Billy Joel - Piano Man 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (Mch SACD of Quad mix from Sony Japan)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't have my copy until the end of March as I added a bunch of Stereo SHM~SACDs to my CDJapan order and one of them [Oscar Peterson Trio/Milt Jackson] won't be released until March 27th ..... but I have learned, most admirably, the virtue of PATIENCE!
product image 1
The OTHER Piano Man!

Boy, what a great sounding Quad recording. Didn’t know anything about this one except the two hits. Loving the other songs too. And the best packaging yet from this series. Lots of unexpected stuff. Glad I went for it.
The songs on this album are addictive. Piano Man, Captain Jack, and The Ballad of Billy the Kid were all over FM radio in my late teens

Stop In Nevada, Travelin' Prayer and Somewhere Along the Line are hidden gems.

Boy, what a great sounding Quad recording. Didn’t know anything about this one except the two hits. Loving the other songs too. And the best packaging yet from this series. Lots of unexpected stuff. Glad I went for it.
Agree on the packaging. If that weighs into the overall rating then this should get some high marks.
This is by far the most stuffed (wide) one of these Japan, 7 inchers of the 8 in my collection.

@edisonbaggins should have fun unboxing this one when he gets around to covering it on LIS.

Agree on the packaging. If that weighs into the overall rating then this should get some high marks.
This is by far the most stuffed (wide) one of these Japan, 7 inchers of the 8 in my collection.

@edisonbaggins should have fun unboxing this one when he gets around to covering it on LIS.
I might do that next! DHL just arrived...

…not to mention the print quality and texture of the main cardboard.

…not to mention the print quality and texture of the main cardboard.
Without a doubt, it seems that with the last few SONY Japan QUAD SACD releases in 7" packaging they've upped the ante in terms of quality ... in no small meaure due to their superb DSD 256 [QUAD] mastering chain from the original analogue QUAD master tapes! And their pricing remains a bargain in the industry, IMO. Each release is not only a work of art physically....but for what's contained within. Love Devotion Surrender, Welcome, Super Session and now Piano Man have never sounded better!

Hopefully, a portend of THINGS TO COME!

Back