ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deployment blues... does crazy things to your brain.

Just ordered Metallica Master of Puppets Deluxe Box. It does have incredible content. Just no surround.
Well, surround ain't everything. They're supposed to deliver this thing the day before I ship out.

This album runs in my BLOOD. I love that there is a Cliff show on cassette! And a bunch of Jason shows.

Plus, my son's surrogate mother's husband loves Metallica, so I'll loan it to him while I'm overseas.

Anyway...

:lookaround

Well, NEWEGG is having a great sale today on this lower tier Yamaha receiver....check this out from today's flyer. :banana:

Yamaha today.JPG

All you UK folks will laugh that I've certainly never heard of this band...but I really enjoy what I'm hearing.

Check this out....really some catchy stuff I think.

[video=youtube;xqovGKdgAXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqovGKdgAXY&index=1&list=RDEM88joJv_T6vhTls21UmkzLg[/video]

So, I'm staring at Stevie Nicks on the back of the Fleetwood Mac box set. (I haven't opened it yet)

OMG, she is so damn cute in this picture. I think I have a 45 year old crush on her. Oddly, Christine...in this picture looks rough......just sayin'

So, I'm staring at Stevie Nicks on the back of the Fleetwood Mac box set. (I haven't opened it yet)

OMG, she is so damn cute in this picture. I think I have a 45 year old crush on her. Oddly, Christine...in this picture looks rough......just sayin'

Can’t argue with you. I sent her 384 emails asking her to marry me and all I got in return was a lousy restraining order. How rude, right? ;)

Letterman always had some excellent music guests...

Here are the Foo Fighters with Rick Nielsen...great stuff man.

[video=youtube;9-fO3vCIOxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-fO3vCIOxA[/video]

Honestly, it just hit me like a ton of bricks....I totally forgot I have tickets for Steven Wilson in Chicago this spring. Woo-hoo! Damn...how could I forget??

Perhaps GOS 2.0 bought them! My tickets for the Cardiff show arrived yesterday :banana:

Honestly, it just hit me like a ton of bricks....I totally forgot I have tickets for Steven Wilson in Chicago this spring. Woo-hoo! Damn...how could I forget??

This morning I heard on news radio that Best Buy will discontinue selling CD's this summer in all stores. However they will continue to sell LP's and turntables, for now. The times they are a changin.

This morning I heard on news radio that Best Buy will discontinue selling CD's this summer in all stores. However they will continue to sell LP's and turntables, for now. The times they are a changin.

I'd say "wow!", except I'm not surprised. I haven't purchased a CD in a store for maybe 10 years. I purchase all online.

I find this amusing. Granted there’s little money to be made selling CDs these days and they desperately want to repurpose that floorspace to add yet more appliances, but the idea that LPs and turntables have a longterm shelf life seems absurd. People are paying stupid prices for new vinyl so short term gains are deemed acceptable.

What an abject failure the marketing of high resolution music has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find this amusing. Granted there’s little money to be made selling CDs these days and they desperately want to repurpose that floorspace to add yet more appliances, but the idea that LPs and turntables have a longterm shelf life seems absurd. People are paying stupid prices for new vinyl so short term gains are deemed acceptable.

What an abject failure the marketing of high resolution music has been.

I remember hearing 5 years ago how retail outlets like Best Buy were going stop carrying DVDs...but they didn't...Hollywood kept putting out releases in the DVD format...which certainly didn't help blu ray..that was supposed to be the plan..DVDs would stop and people would switch to blu ray...it was bad enough that the blu ray "decision makers" shot them selves in the foot and reloaded many times....but this specific problem wasn't their fault...and it certainly impacted the growth of blu ray..

If these outlets start to carry vinyl...that won't last long..unlike CDs..vinyl has a whole set of problems for the retail outlet..

You are right...she doesn't look very good in THIS picture

IMG_2988.jpg

Frank Zappa has a very loyal fan base...just a few days after the release date... the new offering is sold out at importcds...deep discount ..bullmoose and many other outlets... the box set of 7 CDs is still available at amazon HERE

5413521e7b12f8e65b8a8752bf0f20bc.jpg

I own all 6 - but haven’t even unwrapped these yet. Gives me stuff to do at a later date when I have more time. [emoji1474]

5413521e7b12f8e65b8a8752bf0f20bc.jpg

I own all 6 - but haven’t even unwrapped these yet. Gives me stuff to do at a later date when I have more time. [emoji1474]

You need to at least unwrap the 1971 set as it contains the Quadraphonic mix of "Echoes".

:)

Back