ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you kidding...of course we want to hear about it(y) there are all the elements of a great mini series.....I bent over...my shorts popped off...zipper broke..Champagne...weed..love
hahaha...honestly...I was thinking.....seriously? The shorts I had on was a single size too big...and well....they damn near fell off. All true....odd as it sounds.

Since G was so honest about his day...let me share my latest failure...I purchased THIS SACD on amazon UK....it was a used disc and it was $58 for very good condition...so I wait and it finally comes and it's just a CD...not the SACD I ordered and which was displayed on amazon UK...this isn't the first time this has happened....but it's a real PITA when it has to go back overseas....I emailed the seller and told him I shouldn't even have to return it and waste my time with custom forms and waiting in line at the post office...I even hinted that I might just mention it on an internet forum so thousands of his potential customers could read all about ito_O...I didn't name the forum...hehe...we will see what happens...

Since G was so honest about his day...let me share my latest failure...I purchased THIS SACD on amazon UK....it was a used disc and it was $58 for very good condition...so I wait and it finally comes and it's just a CD...not the SACD I ordered and which was displayed on amazon UK...this isn't the first time this has happened....but it's a real PITA when it has to go back overseas....I emailed the seller and told him I shouldn't even have to return it and waste my time with custom forms and waiting in line at the post office...I even hinted that I might just mention it on an internet forum so thousands of his potential customers could read all about ito_O...I didn't name the forum...hehe...we will see what happens...
The same thing happened to me here with Amazon US. I ordered an advertised from a third party seller, as an import, Depeche Mode’s Some Great Reward SACD/DVD combo set, and they sent me an imported CD from South America somewhere. Needless to say, Amazon credited me and let me keep the disc, but I never did that again.

The same thing happened to me here with Amazon US. I ordered an advertised from a third party seller, as an import, Depeche Mode’s Some Great Reward SACD/DVD combo set, and they sent me an imported CD from South America somewhere. Needless to say, Amazon credited me and let me keep the disc, but I never did that again.

I've had that happen a few times on amazon US...and it's an easy fix...like you mentioned...but if I have to mail this thing back to the UK it won't be pretty in the comments section under his selling rep...

I've had that happen a few times on amazon US...and it's an easy fix...like you mentioned...but if I have to mail this thing back to the UK it won't be pretty in the comments section under his selling rep...
Hopefully, the person will accept his/her mistake and do the right thing. The right thing is to let you keep the mistakenly shipped disc and send you the right one.

ABSOLUTE BUMMER, Clinty. And it's such a good SACD! Hopefully, D~V will take pity on us and release some LONG OVERDUE John Denver in QUAD! Actually, only Poems, Prayers and Promises was ever released in QUAD!

Good luck with the vendor!

AmazonUS has one used in GOOD condition for $50 + s/h. I always email the vendor after placing the order ensuring it's what I ordered or direct them to CANCEL the ORDER! https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1532745540&sr=1-1

Edit: Sorry, I listed the John Denver Live Stereo SACD. Didn't realize Delta Records released a multichannel SACD of his Greatest Hits. My bad.

BTW, Clinty, read the two negative reviews of the Delta SACD posted at AmazonUS [and yes, there is ONE positive one]. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DGDKY/?tag=hraudio-20

Last edited:
ABSOLUTE BUMMER, Clinty. And it's such a good SACD! Hopefully, D~V will take pity on us and release some LONG OVERDUE John Denver in QUAD! Actually, only Poems, Prayers and Promises was ever released in QUAD!

Good luck with the vendor!

AmazonUS has one used in GOOD condition for $50 + s/h. I always email the vendor after placing the order ensuring it's what I ordered or direct them to CANCEL the ORDER! https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1532745540&sr=1-1

Edit: Sorry, I listed the John Denver Live Stereo SACD. Didn't realize Delta Records released a multichannel SACD of his Greatest Hits. My bad.

BTW, Clinty, read the two negative reviews of the Delta SACD posted at AmazonUS [and yes, there is ONE positive one]. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DGDKY/?tag=hraudio-20

Just to let you know...I have the John Denver Live Stereo SACD...

Music related, sort of....
So someone was kind enough to give me access to some Q8 conversions, and this morning at about 3:30 AM I turned on my pc with the 5.0 system to give a listen and not disturb my wife.
Won't boot to Windows, won't go into BIOS.
Reset CMOS and pull battery for a while, return the battery to the mobo. Disconnect all SATA except the Windows/boot disc.
Won't boot, but finally lets me in BIOS where I find nothing wrong, so I re-engage my saved OC settings save, hit reboot.
Won't boot to Windows.
Anyway eventually I get back into the BIOS and notice in the boot order a Kodak-something. I'm like, hmmm I don't have any USB stick..oh No you didn't ! Checked the Kodak printer and it was turned on.
Turned it off, pc boots right up. Yeah, I know, it's weird that way, these Kodak printers. Don't know what they are sending back to the USB port.
Spent next hour figuring which cable is which (I have a very large pc with 2 pedestals so I have 36" SATA cables) so now all is good.

Now I can listen to the music, plus the wife is gone to work so I can listen loud!

Music related, sort of....
So someone was kind enough to give me access to some Q8 conversions, and this morning at about 3:30 AM I turned on my pc with the 5.0 system to give a listen and not disturb my wife.
Won't boot to Windows, won't go into BIOS.
Reset CMOS and pull battery for a while, return the battery to the mobo. Disconnect all SATA except the Windows/boot disc.
Won't boot, but finally lets me in BIOS where I find nothing wrong, so I re-engage my saved OC settings save, hit reboot.
Won't boot to Windows.
Anyway eventually I get back into the BIOS and notice in the boot order a Kodak-something. I'm like, hmmm I don't have any USB stick..oh No you didn't ! Checked the Kodak printer and it was turned on.
Turned it off, pc boots right up. Yeah, I know, it's weird that way, these Kodak printers. Don't know what they are sending back to the USB port.
Spent next hour figuring which cable is which (I have a very large pc with 2 pedestals so I have 36" SATA cables) so now all is good.

Now I can listen to the music, plus the wife is gone to work so I can listen loud!

That woulda drove Snood nutz - especially finding it was just the printer - :mad: - Glad ya got it sorted Boony :LB

Last edited:
I listened to the Jenifer Warnes CD today...Elliot Scheiner was involved with this title...now his involvement is a little cloudy...he's only credited with working on the recording...along with several other people...mastered by Bernie Grundman...now the content is a little country...but not extreme country...as you can tell I'm not a fan of country music...but her vocals are excellent and the sound quality is excellent as well...so if you still buy CDs...and enjoy good vocals...this one is for you..
IMG_3187.JPG

IMG_3186.JPG

I listened to the Jenifer Warnes CD today...Elliot Scheiner was involved with this title...now his involvement is a little cloudy...he's only credited with working on the recording...along with several other people...mastered by Bernie Grundman...now the content is a little country...but not extreme country...as you can tell I'm not a fan of country music...but her vocals are excellent and the sound quality is excellent as well...so if you still buy CDs...and enjoy good vocals...this one is for you..
View attachment 33913

View attachment 33912

Another one to add to my collection but if you're a fan, Warne's audiophile darling is Famous Blue Raincoat: the Songs of Leonard Cohen. A real WINNER, Clinty!

Deep Discount has the VERY limited edition GOLD CD with Stevie Ray Vaughan on the opening Track [First we take Manhattan]: https://www.deepdiscount.com/famous-blue-raincoat/856276002008

Back