ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gives me chills..... maybe I need to watch The Doors movie tonight....

I hope you aren't talking about the Oliver Stone version..although Van Kilmer looked very much like Jim..... Stone put his own slant on the movie...I remember how furious Ray Manzarek was when he discovered how Stone had portrayed Morrison..

I hope you aren't talking about the Oliver Stone version..although Van Kilmer looked very much like Jim..... Stone put his own slant on the movie...I remember how furious Ray Manzarek was when he discovered how Stone had portrayed Morrison..

I am. I love that movie. I don't care about the slants....I think the movie is awesome.....one of my all time favorites. Plus, the music during many of the scenes is amazing....5.1!!!

It came out at a time when I was young, dumb and full of, well, you know where I'm going. Some of the best times in my life. Anyway, I could watch it off Amazon since I'm a Prime member but it'll have to wait cause I'm too busy with music right now.

It came out at a time when I was young, dumb and full of, well, you know where I'm going. Some of the best times in my life. Anyway, I could watch it off Amazon since I'm a Prime member but it'll have to wait cause I'm too busy with music right now.

Yes I do....luckily, when it came out...I was an avid Doors fan....I simply could not believe they were making a movie about one of my favorite bands....me and the wife saw it in the theater....and I was smitten. We saw it 3 more times on the big screen.

Hey all - I purchased FLAC download of Dean Martin - Dream With Dean. You can also buy the SACD version. I have to say, this particular recording is amazing....super warm, nice low end....Dean's vocals are super pronounced in front. Clean, clear and natural. Funny, how hearing this makes me think one of a couple things....Elvis copies Dean...or Dean copies Elvis....some dramatic similarities in their vocals.

So, if you have some curiosity about Dean Martin...get the download, or buy the SACD. Either way, this is a beauty!!

Um, I have some inside knowledge of that film and you are exactly right about Stone.
Although Oliver Stone has made a couple of good movies, he's a verifiable head case.

Some birthday greetings...drummer Ian Paice of Deep Purple...Whitesnake... and the Gary Moore Band is 67 today...Colin Hay of Men At Work is 62 today...HAPPY BIRTHDAY

[video=youtube;XfR9iY5y94s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s[/video]

Some birthday greetings...drummer Ian Paice of Deep Purple...Whitesnake... and the Gary Moore Band is 67 today...Colin Hay of Men At Work is 62 today...HAPPY BIRTHDAY

[video=youtube;XfR9iY5y94s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s[/video]

Men At Work in surround would be excellent!

No, I don't doubt they do suck...I just hadn't heard about them...which shocks me considering how much I love all things Doors.

I don't think they suck...they aren't as fascinatingly idiosyncratic as the Morrison-era material, but they have their moments of interest. I think "Other Voices" is the better of the two, probably because I really, really like "Ships w/Sails".

Big day at the mailbox for me...

001.JPG

Back