Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose you could if the timings were correct. You could make a 7.1 mix!
Need to add a couple of speakers to my set up for that :) But those mixes are so discrete, one could bring in each channel and remix the whole thing. I'd love to hear the strings in the back, myself. Timings wise it sounds like the raw studio mixes are very close to the final product, John's vocals are the biggest and sometimes only major difference. Quite amazing, actually, how close they sound to the final album.

I think I'll just have to give this a try :)

Here's the breakdown on Disc 1 via MakeMKV:

Disc One MKV.jpg

Last edited:
It is clear there is NO 5.1 for t01, which is the "Imagine, the Out-Takes", as indicated in the packaging. This is a bit depressing, especially if it's a pressing error. If it's a printing error, well, I guess that's OK. Disc 2 has 5.1 out-takes.

The Easter Egg section is really bizarre! It's section t03, and what's there is a no-vocal track of the new 5.1 mix of "Imagine", but it's in the wav file TWICE, and it's also segmented on the disc TWICE, so it's actually there 4 times!

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O.o_O

Imagine 4 times.jpg

I'm not convinced that the Outtakes in stereo on BR1 exist in 5.1 on BR2. The Outtakes on BR2 don't match up with the songs and takes on BR1, at least not on my copy of BR2. I haven't popped the BR in my OPPO player yet but it doesn't show up in the files that I've checked out to rip on my BR drive. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

You are right. I found the same thing.

Well it looks like it's more of a typo than a missing element on the bluray, as the screen itself has no selection for a 5.1 audio track:

I did my best to point this out Friday evening (#406).
By #424 the consensus was a typo, here and on shf.tv.
But you rippers kindly carry on and keep up the good work hunting for Easter eggs. :phones :hi

death-heaven-pearly_gate-afterlives-saints-easter_time-mgrn223_low.jpg

But you rippers kindly carry on and keep up the good work hunting for Easter eggs. :phones:hi

As usual, you guys are way ahead of me! :(

Good job.

This thread has turned into a monster and I must have missed or forgotten your post.
Oh well.

Well it looks like it's more of a typo than a missing element on the bluray, as the screen itself has no selection for a 5.1 audio track:View attachment 35844
Is there a set of outtakes that do not appear in 5.1 as promised? Or is it that they appear in full (and in 5.1) but on another disc? Or is it another (different) set of outtakes appear on disc 2 in 5.1Or is it a 5.1 button is missing but you can still cue them up to play in 5.1 with your remote control?

I lost the continuity here obviously. It appears something is missing because when it appears on different disc, it's different tunes? Am I reading this correctly.

This is all besides the track after "I Don't Want to be a Soldier" skips a number. And a paragraph in the book is repeated twice.

General question about MakeMKV: is there a way to preview the content of a .m2ts file and/or convert certain chapters to a .mkv?

Sometimes I only want to rip a particular chapter so it would save quite a bit of time.

Last edited:
Is there a set of outtakes that do not appear in 5.1 as promised?

Let's try again.
The box set track list for blu-ray disc 1 Imagine Out-takes is a typo, a mistake in printing the cover.
They were never "promised."
They don't exist on the disc, in plain sight or hidden or un-lockable with a magic key from Pepperland.

It was pointed out on shf.tv that the web site listing states stereo only for these tracks.
http://imaginejohnyoko.com

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 8.08.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 8.13.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 8.12.29 AM.png

When I ripped Disc 2, MKV did report two errors that it said it would try and work around. Apparently it did, because I have found no defects in the 5.1 audio so far. Maybe the defects are in the non-surround files on the disc, but who cares? Really, I think MakeMKV actually did work around those misreads, as they showed once and that was it. When there is a real issue with a misread, it usually will report over and over again until it gives up.

Yes! I got two instances each of that message on both discs, but I think the files are OK.

Also finally got clean reads of all CD tracks save 1, which CueTools (black magic!) was able to repair.

But you rippers kindly carry on and keep up the good work hunting for Easter eggs. :phones:hi

I did see your post but then two other people subsequently posted that the files actually existed on the second Blu ray disc. I then checked the second disc and determined that the files did not exist on disc 2. On Saturday I successfully ripped both discs using DVDPasskey and DVD Audio Extractor(and the CDs using dbpoweramp). I now have so many files to listen that I’m not concerned with Easter eggs. That’s just me and it’s not a knock against anyone actively searching for them.

The excellent book accompanying the deluxe box set is 120 pages long. Interestingly, there is a 320 page “standard” hardcover edition shipping from Amazon on November 18. Further, there is a limited edition 2000 copies) deluxe hardcover edition with 496 pages shipping from Amazon on the same day and listed for the same price($150). Lastly, the same 496 page edition in limited release(300 copies, signed by Yoko) has sold out on Amazon.

I listened to the BD-2 Raw Studio 5.1 mixes today, they are really good, and as it, and the performances, are not as 'polished' it sounds much 'fresher' overall to me. I prefer it. You feel like you're sitting in the middle of the recording session. The only thing I had difficulty with is the drums coming more or less only out of the rear left channel, for some reason drums mixed like that put me on edge, no rhyme or reason (or should that be rhythm & reason!) for that. The 5.1 mix on BD-1 is immersive, there is nothing wrong with it, but to me it has probably not as good a sound quality as the raw mixes, well to my 60 (soon to be 61!) year old ears. I expect I'll listen to the Raw mixes more than the polished. Having said all that I think this is one of the best Super Deluxe Sets out there, having an excellent and informative book is really nice, plus all the mixes on Blu-Ray & CD, and the vast range of track choices all for £61.79 (which is still quite a bit, but less than say the Led Zeps with no surround).

Back