Chicago and Donald Fagen

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a copy! The local Media Play(s) got it in on Friday. When I called, the clerk said "No, they don't have Chicago II, but they do have Chicago I"..:rolleyes: (To his defense Chicago II does not appear on the title.) But anyway....what a great disc! It sounds really great on it's own, but yeah, if you compare it to the cd/cassette/vinyl, it sounds simply phenomenal! I think John Kellogg was the perfect choice to do the mix and I think this is his best yet. (He did "Brain Salad Surgery", "Machine Head", and the two Foreigner discs.) I used to be a huge Chicago fan, but my tastes changed to heavier stuff as their sound got lighter. I hadn't heard II in over 25 years and it was quite the experience to hear it again for the first time. Even if you hate Chicago, I would still say this is a "must buy".

Hey, just got the Chicago II DVD-A. I just wanted to add that my player shows the stereo tracks to be 24/96 and not 24/192 as advertised. This late in the game and they still can't get the info printed correctly. Argh!

:mad:

Back