Allman Brothers "Idlewild South" Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My set arrived today and it sounds fab! Much like his approach for VU Loaded, Kevin Reeves went for an extreme quad kind of separation. The mix is dryer than the original but has greater warmth and clarity. My only quibble is that the drums are relegated to front right channel, matching the stereo placement but diminishing their impact in 5.1. I would have preferred them centered in fronts. However, when Jaimoe adds a second kit for a few tunes, it is placed effectively in the opposite corner.

Really digging' it. I wish Reeves could now redo Eat a Peach.

003.jpgIt came today..my only regret is that I didn't check up on Gos to make sure he bought this one...I was sure he was in on it...back to full scale surveillance I guess

004.jpg
002.jpg
006.jpg
005.jpg

I see I can get it for US $39.90 shipped via amazon third party via Zoverstocks UK. I suppose that's a pretty good price.

Excellent price, Gos. Received mine today from AmazonUK for about $44 delivered (but have not yet had a chance to spin it).

Mine just showed up from amazon.uk today and I spun it right away on the home audio system. It's pretty discrete, as I was sitting near the rear left speaker and there were bongo's and other percussion right next to me, while the vocals were up in the front channels.

It sounds pretty good. I haven't looked at the files on a PC, or listened to it without doing work, but it's not bad at all. I sorta like it.

I too was not a big Allman Brothers fan, I knew the hits, and of course I know "Midnight Rider". I never owned this album, but it's a very good listen the first time through.

Mine just showed up from amazon.uk today and I spun it right away on the home audio system. It's pretty discrete, as I was sitting near the rear left speaker and there were bongo's and other percussion right next to me, while the vocals were up in the front channels.

It sounds pretty good. I haven't looked at the files on a PC, or listened to it without doing work, but it's not bad at all. I sorta like it.

I too was not a big Allman Brothers fan, I knew the hits, and of course I know "Midnight Rider". I never owned this album, but it's a very good listen the first time through.

I will be just like you. Never been much of a fan of Allman Brothers....so this will be an interesting test for me when my copy arrives.

I'm waiting on my UK Amazon copy to arrive.

I'm getting old so I don't remember the yrea, it might have been 1968 or 1969. I bet you can google it. We went to a bar in north buffalo called Aliottas to see the Allman Brothers. They weren't famous then, they were still playing bards and clubs. We were about 6 feet away from the stage. it was awesome.

The next morning the Buffalo Courier Express front page had a headline- "roadmanger of band stabs bar owner to death" this was occurring in the back room as the Allmans played. Their road manager stabbed the bar owner who was a friend of mines - uncle to death in a dispute over money

I will be just like you. Never been much of a fan of Allman Brothers....so this will be an interesting test for me when my copy arrives.

Make that at least three of us, never was a fan either so we'll see as I have it coming as well.

I was asking here as thought more appropriate so if anyone can chime in about the Allman Live at Fillmore that came out last year as was it same people doing the 5.1?

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...e-3-x-BDA-set-1st-pix-etc&p=274079#post274079

I'm waiting on my UK Amazon copy to arrive.

I'm getting old so I don't remember the yrea, it might have been 1968 or 1969. I bet you can google it. We went to a bar in north buffalo called Aliottas to see the Allman Brothers. They weren't famous then, they were still playing bards and clubs. We were about 6 feet away from the stage. it was awesome.

The next morning the Buffalo Courier Express front page had a headline- "roadmanger of band stabs bar owner to death" this was occurring in the back room as the Allmans played. Their road manager stabbed the bar owner who was a friend of mines - uncle to death in a dispute over money

A tidbit of info on the deadly stabbing from The Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/jus...rd-time-1970-fatal-stabbing-article-1.1341527

A bench trial, without a jury... well, I've never heard of a bench trial with a jury.

My copy also arrived today, but since I just got back from work a little while ago, it will have to be listened to tomorrow morning with my coffee.
Really looking forward to it! :)

For some reason, the alternate mix of Midnight Rider (track 12) cuts off about a half minute before the ending of the song on the bluray disc. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just wondering if this is a firmware issue; I stopped updating my Oppo BDP-93 when they decided to remove ISO support.

For some reason, the alternate mix of Midnight Rider (track 12) cuts off about a half minute before the ending of the song on the bluray disc. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just wondering if this is a firmware issue; I stopped updating my Oppo BDP-93 when they decided to remove ISO support.

I just played the alternate version and it doesn't cut out...it's longer than the original version and it ends "properly"..by that I mean it doesn't end abruptly..it sounds like it was planned that way...I have an Oppo 103D

No, no issues here

I had the same problem; it is the disc, not the the Oppo. Both my 95 and 103 did the same thing, plus I had a problem with the navigation being wrong. Amazon replaced my disc and all is well.

Back