4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several Quadio related threads now so perhaps you missed the discussions surrounding the Eagles. The main reason those quads aren’t being released is because the band members themselves don’t want them released. It’s not Rhino that’s putting the kibosh on them.
There are quite a few quad topics on this forum that it's hard to keep track of them. Can I get a link to an article stating this or a representative from Rhino saying that the band members don't want them released?

Okay, so the next (May 2024) batch is now old news.
What's new news?
That mystery box has been pushed up to this month!
My money is betting it's a singer for the box set ....:LOL:
GREAT NEWS Steve!

And Farmer Mike, my best guess is the lovely former wife of James Taylor and the daughter of Simon and Schuster magnate Richard SIMON.

SHE DOES, AFTER ALL, HAVE 5 CHOICE QUAD TITLES UNDER HER ADORABLE CINCHED BELT!
Image result for Carly Simon. Size: 120 x 150. Source: www.goodhousekeeping.com

Last edited:
There are quite a few quad topics on this forum that it's hard to keep track of them. Can I get a link to an article stating this or a representative from Rhino saying that the band members don't want them released?
I’m sure not going through the thousands of posts over multiple threads to find them. So hopefully someone with that knowledge will repeat themselves if they see this. Good luck with that. 😄

None of these Quad releases are for me. I never heard of Hot Tuna and gave it a spin. It's not appealing in my opinion. The first 3 quad bundles were just killer releases. I feel like this will be a dud for Rhino. I'm hoping this doesn't kill the Quad releases.

I don't understand why you wouldn't release one of the Eagles albums. Here's hoping bundle #5 will get back to caliber of the first 3.
I think this is another case--there are periodic outbreaks on this thread and others--of one person fearfully projecting their own limited tastes onto the rest of the surround-buying public. For fans of soul and R&B, especially, Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway are musical giants--class acts and truly consequential figures in the history of American pop music. In the realm of 70s soft rock, the peers of Seals & Crofts would form a very small club (using either popularity or musicianship or both as your membership criteria), and Summer Breeze is their breakthrough album. And Hot Tuna may not be my bag, either, but any project featuring two founding members of Jefferson Airplane plus legendary violinist Papa John Creach is bound to get gobbled up by the Airplane-Starship heads. Plenty of appeal to go around there, and the caliber of the music is plenty high, too.

There are several Quadio related threads now so perhaps you missed the discussions surrounding the Eagles. The main reason those quads aren’t being released is because the band members themselves don’t want them released. It’s not Rhino that’s putting the kibosh on them.
That also sounds like Paul Simon. Firstly I don't understand why an artist would want to block the release of any of his works. Secondly, I previously went so far as to say that an artist should not be able to block re-release of any of their works. Aside from my "radical" comment/belief (which will do nothing to free up this material) I would suggest that, if those reports are true then we should all start a massive letter writing campaign targeting those reluctant artists. Beg, plead and reason with them.
I second that comment! Is it fact that certain "quads" are being blocked by certain artists? Or is it just rumours or speculation?

Well both the EAGLES and PAUL SIMON have recently seen their albums released by none other than Mobile Fidelity in Stereo SACD. Factually, MoFI PAYS A VERY HEFTY LICENSING FEE FOR THE PRIVILEGE. Even S&G's Bridge Over Troubled Water is slated for an upcoming MoFi Stereo SACD release and has already been issued on MoFi's pricey 1 Step Vinyl.

QUADBLOCKED???????????

I think this is another case--there are periodic outbreaks on this thread and others--of one person fearfully projecting their own limited tastes onto the rest of the surround-buying public. For fans of soul and R&B, especially, Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway are musical giants--class acts and truly consequential figures in the history of American pop music. In the realm of 70s soft rock, the peers of Seals & Crofts would form a very small club (using either popularity or musicianship or both as your membership criteria), and Summer Breeze is their breakthrough album. And Hot Tuna may not be my bag, either, but any project featuring two founding members of Jefferson Airplane plus legendary violinist Papa John Creach is bound to get gobbled up by the Airplane-Starship heads. Plenty of appeal to go around there, and the caliber of the music is plenty high, too.
Assumptions as usual. My taste is not limited because I share an opinion about 4 albums. Just because I don't care for these particular releases does not make my opinion any less. There are people who can't stand the Beatles. They are GIANTS among GIANTS. They should not be belittled for their taste.

Another instance of a music snob who can't fathom to hear varying opinions on musical taste and projects their biased views. Par for the course.

ForagingRhino was asked in the thread about additional Atmos releases. His response is essentially we will wait to see how well this batch sells.

Last edited:
This is only a phenomenon that affects third party reissue labels like MoFi and Dutton. First parties like Rhino (Warner) and Sony Japan can still release whatever they'd like at any time, even titles currently on license to third parties.
I'm not sure the distinction you're making here. The quad of Bridge Over Troubled Water was blocked from release by Paul Simon, many speculate.

My taste is not limited because I share an opinion about 4 albums. Just because I don't care for these particular releases does not make my opinion any less. There are people who can't stand the Beatles. They are GIANTS among GIANTS. They should not be belittled for their taste.

Another instance of a music snob who can't fathom to hear varying opinions on musical taste and projects their biased views. Par for the course.
I think the issue is when you and others conflate your personal tastes with the potential success of the program, saying things like this:
The first 3 quad bundles were just killer releases. I feel like this will be a dud for Rhino. I'm hoping this doesn't kill the Quad releases.

I don't understand why you wouldn't release one of the Eagles albums. Here's hoping bundle #5 will get back to caliber of the first 3.
I've heard rumblings that the quadio program will fail about... 3-4 times now in this forum, from people who think sets won't be successful because they personally don't like the albums.

Last edited:
I think the issue is when you and others conflate your personal tastes with the potential success of the program, saying things like this:

I've heard rumblings that the quadio program will fail about... 3-4 times now in this forum, from people who think sets will be successful because they personally don't like the albums.
I don't want the program to fail. I hope I'm wrong and they sell well.

I'm not sure the distinction you're making here. The quad of Bridge Over Troubled Water was blocked from release by Paul Simon, many speculate.
"Quadblocking" is a term used here to mean that a licensed stereo/mono reissue by one label has "blocked" that album's quad mix from being released by another, at least until the former's license expires. Artists are free to veto any of their work being released on any label, of course, under most circumstances. That's a separate issue.

Back