Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petition Time

Can we please have George Harrisons 'All Things Must Pass' in surround, please, please...pretty please.

By the way, did I say how good this Deluxe Box Set is?

If ever there was a classic album that needed more room to breathe, this is it. All of the Spectorism layering needs to be lifted apart so the songs can come out from under the wall of sound. This would be up to Dhani and Olivia.

Maybe this box will set the precedent. It sure blows those expensive McCartney boxes out of the water, especially when both BOTR and V&M didn't even bother to include the quad mixes, which would have been great to get on a BluRay in HiRez.

The book is awesome. I was checking it out while waiting for MakeMKV. Thankfully they got the Quad info correct and showed the proper graphics. The McCartney BOTR deluxe Book/Box not only did not include the quad mix, they showed a picture of the STEREO 8 track and labeled it as the Quad version. What a joke.

This Imagine box not only talks about the original quad mix, they show the Quad Masters, a Billboard Ad referencing the quad tape, the first release green Apple US Q8, and the SQ LP label. Now that's another +1 for this set. Good job Yoko!

Imagine Book.jpg

The other cool thing about most of all the different iterations of Imagine on this set...John's vocals are pin point center and I don't think any of us have heard such crisp vocals from this title. It's fun to focus your ears on his vocals as there is more going on than I knew. And, that's a good thing. :)

HOLY SHIT!!! This set is awesome. How it should be done. The RAW 5.1 mixes are stunning (thanks Silverline), I mean there's drums in the left rear, bass in the right rear, John in the center, Keyboard in the right front, guitar in the left front. WOW!

Wait until you hear "Crippled Inside"!!! A surround spectacular!!

For those ready to rip, here's the lowdown on Disc 2. That's all I've done, and I have to go out so that will be it for today, but holy crap, this thing is a winner - and I haven't even gotten to Disc 1 yet!

MKV Imagine.jpg

I keep hitting a snag trying to rip blu 2. It crashes on song 2....every...single...time.....says there is an invalid character....which there isn't. AT least, not visibly. Trying MakeMKV now...which I don't prefer because it takes a LOT Longer and I'm not as good using it.

I'm finding ALL the discs are giving trouble in that regard. Multiple computers, multiple programs, multiple drives. Hopefully none of the alleged errors are actually audible.

I'm finding ALL the discs are giving trouble in that regard. Multiple computers, multiple programs, multiple drives. Hopefully none of the alleged errors are actually audible.

Errors, or software attempts to prevent digitization? <puts on tin foil hat>

For the record, faithful customer of Amazon US that I am, mine still hasn't shipped :mad:

Well - since my complaint.....I have found that MakeMKV up front works flawlessly with all discs. It's just that I don't normally use that...but I can make it work....and I have. :)

Errors, or software attempts to prevent digitization? <puts on tin foil hat>

Hard to say. EAC reports sync errors and suspicious positions on multiple tracks. MakeMKV reported some kind of error on both discs that it said it would try to work around. I should have written it down so I could repeat it more accurately.

Having said that, it looks like enough people have already ripped the CDs using CueRipper that CueTools can repair at least some of tracks.

Wow, I only brought the combined blu-ray of Imagine and Gimme Some Truth because this is not a desert island disc for me. Regretting that a little bit now for the Raw Studio Mixes.

[EDIT] Mailman just dropped it off. Doing the Turn and Burn right now.

Last edited:
Well - since my complaint.....I have found that MakeMKV up front works flawlessly with all discs. It's just that I don't normally use that...but I can make it work....and I have. :)
Yeah... I usually try DVDAE first (mostly because you can import the metadata), and only use makemkv when DVDAE doesn’t work (I try to avoid typing in all that info whenever possible!)

When I ripped Disc 2, MKV did report two errors that it said it would try and work around. Apparently it did, because I have found no defects in the 5.1 audio so far. Maybe the defects are in the non-surround files on the disc, but who cares? Really, I think MakeMKV actually did work around those misreads, as they showed once and that was it. When there is a real issue with a misread, it usually will report over and over again until it gives up.

Back