Authoring A DVD-Audio Multichannel 'Mix' Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filper

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'd like to make a few surround 'mix' DVD-A's from my collection.

Possible ?

What's the drill ?

You can do it, but you won't be able to play it on a DVD-A player that looks for the watermark. If you have an Oppo, or a player without the check, it's not an issue.

You can do it, but you won't be able to play it on a DVD-A player that looks for the watermark. If you have an Oppo, or a player without the check, it's not an issue.

I have an Oppo 80. Now what ?

Can we discuss it here ?

The following three steps must occur:
1) Use DVDAExplorer to extract the separate channels for the songs you choose
2) Use SurCode MLP to re-package those songs
3) Use DiscWelder Chrome to author your DVDA

Since these are all software solutions, this may be off-topic. My apologies.

I have DVDAExplorer to rip.

Are there any other software programs that will do the job ? A freeware ?

What would SurCode MLP and DiscWelder Chrome cost me ? Where could I get a copy ?

Would Audio DVD Creator not work with DVDAExplorer ?

Sorry to sound so prescriptive. Poor choice of words. Yes, there are many ways to skin that cat. I listed the way I would approach it.

Just do a google search of those programs to check for availability and cost.

I'm not familiar with Audio DVD Creator. It may work just fine for some aspects of this process. Sorry I can't help you with that.

As part of the surround wiki on www.surroundbyus.com, there is a guide on how to create a simple DVD-A with the freeware DVD Author program. i'm not an expert on DVD-A whatsoever, so I don't know if this fits the bill, but here is the link nonetheless.

http://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11

There's some good stuff on the SBU wiki which does not exclusively pertain to upmixing. Well worth checking out.

I really appreciate all of the input gang...

It $eem$ like quite an undertaking to basically make a comp of stuff I own and paid for on a 'dead' format, but I understand why.

It would have been nice to make a demo disc for the uninitiated, or a Doors 'Best Of' disc from the Box etc.

I have some 6 channel DVD-A tracks ripped to a file extension of .mlp... It was a demux rip with DVD Audio Extractor.

How do I write them to a playable mutichannel DVD-A with DVDA-Author ???

It is telling me I need to create an ISO file first ???? What is that about ???

An .iso file is virtually identical to the source disc. You can mount an .iso file or place the disc in the DVD drive to begin the process listed in post number 4.

imgburn is probably the best iso file creating program that I have come across, and it's free. I have to tell you I have never had good results trying to rip dvd-a's to another disc, and I've been at a long time, the best I've come up with is using analog connections. It is strange that the record companies finally found a virtually uncrackable copy protection scheme and they abandon it. good luck!

Back