Allman Brothers "Idlewild South" Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I add it to the cart it's 24 pounds...3 pound shipping...27 pounds total to canada...lol....(cancels cdn order....buys UK)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Idlewild-South/dp/B0157FE6AM/

Good news for anyone looking to preorder this title in the UK (and Europe)
A preorder has just gone up at the link above on amazon UK for 29 pounds. That's 29 pounds for 3 CDs and the 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio Disc.
For US residents looking to preorder from there, the preorder comes out to $41.26
Again, I think that's a fantastic price for 3 CDs and a Blu-Ray disc, so get on it now! :)

Anyone know why Amazon US is always behind the times on all these pre-orders?

It's likely based on demand...I just saved 50 bucks by cancelling the Velvet Underground Loaded set and Allman Brothers and purchased the UK offerings instead.

Even though I'm highly interested in both of these, I'm starting to feel like it's OK not to pre-order everything. It's easy to get caught up in all the hype here on the QQ... I think I'll just wait on both of these until some reviews on the mix come in (and I LOVE the Allman Brothers!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Idlewild-South/dp/B0157FE6AM/

Good news for anyone looking to preorder this title in the UK (and Europe)
A preorder has just gone up at the link above on amazon UK for 29 pounds. That's 29 pounds for 3 CDs and the 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio Disc.
For US residents looking to preorder from there, the preorder comes out to $41.26
Again, I think that's a fantastic price for 3 CDs and a Blu-Ray disc, so get on it now! :)

Thank you for the link! Very kind

I have this one on pre-order, but the delivery date first slipped then disappeared. Any new info on that?

Plus I am also very interested in "Brothers and Sisters" getting the same treatment. What fun!

Ok, went ahead and pre-ordered through Amazon.uk... Good price, and apparently Prime Free-Shipping applies when shipping to US, so cool... I'm in the "bring on Brothers and Sisters" boat as well, so got to support the Bros!

I have this one on pre-order, but the delivery date first slipped then disappeared. Any new info on that?

Plus I am also very interested in "Brothers and Sisters" getting the same treatment. What fun!

There has still not been an official announcement regarding this release from the Allman Bros, but all the latest reports indicate this will be released either the last week of November or the first week of December (with the latter being more likely)
As for "Brothers & Sisters" in surround, since there was a multi-disc reissue a few years ago, It will probably be some time before it is reissued again. I predict the next reissue (with surround) will probably be "Eat a Peach".

I just checked Amazon and the 2-CD version of Brothers and Sisters is for sale, but the 4-disc set is OOP.

There has still not been an official announcement regarding this release from the Allman Bros, but all the latest reports indicate this will be released either the last week of November or the first week of December (with the latter being more likely)
As for "Brothers & Sisters" in surround, since there was a multi-disc reissue a few years ago, It will probably be some time before it is reissued again. I predict the next reissue (with surround) will probably be "Eat a Peach".

I have Eat A Peach in 5.1. And Live at Filmore on more discs than I want my wife to know about! I will be happy if the next one is their debut album or Brothers and Sisters, which is out on SACD but not in surround.

We're still waiting on more info like a full track listing and packshot for this deluxe release, but amazon have now at least posted a front cover image for the set to give some kind of idea of what shape the release will take.
412KxxKU3-L.jpg

Snood just ordered this from Amazon UK even tho me in Florida total with shipping was 41.71 dollars.....price is lower once you put it in cart....saving about 18 bux compared to US Amerzon . Thanks RT :snoodhug:

Even more than 18 if you not a prime member....like 22 bux:yikes

Snood just ordered this from Amazon UK even tho me in Florida total with shipping was 41.71 dollars.....price is lower once you put it in cart....saving about 18 bux compared to US Amerzon . Thanks RT :snoodhug:

Even more than 18 if you not a prime member....like 22 bux:yikes

I just pre ordered too...gives me time to look around...but that's a great price...

It appears that the two discs in the middle say "live at ludlow garage 1970".

That's correct. "Live at Ludlow Garage 1970" makes up CDs 2 & 3 while CD 1 is the remastered album with a few bonus tracks (I think the same ones that are listed as bonus tracks on the Blu-Ray too)

Back