4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t heard of these being mixed in quad and shelved but I would certainly welcome them.

Not part of any unreleased quad listings , as far as i know , but they sure would be welcome as a NEW QUAD mix of which this possibility was mentioned by @ForagingRhino .
So this opens up our quad requests in a big way , provided they are on the Rhino WEA Artists Catalogue.
I think KILLER would be a KILLER in quad.

Others in this NEW QUAD category might be welcome quad remixes of
"Gerry Rafferty 's" two big selling albums..."City To City" and "Night Owl" .
Also more possible quad mixes-newly minted , could be for ;
"Black Sabbath Black Sabbath" (first album) , "Deep Purple -In Rock" , "Fireball" or "Burn", "Crosby Stills Nash and Young Deja Vu" , or "Crosby, Stills , Nash" (first album), ETC....

BTW , has anyone else noticed we have THREE threads , all pertaining to the same thing ??

I think KILLER would be a KILLER in quad.
Oh man, would it ever!!

welcome quad remixes of
"Gerry Rafferty 's" two big selling albums..."City To City" and "Night Owl" .
Oh hell yes! For me, City To City would be epic...

more possible quad mixes-newly minted , could be for ;
"Black Sabbath Black Sabbath" (first album)
I would slice off my left nodule for this one....

BTW , has anyone else noticed we have THREE threads , all pertaining to the same thing ??
YES! Annoying....

Oh man, would it ever!!

Oh hell yes! For me, City To City would be epic...

I would slice off my left nodule for this one....

YES! Annoying....

I had both City To City and Night Owl , back in the day on United Artists and boy did they ever sound good on a TATE Decoder.

Just a left nut 🤗 huh? 😅

I'd walk a few miles in a swamp for that one, and let's not forget the slim possibility of some of The Led Zeppelin albums ....
Oh say Led Zeppelin Four , and then ONE , TWO and THREE .
But you have to get Jimmy Page on board which might be a difficult task., oh well , you just never know.

The sad thing is, unlike (1973) Billion Dollar Babies neither of these 1971 albums were ever mixed/released in quad...

No I know, but that's just the point...all are now possibilities for a NEWLY MINTED QUAD , which as I said , is now a distinct occurrence.
This was mentioned prior by our Rhino host with the most, WEA quad info.
Just thinking of the new quad possibilities by or for Ted Templeton, Lee Hershberg , Donna Landee , etc (provided a...they are still live n kicking, and b...they have the interests to do a quad mix).

While new quad mixes are possible, I will believe it when I see one.
Seems to me that if you were going to make the effort, Atmos would make the most sense because it’s the current state of the art format.
I hope I am proven wrong many times over.
Bill, Warner/Rhino have been putting out some choice albums with Dolby Atmos codecs apart from their QUADIO releases, namely, MOONDANCE, MACHINE HEAD and Prince's DIAMONDS AND PEARLS ......

Official tease/hint:
IMG_6814.jpg

Bill, Warner/Rhino have been putting out some choice albums with Dolby Atmos codecs apart from their QUADIO releases, namely, MOONDANCE, MACHINE HEAD and Prince's DIAMONDS AND PEARLS ......
Exactly! They opted for Atmos and not quad. Why not release Moondance and Diamond And Pearls in new quad mixes instead of, or in addition to, the Atmos mix?
Like I said, I hope I am proven wrong. I am just as happy with a good quad mix as an Atmos mix.

So to recap:
If you add up these four original selection numbers, you'll get 17933. https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...s-coming-in-may-2024.35619/page-3#post-761583
One Male artist, One Female Artist, One Group & One Duo, https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...s-coming-in-may-2024.35619/page-4#post-761614
Two of these titles are the only Quad releases by those artists. https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-coming-in-may-2024.35619/page-13#post-764010

:unsure:

And they are singular...only one quad release.( oh I thought all four of them where singular ???)
So the 2nd one is a Duo.. Seals And Crofts. And Bette Midler is the beige with rust.

Arlo Guthrie , (but there should be some blue ?)Edit only one male artist.

Last edited:
Group, might be Graham Central Station so......

Mickey Newbury
Bette Midler
Graham Central Station
Seals and Crofts

But which one would be considered out of left field ?

IDK...that's my best guess?

Edit..
If...the 2nd disc is not Bette Midler ...then I think that would be Court n Spark by Joni Mitchell.

Last edited:
But with Joni in the midst of the Archives series of releases, I doubt they would muddle things with a Quadio, unless Vol 4 is delayed.

Carly's catalog has been relatively quiet lately, and she has so many quads, I'm hoping she gets the Boxset in May.

@ForagingRhino did say it would be a mind blower, so maybe they made 2 new Eagles quads :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back