4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every one of the foursomes had one title in it that I wasn't thrilled with, but I still bought the lot because that 4th one, in a bundle, only cost $5. They remain in my collection sealed. 🙂

This bundle is the Hot Tuna for me. But I know I'm a minority in this group. First set was Nightmares and the last batches were Gil Evans and Mingus. Again, I'm in the minority since I really enjoy more pop music - stuff I used to hear on the radio.

So, when is the right time to start a thread "4 more Quadio titles coming in October 2024" (if it is indeed October)?

And is there a thread regarding the new Quadio box with an imminent release date?

Warning, Will Robinson!
Can't you send out Lennier? It might be dangerous."
1712760280178.png

I've seen a "tuna melt" made that looked appealing. But never had one myself.
I had my mind melt at an acoustic Hot Tuna show (3/4/88 with Paul Kantner and Papa John, maybe Will Scarlett IIRC, but definitely with Grace Slick showing
up and surprising Kantner). This laid the framework for their '89 Jefferson Airplane reunion tour (I think this show is on YouTube).

None of these Quad releases are for me. I never heard of Hot Tuna and gave it a spin. It's not appealing in my opinion. The first 3 quad bundles were just killer releases. I feel like this will be a dud for Rhino. I'm hoping this doesn't kill the Quad releases.

I don't understand why you wouldn't release one of the Eagles albums. Here's hoping bundle #5 will get back to caliber of the first 3.

Last edited:
None of these Quad releases are for me. I never heard of Hot Tuna and gave it a spin. It's not appealing in my opinion. The first 3 quad bundles were just killer releases. I feel like this will be a dud for Rhino. I'm hoping this doesn't kill the Quad releases.

I don't understand why you wouldn't release one of the Eagles albums. Here's hoping bundle #5 will get back to the first 3.
There are several Quadio related threads now so perhaps you missed the discussions surrounding the Eagles. The main reason those quads aren’t being released is because the band members themselves don’t want them released. It’s not Rhino that’s putting the kibosh on them.

I don't see this series killed off any time that soon. I mean the worst that could happen is the pressing runs get very small of certain titles, like Audio Fidelity was sometimes doing 2,000 - 3,000 units only. What happens then is that folks sit around and can't decide if they want Randy, or Tuna, or Roberta, and the damn thing sells out by the time they make up their mind, and then it's over to eBay or Amazon to get soaked to the tune of $80 or $100 for a f'ing $25 disc.

Back