Coldplay "A Head Full of Dreams" (5.1 Surround Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very wise words there :)
I wonder who it was who turned them onto Surround.. it may either be a label driven initiative towards standalone 5.1 BD-A's of big name current artists, or the will of the band or their producer or management (or someone else v.high up in the Coldplay food chain) I think, maybe..?

Just.. Maybe.. (I know, getting ahead of meself as usual) they'll go back and do the rest of Coldplays' back catalogue in Surround..? Stranger things have happened..
:music We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do :music

If I recall correctly this is the 2nd only release of a somewhat newish album from a mainstream artist. (Tom Petty's- Hypnotic Eye springs to mind). If we cannot get excited by this, then God help us as we've all become a pack of whingers.:yikes

I wish they would do this with their earlier albums...I really do not appreciate their pop-y new style :( Hope it is a good mix for those of you that do like this album :)

I wish they would do this with their earlier albums...I really do not appreciate their pop-y new style :( Hope it is a good mix for those of you that do like this album :)

Perhaps they will if sales of the BD~A 5.1 are respectable. I pre~ordered it from ImportCD. I also was a fan of their earlier albums and am really not familiar with their current output.

I loved their "Game of Thrones" musical:

[video=youtube;zs7xO5P3Az4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7xO5P3Az4[/video]

What do we know about Michael Brauer? He seems to have done a lot of mixing that includes Coldplay and he lists some DTS 5.1 mixes in his large discography. Most of them seem to be live discs though and he has only done one album this year. Did he do Blonde on Blonde? That scores a respectable 8.45 on the poll.

This is a bizarre release.
How come you can't find any promotion of any kind for this release.
You would think there would be at least some kind of hype as its another release of same album within a year but now in surround.
Any one got any idea who mixed this in surround?

Agree, Viva La Vida is a minor masterpiece to me, but the stuff that followed pales in comparision. I will however buy this to support the format!

Last edited:
Ah, so they are British band...didn't know that. Just listened to some of their music. I recognize the song Yellow, course that's from year's ago.

Ah, so they are British band...didn't know that. Just listened to some of their music. I recognize the song Yellow, course that's from year's ago.

You would recognize tracks from Viva la Vida I'm sure. One such track was used extensively in i-tunes commercials of the time.

I'm not a massive fan, but my kids love this video for a single off this album, which is kinda catchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtXby3twMmI

If I recall correctly this is the 2nd only release of a somewhat newish album from a mainstream artist. (Tom Petty's- Hypnotic Eye springs to mind). If we cannot get excited by this, then God help us as we've all become a pack of whingers.:yikes

Well, there was Mando Diao - Aelita...

Was going to add the Bullmoose $14.97 pricing but I see this was already known. Did get it for $7.49 using some Bullmoose points! (a great reason to buy from them)

Petty's latest (Mojo) also received the BD-A treatment.

Well, there was Mando Diao - Aelita...

Sorry, might be totally ignorant, but i've never heard of them... Coldplay i'd imagine popularity wise are in a totally different league. If we want surround to be embraced by the masses then this is the path forward. ( Wouldn't be my album of choice though. But given proximity of release, makes sense to me as a lead in to other albums.) in other words please strategically buy and hope it's great!

This is silly, i know.... But can someone post a link for pre-ordering?? Can't seem to find the disc and the link st the beginning of the thread just takes me at Amazon's front page...! Thank u!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back