Billy Joel - Piano Man 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (Mch SACD of Quad mix from Sony Japan)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have an OPPO BDP-95/103/105 or UDP-203/205 this small app will remove DVD region restrictions (has no effect on Blu-ray region lock).
It was issued by OPPO for Australia but also works with US models.

It worked perfectly on my UDP-205.

https://archive.org/details/oppo_superdisc
Thanks hafquark. This worked for me. I turned my Oppo 103 into a region free DVD player. I'm thinking about using it on my 203 as well. I had to hunt around for a good copy of the ImgBurn and found the official ImgBurn website. And I liked the simple instructions from the Oppo website

Thanks hafquark. This worked for me. I turned my Oppo 103 into a region free DVD player. I'm thinking about using it on my 203 as well. I had to hunt around for a good copy of the ImgBurn and found the official ImgBurn website. And I liked the simple instructions from the Oppo website
Glad it helped you out. I've used ImgBurn for many years so didn't have to go looking for it :)

Wonderful, fantastic, superb, brilliant, marvelous, delightful....

My, my ain't this just the real deal.

Poll voting now ....zillions :D
So nice to hear of another winner!

I can’t help but think about how the quadraphonic formats all failed so badly in ‘75 yet the music and mixes were generally so good! There seems to be more good quad mixes than there were poor ones. And there is a substantial percentage of the mixes are real knock-outs.

I knew that quad would come back at some point. Shocking how long it took. But here we are and it’s sounding better than ever.

Mine showed up too!!! Another amazing job by CDJapan. Safely packed, shipped FAST, perfect product. Whatever it costs, it's worth it. (I ordered the DSOTM since I was paying for the shipping, even though I know it's not the original Quad Mix on there)

I can't wait to compare this to a Q8 rip and give it a try listening to it (The Billy Joel, not the DSOTM)

View attachment 102383
Hi Jon, I'm unable to find a HiRez Poll for Piano Man.

Minor warning:

Be careful not to let the cellophane wrap’s adhesive stick to the outer jacket cover. As there is no protective gloss to the cover, the adhesive will pull some of the black print coloring away, leaving you with a visually marred appearance(i.e., highly noticeable revealed areas of the white underneath the black).

Minor warning:

Be careful not to let the cellophane wrap’s adhesive stick to the outer jacket cover. As there is no protective gloss to the cover, the adhesive will pull some of the black print coloring away, leaving you with a visually marred appearance(i.e., highly noticeable revealed areas of the white underneath the black).
Yup, just happened to me. While the packaging of this overall is awesome, I wish they would have done without the sticky stuff.

So how's the content on DVD? Interesting? Or we purchase this bundle just for the SACD ? 😁 I'm curious
The video quality isn't great by today's standards. Pretty grainy video overall. The sound is pretty good though. Great to see 1970's Billy with his band at the time, including his long-time drummer Liberty Devito. It is worth watching at least once.

Fact is still nowadays in the streaming world WE do purchase too many boxes... We want standalone discs but we buy a set of hundreds CDs just for one SACD 🤭

is any company importing these discs into the UK?

Pop-up Disqs via eBay. CdJapan works out cheaper with the weak yen, particularly if you pick up a few albums and spread out the shipping cost. They collect UK vat on your behalf, so there is no import duty and associated fees to worry about. They tend to do small promos around holidays with 1000 yen off codes above a certain order value.

Minor warning:

Can you note this on the poll thread that was recently made? For anyone in the future who mongers upon the poll thread and not this thread, it's a very important thing to know. The Santana quad sets have that protective gloss finish, and it's certainly odd that this release falls short on that aspect for some indiscernible reason.

So nice to hear of another winner!

I can’t help but think about how the quadraphonic formats all failed so badly in ‘75 yet the music and mixes were generally so good! There seems to be more good quad mixes than there were poor ones. And there is a substantial percentage of the mixes are real knock-outs.

I knew that quad would come back at some point. Shocking how long it took. But here we are and it’s sounding better than ever.
I think what we've seen in the US market for 3D blu-ray will be similar. The technology wasn't great until the last year of TVs being made with both 3D and 4K, with astonishing results, but most folks never experienced what that looks like. If the manufacturers would begin production again on 3D TVs that can upscale to 4K I'm sure the format would experience a renaissance as Quad is seeing now.

Back