David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sparring partner always seems to add something to the music, so thinking Gilmour/Waters, Jagger/Richards & Lennon/McCartney. So perhaps we inherently set the bar too high? I actually like most of the album, but I can see why some people don't. Maybe we all, listeners & musicians alike, lose that spark as we age. I do find it harder to be wowed now than all those decades ago when I was 14-15. I still haven't listened to the album enough to vote on the music content, but sound quality/production and the surround mix are going to get high marks.

Oh, the mix is spectacular, Andy is a MONSTER!!!! It's just the CONTENTS that I don't like....I'm sure Dave worked on this quite a bit , but he needs a "reality check", that's why having other people like Rick and Nick around was good...they would have told him...sorry, boring....VERY boring...
And on top of that, all the payola (hey , Dave has the dough, HE can afford it) is a bit too much for me..
It reminds me of the movies nowadays..the more "rave reviews" it has on the poster or trailer , the worse it is...REALLY good movies don't NEED the "reviews"...
I don't hate it as much as you do. I like it much more than Endless River. I set the bar pretty low after listening to that. It relaxes me but doesn't bore me...

Sent from my E2281 using Tapatalk

Back