ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Importcds lists A 3CD Sbme/Razor & Tie ELP Catalog number 833472 and a 2CD + DVD audio EU import from Sony catalog number 88691937972.

Do they both contain the DVDA?

Anyone know?

From what I have seen on here the first two releases are 3 disc sets, 2 cd's and one DVD.. the DVD is DVD-audio HI-REZ.
What we will get after the first two releases may depend on the sales of the first two. Someone on here knows what is coming but I guess we can't get them to commit yet until the numbers are in.

Well, I still prefer Trilogy as their overall best album...
And yes, PAAE is an excellent recording, I have the MFSL LP and it sounds crystal clear...

Can't wait for Trilogy on DVD-A....

So have you all heard ELP perform the title track Trilogy LIVE? Keith had told me years ago that ELP performed it early in 1972, he said maybe in Germany, but they did not like the way it came off live so they dropped it from their set...by the time I saw them for my fifth time in August, 72, they only played the Sheriff and Endless Enigma from that album. I had already seen them play Hoedown in 1971 and Abaddons Bolero using a tape backing track in April 72 before the Trilogy album was released.

Importcds lists A 3CD Sbme/Razor & Tie ELP Catalog number 833472 and a 2CD + DVD audio EU import from Sony catalog number 88691937972.

Do they both contain the DVDA?

Anyone know?

I cannot be certain, but would suspect so as we delivered 2 sets of Masters.
The DVD-A/V disc is NTSC, all regions, so if it is on import then this should not present any difficulties.

I cannot be certain, but would suspect so as we delivered 2 sets of Masters.
The DVD-A/V disc is NTSC, all regions, so if it is on import then this should not present any difficulties.

So Neil, you are saying that it is possible these releases may be released as DVD-V by some distributors? The DTS discs had actually already been pressed?

I preordered mine from amazon.co.uk, and they also have two listings now. Take Tarkus as an example:

One is the original listing with an August 27th release date:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarkus-Lake-Palmer-Emerson/dp/B007Q4Y9HS/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344373838&sr=1-1

The other is a Razor and Tie release and it has a Sept 11th release date, and is 3x the price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarkus-Emerson-Lake-Palmer/dp/B008FPZQRO/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344374219&sr=1-3

Are these the same? Are they both going to be DVD-A?

I preordered mine from amazon.co.uk, and they also have two listings now. Take Tarkus as an example:

One is the original listing with an August 27th release date:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarkus-Lake-Palmer-Emerson/dp/B007Q4Y9HS/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344373838&sr=1-1

The other is a Razor and Tie release and it has a Sept 11th release date, and is 3x the price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarkus-Emerson-Lake-Palmer/dp/B008FPZQRO/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344374219&sr=1-3

Are these the same? Are they both going to be DVD-A?
The Aug 27 releases look like the right ones. The label listing says Sony Music CMG. Check tkis link:
http://www.legacyrecordings.co.uk/news/2012-07-25/emerson-lake-and-palmer-to-reissue-seminal-albums
And SW's own message on the QQ forum Articles page states that the deal is with Sony. $14 vs $45 (in real cdn dollars). Ouch!

for now i just stuck with amazon.ca as it doesn't make much sense to save few bucks on purchase
and after all pay tax, custom duty and postal delivery here locally. anyway price slowly but surely
moving down. till september it could be $20 or less which is reasonable enough for me

for now i just stuck with amazon.ca as it doesn't make much sense to save few bucks on purchase
and after all pay tax, custom duty and postal delivery here locally. anyway price slowly but surely
moving down. till september it could be $20 or less which is reasonable enough for me

$14.99 -on WOWHD.ca don't know if you have to pay tax on top though.... says free shipping....

Here is the link for Tarkus:
http://www.wowhd.ca/CD/emerson-lake-palmer-tarkus/dp/30298965#bc=4747

I placed my pre-order with amazon.co.uk back at the end of June. I don't think amazon.ca had a listing at that time. I am going to stick with amazon.co.uk for now. We'll see if I finally get stung with duty and taxes. Hasn't happened yet :)

Although wowhd.ca is tempting at that price. However, I tried to order with them once before with no luck because they only accept Visa, and I only have Mastercard and AMEX. They don't take paypal either. Strange.

LizardKing thanks for your good intent, i'm really appreciate the people, who loves to help others.
but i think amazon price will be in same range till release date. even if not so, oh well, extra 10 bucks
which is equal to one pack of smokes, anyway will not prevent my inevitable future bankruptcy :)
as for the taxes, local isn't bad. in AB we're paying just federal (GST) which is 5%
other provinces on top of GST have local provincial tax PST which varying between provinces.

Hasn't happened yet :)
could be Ottawa folks has special love from custom Canada :)

I placed my pre-order with amazon.co.uk back at the end of June. I don't think amazon.ca had a listing at that time. I am going to stick with amazon.co.uk for now. We'll see if I finally get stung with duty and taxes. Hasn't happened yet :)

Although wowhd.ca is tempting at that price. However, I tried to order with them once before with no luck because they only accept Visa, and I only have Mastercard and AMEX. They don't take paypal either. Strange.

I use Mastercard with WowHD NZ... no issues...& I got my Grace for Drowning blu-ray from them really quick....

Placed my order on HMV ( they tend to post early, so could receive them on the 25th, but no chance of receiving on 27th...it's a Bank Holiday. )
Just waiting for my first ever DVD A player !! Getting into DVD A too late ! LOL TYPICAL ! ( only a budget Pioneer BDP 440...hope it will be ok ! ?? )
Already bought 6 discs. ( a small fortune already ! ) Eagerly awaiting MR POSTMAN !!

Placed my order on HMV ( they tend to post early, so could receive them on the 25th, but no chance of receiving on 27th...it's a Bank Holiday. )
Just waiting for my first ever DVD A player !! Getting into DVD A too late ! LOL TYPICAL ! ( only a budget Pioneer BDP 440...hope it will be ok ! ?? )
Already bought 6 discs. ( a small fortune already ! ) Eagerly awaiting MR POSTMAN !!

The Pioneer BDP-440 looks like it will do a fine job. Does SACD and DSD which is pretty cool. That is NOT a budget player. Looks good to me. There is an upgrade chip available for $40 making it a region free player.
What receiver are you using?

Does anyone know if the upcoming ELP releases on vinyl are from Steven's new stereo mixes or are they just re-issuing the original mixes again on 180g vinyl?

Back