Coldplay "A Head Full of Dreams" (5.1 Surround Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe this is what Scheiner's been upto lately.. :eek:

Chris Martin heard his Beyoncé visual album 5.1 mix and he liked it so much he said, "hey Elliot man, make something out of this!" :D

maybe this is what Scheiner's been upto lately.. :eek:

Chris Martin heard his Beyoncé visual album 5.1 mix and he liked it so much he said, "hey Elliot man, make something out of this!" :D

That would be VERY cool, and certainly seems like the type of high-profile act he'd be involved with. Let's hope you're right FB!

That would be VERY cool, and certainly seems like the type of high-profile act he'd be involved with. Let's hope you're right FB!

it would be, super cool.. and while no guarantee of a perfect mix just cos it's got his name on it, at least you'd know it was in safe hands and you'd not be in any danger of getting a prize-winning turkey.. but I doubt it's by the multichannel maestro, Mr. Scheiner seems to have swapped his monitoring headphones for a baseball cap these days.. and that's that.. :(

it would be, super cool.. and while no guarantee of a perfect mix just cos it's got his name on it, at least you'd know it was in safe hands and you'd not be in any danger of getting a prize-winning turkey.. but I doubt it's by the multichannel maestro, Mr. Scheiner seems to have swapped his monitoring headphones for a baseball cap these days.. and that's that.. :(

He also purportedly tamed down the Beyonce mix quite a bit from his original intent. I would not like to see a trend in stand-alone BDs from top acts go sour by being, more or less, "big stereo" releases. The Beyonce mix is better than big stereo, but it is far from aggressive and one has to wonder what that original mix was like.

He also purportedly tamed down the Beyonce mix quite a bit from his original intent. I would not like to see a trend in stand-alone BDs from top acts go sour by being, more or less, "big stereo" releases. The Beyonce mix is better than big stereo, but it is far from aggressive and one has to wonder what that original mix was like.

oh yes, I'd forgotten that :eek:

oh well, let's hope whoever did this Coldplay 5.1, they aren't afraid to spread the instruments and musical elements around the surround soundfield and that if so they weren't leant on by a committee of suits that made them revise (ruin) their original active & immersive surround mix..

its so much easier when these labels reissue old Quads, you know for sure if you're in for shit surround or not in advance.. :D

Well I have a Coldplay album (I'm away so not sure which one) and I can't remember when I last played it! So not on my list of favourite bands, but I'll probably buy it when its released in the UK as its a new 5.1 BD-A.

Well I have a Coldplay album (I'm away so not sure which one) and I can't remember when I last played it! So not on my list of favourite bands, but I'll probably buy it when its released in the UK as its a new 5.1 BD-A.

could be Parachutes..? the world and his wife seemingly bought that (in the end, it did good biz in our country fairly rapidly iirc?).. one of those slow burn jobs I think, that ended up on all self-respecting households' CD players everywhere (and in many elevators as BGM, no doubt..)

Snood not a Coldplay fan, only have one song by them, maybe 2...........

But put out a stand alone bluray in 5.1 of a highly popular band and album then sell it for 14 plus bux.........

Snood listened to some of the tracks on Urtube.....very poppy but a lot going on. If done right/competently this could be a very impressive mix.

It would be great if this were to start a trend ........ Ya wonder where Coldplay or their management, came up with the idea. Are they closet Surround fans? Or is this the beginning of an early Dualdisc/DVD-A like test market? If this is a test, then Snood wanna get on board, especially at this low price. This is kind of what we have been asking for with stand alone 5.1 blurays without all the schmaltz and high price found in a box set.

Granted it not the most tantalizing release to some (Snood included) but it is high gloss release from a still artistically potent band that sold 1.9 million units worldwide of this release.

Someone had to put the 5.1 bug in their ear and Snood thinks that is pretty damn koooooooo :5.1banana:

Snood not a Coldplay fan, only have one song by them, maybe 2...........

But put out a stand alone bluray in 5.1 of a highly popular band and album then sell it for 14 plus bux.........

Snood listened to some of the tracks on Urtube.....very poppy but a lot going on. If done right/competently this could be a very impressive mix.

It would be great if this were to start a trend ........ Ya wonder where Coldplay or their management, came up with the idea. Are they closet Surround fans? Or is this the beginning of an early Dualdisc/DVD-A like test market? If this is a test, then Snood wanna get on board, especially at this low price. This is kind of what we have been asking for with stand alone 5.1 blurays without all the schmaltz and high price found in a box set.

Granted it not the most tantalizing release to some (Snood included) but it is high gloss release from a still artistically potent band that sold 1.9 million units worldwide of this release.

Someone had to put the 5.1 bug in their ear and Snood thinks that is pretty damn koooooooo :5.1banana:

Very wise words there :)
I wonder who it was who turned them onto Surround.. it may either be a label driven initiative towards standalone 5.1 BD-A's of big name current artists, or the will of the band or their producer or management (or someone else v.high up in the Coldplay food chain) I think, maybe..?

Just.. Maybe.. (I know, getting ahead of meself as usual) they'll go back and do the rest of Coldplays' back catalogue in Surround..? Stranger things have happened..

Might well be - so it'll be handy to listen to in a few years when I eventually get an OAP elevator fitted! :ugham:

could be Parachutes..? the world and his wife seemingly bought that (in the end, it did good biz in our country fairly rapidly iirc?).. one of those slow burn jobs I think, that ended up on all self-respecting households' CD players everywhere (and in many elevators as BGM, no doubt..)

Good lord - I feel so bad that I cannot even care about this. Does someone need to wake me up? Are they good?

Gos, put a smile upon your face..

..and pre-order! :D

..come on.. what's stopping you! ;)

after all, it's a standalone 5.1, not stuffed in with a miniature version of Chris' upright (piano) or a copy of Gwyneth's latest movie (are they still consciously uncoupled? I've been with a few people I'd like to have rendered unconscious but that's another story.. Oh.. and best of all, no scarves, replica concert tickets for the Shepherd's Bush Empire.. and nooooo marbles!

Hooray..!!! :D

I'm really happy for everyone here who like this album. I've tried many times, but this new direction of theirs just isn't for me.
They lost me at Mylo Xyloto, which I found to be unambitious and safe. Contrast this with Viva La Vida, which was ambitious and somewhat successful in those ambitions, to me. In fact, up to that point, each of their albums had been quite enjoyable. X&Y is my favorite.

Last edited:
Good lord - I feel so bad that I cannot even care about this. Does someone need to wake me up? Are they good?

This album was released in stereo in late 2015 so you can listen to its tracks on YouTube and decide if you'd like to have it in surround.

Just listened on Tidal. Pleasant enough pop rock with EDM flourishes. I'm beginning to reach critical mass with my surround collection - inconspicuous consumption is becoming an issue. Still might pull the trigger - oh what the hell...

This is a bizarre release.
How come you can't find any promotion of any kind for this release.
You would think there would be at least some kind of hype as its another release of same album within a year but now in surround.
Any one got any idea who mixed this in surround?

They lost me at Mylo Xyloto, which I found to be unambitious and safe. Contrast this with Viva La Vida, which was ambitious and somewhat successful in those ambitions, to me. In fact, up to that point, each of their albums had been quite enjoyable. X&Y is my favorite.

I'd agree with the above. Also, I was never a fan of the recorded sound of Coldplay. All their albums sound somewhat off to me. Hopefully that will change here.

Back