DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A relatively new release I think....... but has anyone sampled the Wings "Rock Show" DVD? I see it listed at elusivedisc with "Restored and remastered sound- including 5.1 Mix", most likely the typical 'concert' surround mix, but one can never tell....anyone? John

A relatively new release I think....... but has anyone sampled the Wings "Rock Show" DVD? I see it listed at elusivedisc with "Restored and remastered sound- including 5.1 Mix", most likely the typical 'concert' surround mix, but one can never tell....anyone? John

You can read about the BD release here (same mix)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?17533-McCartney-s-quot-Rockshow-quot-to-be-released-on-BD-in-June-2013&highlight=rockshow

FWIW - it's pretty good

I finally got round to listening to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds "Abattoir Blues/The Lyre Of Orpheus, 2CD/DVD-V", in 5.1 DTS, and wow what a double album. I was probably in the right mood as he can be a bit down, (I'd never heard it before) but I found it really good both musically and the 5.1 mix was good as well, well spread out. Also, once you'd selected 5.1 DTS for Abattoir Blues, selecting The Lyre Of Orpheus played in DTS as well, I'd expected it not to.

RPWL - Wanted , good stuff :)

SSA43949.JPG

Orbital - The Altogether
SSA43946.JPG

I finally got round to listening to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds "Abattoir Blues/The Lyre Of Orpheus, 2CD/DVD-V", in 5.1 DTS, and wow what a double album. I was probably in the right mood as he can be a bit down, (I'd never heard it before) but I found it really good both musically and the 5.1 mix was good as well, well spread out. Also, once you'd selected 5.1 DTS for Abattoir Blues, selecting The Lyre Of Orpheus played in DTS as well, I'd expected it not to.

Is there a region code for this album?

The Resistance - Muse (Limited Edition Box Set including 5.1 mix of album on DTS DVD-V).

:banana:

And it actually had the 5.1 mix in it?
Lucky, lucky man. I went to a record fair who had 4 copies, and not one had the 5.1 included.....sob.
I would buy in a heartbeat if I could only be sure it was there

And it actually had the 5.1 mix in it?
Lucky, lucky man. I went to a record fair who had 4 copies, and not one had the 5.1 included.....sob.
I would buy in a heartbeat if I could only be sure it was there

yes! a lovely Christmas present to myself! a UK seller (I think be was a Muse collector) had two of the box sets up on eBay last year, both described clearly as having the 5.1, one sealed and the other open but like new and complete.. I'd had my eye on both listings for a while and nobody bit which surprised me.. having tried and gone thru loads of copies of this searching in vain for the 5.1 just like you, I thought sod it and went for the cheaper open box option. Shame its compressed and 'only' DTS because the mix has its moments. Still, v.happy to have it at last!

Surrounded - Björk (7 x 5.1 DTS DVD-V DualDisc Box Set).

(..finally got it for a decent price without the scrubbed out upc/barcode... at last!!):wave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 172
Back