Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not convinced that the Outtakes in stereo on BR1 exist in 5.1 on BR2. The Outtakes on BR2 don't match up with the songs and takes on BR1, at least not on my copy of BR2. I haven't popped the BR in my OPPO player yet but it doesn't show up in the files that I've checked out to rip on my BR drive. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

Polls are up!

THIS ONE is for the "Imagine" box set. It's an all-encompassing poll for all content on both Blu-Ray Audio discs, so I would advise you listen to everything before giving it a vote, although I think I already know what my vote will be after a quick preview listen... :)

THIS POLL is for the "Imagine & Gimme Some Truth" Blu-ray Disc.

Please only vote and/or comment in the poll threads if you actually own the releases.

Get to it, peeps!

:)

Maybe this box will set the precedent. It sure blows those expensive McCartney boxes out of the water, especially when both BOTR and V&M didn't even bother to include the quad mixes, which would have been great to get on a BluRay in HiRez.

We should have at least gotten the Quadraphonic mixes on the DVD-V disc in DTS 96/24 quality, or they could have stuck them in the download folder too. Either way, it's too bad that surround sound has been absent from all of the McCartney Archive Collection reissues.
We also should have gotten a surround mix on "Tug of War" since they were already remixing the album in stereo.

I used to think McCartney was leading the way, cause his "McCartney Years" DVD collection had the best surround mixes of any Beatles-related release, plus none of the other Beatles (or Beatles' estates) were putting together releases like his Archive Collection series.
However, Yoko & John have now bested Paul with this "Imagine" box set, so I tip my hats to both of them and can only hope that they will at least do the same for "Mind Games" & "Walls & Bridges"

Got a few "work around" errors with disc one as well. No big deal, I think:

MKV Imagine1.jpg

Ok, I'm finally back into the groove and bought this just now. I found Amazon worked in this instance:
Total Before Tax: $75.47
Tax: $6.60
Order Total: $82.07
Free shipping.

I just really wanted the original Quadraphonic mix. Any more surround will be a bonus!
Looking forward to the Christmas song in 5.1. I still have the original green vinyl 45 picture sleeve record. Still have my Quadraphonic Q8, and SQ record, which was a hard to get Quad album at the time.

We should have at least gotten the Quadraphonic mixes on the DVD-V disc in DTS 96/24 quality, or they could have stuck them in the download folder too. Either way, it's too bad that surround sound has been absent from all of the McCartney Archive Collection reissues.
We also should have gotten a surround mix on "Tug of War" since they were already remixing the album in stereo.

I used to think McCartney was leading the way, cause his "McCartney Years" DVD collection had the best surround mixes of any Beatles-related release, plus none of the other Beatles (or Beatles' estates) were putting together releases like his Archive Collection series.
However, Yoko & John have now bested Paul with this "Imagine" box set, so I tip my hats to both of them and can only hope that they will at least do the same for "Mind Games" & "Walls & Bridges"

Paul, and George's estate are not going to sit back and be outclassed again by John's Super Deluxe set with In-The-Studio surround all over this set. You just know that something will be coming from them in surround, and soon.

I like that as artists are doing fresh mixes in 5.1, they often will give us original quad as well.

Surround has finally become chic - included as crown jewels in the big boxes!!!

.......I just really wanted the original Quadraphonic mix. Any more surround will be a bonus!
Looking forward to the Christmas song in 5.1. I still have the original green vinyl 45 picture sleeve record. Still have my Quadraphonic Q8, and SQ record, which was a hard to get Quad album at the time.

Get ready for a BIG BONUS Jim! :SB

I'm not convinced that the Outtakes in stereo on BR1 exist in 5.1 on BR2. The Outtakes on BR2 don't match up with the songs and takes on BR1, at least not on my copy of BR2. I haven't popped the BR in my OPPO player yet but it doesn't show up in the files that I've checked out to rip on my BR drive. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.
You are correct. I mean, at least what they say is on blu1 isn't exactly right. The 16 out-takes that say 5.1 and stereo...I only see stereo. At least with DVD-Audio Extractor. I'll go ahead and try MakeMKV to see if they magically appear...but I don't know. On the other hand....

You are correct. I mean, at least what they say is on blu1 isn't exactly right. The 16 out-takes that say 5.1 and stereo...I only see stereo. At least with DVD-Audio Extractor. I'll go ahead and try MakeMKV to see if they magically appear...but I don't know. On the other hand....
Thanks GOS. As I said, I would to be proven wrong.

Notice the selection with 17 tracks...that is the Out-takes that is listed in blu1. So...bummer...the box lists it as having both 5.1 and stereo...which either the disc is flawed...or it simply is a typo on the box. I think that is a critical thing to find out. Because if the 5.1 is supposed to be there...I want it.

1538919784247.png

Paul, and George's estate are not going to sit back and be outclassed again by John's Super Deluxe set with In-The-Studio surround all over this set. You just know that something will be coming from them in surround, and soon.

I like that as artists are doing fresh mixes in 5.1, they often will give us original quad as well.

Surround has finally become chic - included as crown jewels in the big boxes!!!

Maybe Olivia & Dhani will see fit to do the same thing with George's "All Things Must Pass" in 2020 for its 50th anniversary but after 10 deluxe editions with no surround sound content, I've given up on Paul's Archive Collection series.

Maybe Olivia & Dhani will see fit to do the same thing with George's "All Things Must Pass" in 2020 for its 50th anniversary but after 10 deluxe editions with no surround sound content, I've given up on Paul's Archive Collection series.
I didn’t purchase any of those sets. I’m still waiting for the true super deluxe box editions to come out with a surround mix even if I have to wait 10-15 years. That’s if I have that much life left in me.

I didn’t purchase any of those sets. I’m still waiting for the true super deluxe box editions to come out with a surround mix even if I have to wait 10-15 years. That’s if I have that much life left in me.

I purchased "McCartney" "RAM" and "Band on the Run" but I didn't purchase any of the others.

Looking at what I just posted....what the heck is that selection with "1 chapter"??????? The mystery thickens...I better get to ripping this to see what it is...maybe it's an easter egg? :SG
There are 2 Easter eggs in the deluxe set. One is an instrumental version of Imagine. I think 1 egg per BDA. My set doesn’t arrive until Tuesday, so I don’t know if the Easter eggs are 2.0 or 5.1 :(

For those waiting for their discs, or on the fence, here is a 1 minute segment of Take 2 of Crippled Inside. If this does not convince you, then this box is not for you. (I understand that one minute samples are OK with regard to sharing, etc/ That's why it ends abruptly at 1 minute)

This is a 50 Mb 24/48 6CH wav file. Right Click and SAVE AS

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/miscstuff/CrippledInsideSample.wav

Looking at what I just posted....what the heck is that selection with "1 chapter"??????? The mystery thickens...I better get to ripping this to see what it is...maybe it's an easter egg? :SG

These are the Easter Eggs on Disc 2. Strings only on "Jealous Guy", and strings only on "Jealous Guy". I am not sure what the deal is, but both of these Easter Eggs are Jealous Guy strings. Maybe there is a mastering error, as I was told the second one should be the strings on "Imagine", but the strings on "Imagine" are already available in the Elements Mix section.

Easter Eggs.jpg

Last edited:
Back