Allman Brothers "Idlewild South" Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same problem; it is the disc, not the the Oppo. Both my 95 and 103 did the same thing, plus I had a problem with the navigation being wrong. Amazon replaced my disc and all is well.

Is there any way to identify the corrected version on the outside packaging?

For some reason, the alternate mix of Midnight Rider (track 12) cuts off about a half minute before the ending of the song on the bluray disc. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just wondering if this is a firmware issue; I stopped updating my Oppo BDP-93 when they decided to remove ISO support.

Stereo or 5.1? It is actually track 11, but the chapter markers are weird to account for the different track lengths between the stereo and 5.1 mixes. DVD Audio Extractor can't rip the 5.1 mixes properly because of this, it doesn't see the 5.1 mix chapter markers.

Notice how when you change between the stereo and the 5.1 mixes you have to start the playlist over? It was authored kind of strangely, and there is a "pseudo" 30 second track 12 to account for the time differences. I could see some players being confused.

Stereo or 5.1? It is actually track 11, but the chapter markers are weird to account for the different track lengths between the stereo and 5.1 mixes. DVD Audio Extractor can't rip the 5.1 mixes properly because of this, it doesn't see the 5.1 mix chapter markers.

Notice how when you change between the stereo and the 5.1 mixes you have to start the playlist over? It was authored kind of strangely, and there is a "pseudo" 30 second track 12 to account for the time differences. I could see some players being confused.

You are right - it is track 11. The problem occurs only on the 5.1 mix (both dts and dolby). The stereo version of track 11 plays until the end.

You are right - it is track 11. The problem occurs only on the 5.1 mix (both dts and dolby). The stereo version of track 11 plays until the end.

OK, so it sounds like your player is playing the 5.1 mixes using the stereo chapter markers (If you skipped by chapter I think you would find they didn't match up right).

Any chance you used the players "audio" button to switch audio streams instead of using the colored buttons as indicated on the on-screen menus? I think you have to use the on-screen menus to get it to load the correct chapter markers.

OK, so it sounds like your player is playing the 5.1 mixes using the stereo chapter markers (If you skipped by chapter I think you would find they didn't match up right).

Any chance you used the players "audio" button to switch audio streams instead of using the colored buttons as indicated on the on-screen menus? I think you have to use the on-screen menus to get it to load the correct chapter markers.

I used the "audio" button.

When you extract the Dolby Tru HD files via DVD Audio Extractor - it shows 12 tracks. As it turns out, track 12 is the last 51 seconds of of track 11. I was able to correct this as a flac file by merging the two tracks via Audacity - the authoring is a bit wonky -minor irritation but I love the mix and the whole package.

When you extract the Dolby Tru HD files via DVD Audio Extractor - it shows 12 tracks. As it turns out, track 12 is the last 51 seconds of of track 11. I was able to correct this as a flac file by merging the two tracks via Audacity - the authoring is a bit wonky -minor irritation but I love the mix and the whole package.

I think you will find it is more messed up than that. The "12 chapters" are the stereo chapter markers. On the stereo stream track 12 is actually silence. When you use the "12 chapters" chapter markers to extract the 5.1 mixes you will get wrong start time and track lengths for most of the tracks especially after Midnight Rider (where the stereo version is 3:00 and the 5.1 mix is 3:30).

There are 5.1 chapter markers on the disc somewhere, but DVD Audio Extractor doesn't see them, so it can not extract the 5.1 mixes properly. You'll have to find another way or concatenate them all and split them manually.

I think you will find it is more messed up than that. The "12 chapters" are the stereo chapter markers. On the stereo stream track 12 is actually silence. When you use the "12 chapters" chapter markers to extract the 5.1 mixes you will get wrong start time and track lengths for most of the tracks especially after Midnight Rider (where the stereo version is 3:00 and the 5.1 mix is 3:30).

There are 5.1 chapter markers on the disc somewhere, but DVD Audio Extractor doesn't see them, so it can not extract the 5.1 mixes properly. You'll have to find another way or concatenate them all and split them manually.

You are correct. My apologies. I'll be able to fix it on my end via Audacity - but it will take some doing

You are correct. My apologies. I'll be able to fix it on my end via Audacity - but it will take some doing

Turns out that only tracks 1 and 2 are correct - all the rest are off from 30 to 40seconds..applies to both DTS-MA and True-HD tracks

I have fixed my PCM flacs using Audiomuxer...

For some reason, the alternate mix of Midnight Rider (track 12) cuts off about a half minute before the ending of the song on the bluray disc. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just wondering if this is a firmware issue; I stopped updating my Oppo BDP-93 when they decided to remove ISO support.

Same problem with my Sony player on the alt midnight rider.

But I think I found the solution, least ways it worked last time I tried it.

-fwd fst to the last 2-3 mins. Then use your audio button on the remote to play "stereo" for the remainder of the track, let it play out and it should play to the end.Then try dts on the remote after you get back to the beginning of that track, again fwd fst to 2-3 mins.Play in dts and it should play out to the end.
Now go back to the beginning of that track and your player should (I hope) play it out completely, if not try again of course.My Sony remembers now! That'll teach it to screw with my listening enjoyment!

I must be one of the few here who haven't encountered such goings on..! I guess never updating the FW on your BDP has its advantages sometimes! :eek:

(FW = firmware in this case of course, usually FW means you round here these days fizzywiggs..! :p Merry Xmas matey! :upthumb )

I must be one of the few here who haven't encountered such goings on..! I guess never updating the FW on your BDP has its advantages sometimes! :eek:

(FW = firmware in this case of course, usually FW means you round here these days fizzywiggs..! :p Merry Xmas matey! :upthumb )

Whatever works, Frederico...whatever it takes to play, I figure.Looks like you got it solved!

A very Merry Christmas to you!!:music

I haven't had ANY problems with that disc....and I seriously doubt that the majority of people will have any problems on just "playing" the disc...as far as "deconstructing" the content for other purposes...I can't speak to that...

Is anyone still waiting on their Allman preorder, mine says shipped Dec.3rd from Amazon.uk, the Fleetwood Mac-Tusk shipped one day later and came within 4 days, this one is still a no show.

Yes, Snood is According to tracking it says it should be here Thursday, oops now it says it arriving tomorrow hmmmmm.......... Same with Mac took only about a week. But Allman - still waiting on.......have you checked the tracking on your order? Just check your orders on Amazon UK and there should be a tracking on it.

Also Peter have you checked your Mac albums to see if you got a repeat of side 1 on side 3? Snood put up a post about it. - 2 or 3 others have the same defect so far.

Back