen.

I stand by my predictions; after all they are "predictions".

No harm will occur if one or two don't materialize, but I base these on comments, time, and a QQ intuition.A lot of surprises will no doubt occur in the surround releases schedule for 2016, and the year is young.So keep the faith.:D

I'm am thinking positively about most of those you have mentioned, although I really don't care about "Voyage" since it's an upmix and I already have it as part of the "Premonitions" set, but for those you who do want it, I hope it happens.
As for the others, I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up if some don't materialize this year (or at all). That's happened before, and it hurts. So my attitude from now on is to hope but not expect, and I think that will make me a lot happier when certain releases do materialize and less upset when they don't. :)

Regarding Mirage...was this another facebook entry because even the Fleetwood Mac website is unsure if it will be released and I think the self titled album was mixed for surround and never released...I hope it becomes a reality and is brought to the marketplace instead of heading for the vaults..

I'm going by the SHF website quotes from Caillat.I too wonder why not the 75 disc, why do a box set of Mirage first???

POST #30 has the link, quotes.BTW

I'm going by the SHF website quotes from Caillat.I too wonder why not the 75 disc, why do a box set of Mirage first???

POST #30 has the link, quotes.BTW

It may not be obvious to us, but it's very obvious to everyone else who's a Fleetwood Mac fan that doesn't necessarily care about surround sound.
Even though the 1975 album is due for a deluxe reissue at some point, at least that album's been remastered already with bonus tracks added.
FM fans have been clamoring for remastered deluxe editions of albums like "Mirage" and "Tango in the Night" for a long time now, and so releasing "Mirage" like this (with surround sound) will go a long way I think to pleasing a lot more consumers this way.

Question: Is it possible that Auro 3D releases (or at least promotes) an album with no surround option?
George McCrae - LOVE
New album out 6 May 2016 (13 May 2016 USA), available on CD, Vinyl as well the new 24bit Auro3D Blu Ray format.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 71VPaGQPnQL._SL1200_.jpg
    71VPaGQPnQL._SL1200_.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
I do wonder if Voyage of the Acolyte is being held back on purpose, in the hopes that the multitracks have actually been found. Can only dream for the meantime.

Anyway other albums to look forward to, not entirely related to surround

Fates Warning - Theories of Flight (late July)
The Pineapple Thief - Your Wilderness (Aug 20th). Knowing Bruce I'm sure there will be a surround version too. Bruce also mentioned the remix of the debut TPT album Abducted at Birth will follow the new album, so fingers crossed we receive this by years end.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I do wonder if Voyage of the Acolyte is being held back on purpose, in the hopes that the multitracks have actually been found. Can only dream for the meantime.

That would be cool, but like I have said before, I think the main reason that "Voyage" is not being released as a deluxe edition like the other three albums is because they didn't have enough material to fill a three-disc set.

Also coming but no official dates yet,

JETHRO TULL-STAND UP CD/DVD BOOK
STEVE HACKETT- VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE CD/DVD
ROGER WATERS -2016 SOLO PROJECT
XTC-SKYLARKING
YES-TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS

-we should see these, hopefully by Xmas alongside Fleetwood Mac-Mirage, box set, and Roxy Music....finally!!!(y)

Hey Ryan,

There's FOUR of my predictions come true. (when you include Mirage, that is.)

and it's not even half the year yet?:D

Hey Ryan,

There's FOUR of my predictions come true. (when you include Mirage, that is.)

and it's not even half the year yet?:D

Hey, just for the record, I never said that none of those releases would NOT happen this year.
I just didn't want to get my hopes up and then be crushed, particularly when it came to "Slylarking" and "Tales from Topographic Oceans", but all is good now! :)

Hey, just for the record, I never said that none of those releases would NOT happen this year.
I just didn't want to get my hopes up and then be crushed, particularly when it came to "Slylarking" and "Tales from Topographic Oceans", but all is good now! :)
So your own words terminology on my predictions "very misleading " makes one wonder, on a "PREDICTIONS" site, no less.

Predicting, for the most part is guess-work.

And so far, not bad. Very good Vegas odds I think. JUST DON'T ASK ME TO PICK ANY LOTTERY #NUMBERS.(y)(y)(y)(y):D

Back