2016 Surround Release Predictions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your own words terminology on my predictions "very misleading " makes one wonder, on a "PREDICTIONS" site, no less.

Predicting, for the most part is guess-work.

And so far, not bad. Very good Vegas odds I think. JUST DON'T ASK ME TO PICK ANY LOTTERY #NUMBERS.(y)(y)(y)(y):D

You predicted Skylarking and Tales back on April 7 - Good Job Buddy!

So your own words terminology on my predictions "very misleading " makes one wonder, on a "PREDICTIONS" site, no less.

Predicting, for the most part is guess-work.

And so far, not bad. Very good Vegas odds I think. JUST DON'T ASK ME TO PICK ANY LOTTERY #NUMBERS.(y)(y)(y)(y):D

Well for the record, you used the words "Also coming", which for some titles was a misleading phrase. Up until a few weeks ago, there were no surefire signs that both "Skylarking" and "Tales" would definitely be coming this year. So yeah, I do think that could be considered 'misleading' language.
Now if you would have said I THINK we will get these titles this year, that would be different, but like I said before all good now. :)

Well for the record, you used the words "Also coming", which for some titles was a misleading phrase. Up until a few weeks ago, there were no surefire signs that both "Skylarking" and "Tales" would definitely be coming this year. So yeah, I do think that could be considered 'misleading' language.
Now if you would have said I THINK we will get these titles this year, that would be different, but like I said before all good now. :)

For the record ? Correct statement was "Also coming but no definte dates yet "

and now as you state :all good now(y):D

But it's "Roxy Music" that has me CONFOUNDED !! Why haven't we even heard a "peep" after all this time and since S.W. disclosed it's 5.1 mix.??:(

Also should add (for those who have ordered the Ultimate Set with the Bluray having 5.1 included) - Marillion's F.E.A.R. (F**k Everything and Run) coming September the 19th I believe.

Looking forward to this however I do wish they had a separate Bluray option because I want the Hi-Res content.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I've realized that non-members can't see my blog, so here's the first half of 2016 to sum it all up so far. What a ride!

Kiama – Sign of IV ( 2CD+DVD-V [dts] ) 1/18
Steven Wilson – 4 ½ ( BD-A ) 1/22
America – Hearts ( SACD ) 1/22
Andy Jackson – 73 Days at Sea ( CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) 1/29
Mike Oldfield – Discovery ( 2CD+DVD-V [dts] ) 1/29 5.1 for selected tracks only (The 1984 Suite)
Anthony Phillips – Wise After the Event ( 3CD+DVD-A ) 2/5
Frank Valdor – Fantastic Golden Latin Hits ( DVD-A ) 2/5
The Enid – The Bridge ( FLAC [96/24] / DVD-A.iso [48/24] ) 2/24
Tony Banks – A Curious Feeling ( CD+DVD-V ) 2/26
Tony Banks – The Fugitive ( CD+DVD-V ) 2/26
Billy Cobham – Spectrum ( SACD ) 2/26
Herbie Hancock – Thrust ( SACD ) 2/26
Djabe – Ly-O-Lay Ale Loya ( DVD-A/V ) 3/1
Bob Dylan – The Bootleg Series Vol. 6: Bob Dylan Live 1964, Concert at Philharmonic Hall ( 2SACD ) 3/18
Blackfield – Live in NYC ( CD+DVD-V [dts 48/24] ) 3/18
Boris with Merzbow – Gensho ( 2CD / FLAC ) 3/18
Big Big Train – Stone and Steel ( BD-V ) 3/21 / 7/4 (NTSC version)
Tomita – Okhotsk Genso ( SACD ) 3/23
Jeff Beck – Blow by Blow ( SACD ) 3/25
Golpe Tierra – Live at South Madison Police Station ( FLAC ) 3/25
The Enid – Dust ( FLAC [96/24] / DVD-A.iso [48/24] ) 4/1
Anthony Phillips – Sides ( 3CD+DVD-A ) 4/15
Roger Shah – Music for Meditation, Yoga & Any Other Wellbeing Moments ( BD-A ) 4/15
Earth, Wind & Fire – Head to the Sky ( SACD ) 4/22
Jethro Tull – Aqualung ( 2CD+2DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) 4/22
Herbie Hancock – Head Hunters ( SACD ) 4/29
ALIENADIN – ALIENADIN ( BD-A ) 5/3
Rick Wakeman – Journey to the Centre of the Earth ( CD+DVD-A / 3CD+DVD-A ) 5/6
George McCrae – Love ( BD-A ) 5/13
Various Artists – The Collection ( SACD ) 5/20
Katatonia – The Fall of Hearts ( CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) 5/20
Mannheim Steamroller – Fresh Aire 8 ( SACD ) 5/20
Klaus Schulze & Pete Namlook – The Dark Side of the Moog Vol. 9 - 11 ( 4CD+DTSCD ) 5/27 only Vol. 11 in 5.1
Steve Hackett – Please Don't Touch ( 2CD+DVD-V [dts] ) 5/27
Steve Hackett – Spectral Mornings ( 2CD+DVD-V [dts] ) 5/27
Steve Hackett – Defector ( 2CD+DVD-V [dts] ) 5/27 Penteo upmix
Robert Reed – Sanctuary II ( 2CD+DVD-A ) 6/10
Barclay James Harvest – Everyone is Everybody Else ( 2CD+DVD-V [dts 96/24] ) 6/10
The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds ( 4CD+BD-A ) 6/10
Laura Nyro – Eli and the Thirteenth Confession ( SACD ) 6/17
Chicago – Chicago Quadio Box ( 9BD-A ) 6/17
Anthony Phillips – 1984 ( 2CD+DVD-A ) 6/24
Monsterworks – Black Swan Annihilation ( CD+DVD-V ) 6/24
Djabe – 20 Dimensions ( DVD-A+DVD-V ) 6/25
Ghost Community – Cycle of Life ( FLAC ) 6/28

Last edited:
Simple Minds' "New Gold Dream" BDA arrived last Friday (released 8/5/16). And Loggins & Messina "Fill Sail" SACD before that. Too many to keep track!

Simple Minds' "New Gold Dream" BDA arrived last Friday (released 8/5/16). And Loggins & Messina "Fill Sail" SACD before that. Too many to keep track!

Haikubass is well aware of those releases. He only listed the 2016 releases for the first six months (from January to June). The full schedule of releases (up to now and those in the future currently known to us) are on his blog page.

:)

Question: Is it possible that Auro 3D releases (or at least promotes) an album with no surround option?
George McCrae - LOVE
New album out 6 May 2016 (13 May 2016 USA), available on CD, Vinyl as well the new 24bit Auro3D Blu Ray format.

attachment.php

Marek, I can confirm this has a 5.1 option :upthumb

Since the 80s have been getting some 5.1 reissues lately, how about giving the first few Big Country albums a go in 5.1 ? Mr Steven Wilson?

There is a DVD of classic Big Country music clips 'in' 5.1 that I own, but the mixes are not that great.

Back