ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great!

Those Beat-Club tracks were not included in the 2DVD set "Ghost Blues - The Story of Rory Gallagher". Then maybe one of the tracks in this new box set includes a recording with Rory playing saxophone! Too bad they didn't include a DVD with the visuals...

-Kristian

The 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony has been on HBO...BUT NOW even if you don't subscribe to HBO you have a chance to watch it/record it....I'm not sure if this is only for Directv customers...but this weekend there is a free preview of HBO(June 19 to 22)on Directv..and on Friday at 9am EASTERN Standard Time on channel 501 you can watch the Induction Ceremony on the free trial...I've recorded it but havent' watched it yet...so check with your local provider and see if the HBO free trial is on your system...

I've been neglecting my video interests lately...so today I thought instead of hi rez music...I'd watch some blu ray video titles...so when I was getting ready to prepare a meal..I thought why not slap in a blu ray concert while I'm doing my prep work for my meal...so I grabbed a concert that I feel is vastly underrated...with a killer song list...the intention was just to play a few tunes..but here I am...finished with my meal..on song 16...and loving every minute of it...this group has some outstanding songs...they really seem "fresh" and happy to play this concert...another one of those bands from the past that had a core group of only 3 members...no it's not Rush...and their lead singer went on his own...this set I have came with 2 CD's and a blu ray audio...great audience and an excellent performance...if you don't have this disc...I would suggest you grab one on amazon or ebay...here you go

I've been listening to the Miles Davis Take Off Blu Ray Audio disc and it's just so "cool"...what a performance...just a fun disc...yes it has a dated sound but if you like Miles this is a must have disc..

NEW James Taylor music coming our way..some thoughts here...the CD is available here..plus there is a SUPER deluxe version that includes a 40 page book and an extra CD and something amazon describes as a HD AUDIO DOWNLOAD here

Hopefully the new JT album will be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow evening, along with the Ozric Tentacles latest :cool:

The sole GTR album is being re-released in a 2CD deluxe package (sadly no 5.1) by Esoteric on 28th August

GTR: REMASTERED

1. WHEN THE HEART RULES THE MIND 2. THE HUNTER 3. HERE I WAIT 4. SKETCHES IN THE SUN 5. JEKYLL AND HYDE 6. YOU CAN STILL GET THROUGH 7. REACH OUT (NEVER SAY NO) 8. TOE THE LINE 9. HACKETT TO BITS 10.IMAGINING

BONUS TRACKS

11.THE HUNTER (SPECIAL GTR MIX) 12.WHEN THE HEART RULES THE MIND (SINGLE VERSION) 13.THE HUNTER (SINGLE VERSION)

GTR: LIVE IN LOS ANGELES IN JULY 1986

1. JEKYLL AND HYDE 2. HERE I WAIT 3. PRIZEFIGHTERS 4. IMAGINING 5. HACKETT TO BITS 6. SPECTRAL MORNINGS 7. I KNOW WHAT I LIKE (IN YOUR WARDROBE) 8. SKETCHES IN THE SUN 9. PENNANTS 10.ROUNDABOUT 11.THE HUNTER 12.YOU CAN STILL GET THROUGH 13.REACH OUT (NEVER SAY NO) 14.WHEN THE HEART RULES THE MIND

The sole GTR album is being re-released in a 2CD deluxe package (sadly no 5.1) by Esoteric on 28th August

GTR: REMASTERED

1. WHEN THE HEART RULES THE MIND 2. THE HUNTER 3. HERE I WAIT 4. SKETCHES IN THE SUN 5. JEKYLL AND HYDE 6. YOU CAN STILL GET THROUGH 7. REACH OUT (NEVER SAY NO) 8. TOE THE LINE 9. HACKETT TO BITS 10.IMAGINING

BONUS TRACKS

11.THE HUNTER (SPECIAL GTR MIX) 12.WHEN THE HEART RULES THE MIND (SINGLE VERSION) 13.THE HUNTER (SINGLE VERSION)

GTR: LIVE IN LOS ANGELES IN JULY 1986

1. JEKYLL AND HYDE 2. HERE I WAIT 3. PRIZEFIGHTERS 4. IMAGINING 5. HACKETT TO BITS 6. SPECTRAL MORNINGS 7. I KNOW WHAT I LIKE (IN YOUR WARDROBE) 8. SKETCHES IN THE SUN 9. PENNANTS 10.ROUNDABOUT 11.THE HUNTER 12.YOU CAN STILL GET THROUGH 13.REACH OUT (NEVER SAY NO) 14.WHEN THE HEART RULES THE MIND

The A side of the single THE HUNTER (SPECIAL GTR MIX) is the track I might still listen to now and again. I saw the show in Milwaukee and it was WAY better than I expected! I had far more than my moneys worth with the 2 acoustic opening sets from Steve and Steve. Hearing Pennants live was a really nice bonus too!

I've got to say though, there was a review of this album at the time that unfortunately kind of nailed it. It simply read: GTR - SHT

Also a good article on Rush in the most recent issue of "Classic Rock" (on the cover as well). I just subscribed to Classic Rock as an alternative to Rolling Stone (got tired of the politics in RS... Classic Rock seems to be focused purely on the music.

Also a good article on Rush in the most recent issue of "Classic Rock" (on the cover as well). I just subscribed to Classic Rock as an alternative to Rolling Stone (got tired of the politics in RS... Classic Rock seems to be focused purely on the music.

Prog Rock magazine from the same publisher is good too, plus it has Rick Wakeman's Grumpy Old Rock Star rant as well, always a laugh!

The new James Taylor album "Before This World" is well worth a listen, some good new songs, a couple I'm not so keen on, but excellent musicianship, and those trademark 'JT' harmony vocals.

Man, listening to Miles Davis Bitches Brew sort of getting me fired up for this era of great jazz. I mean, there is so much.....I've been listening to youtube clips of Charles Mingus....man is he good or what? Jeez....I'm gonna have to get into some of that...

Man, listening to Miles Davis Bitches Brew sort of getting me fired up for this era of great jazz. I mean, there is so much.....I've been listening to youtube clips of Charles Mingus....man is he good or what? Jeez....I'm gonna have to get into some of that...

Mingus Ah Um from 1959 is a great place to start. It's one of my all time favorite jazz recordings. (y)

Back