Future Quadio releases?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed from this other thread Liberty / UA ( United Artists) / Blue Note - quad info/history that Eldorado was prepared for Quad back in the day but never released. :mad: This is is the first that I ever heard of it, as I was only previously aware the debut album came out in quad.

It was a missed opportunity for the recent SACD not to have this but I understand that MoFi only do stereo.

Both the first ELO and The second album were prepared for quad , in fact 2 of the tracks are available in SQ quad matrix on the Early Years cd issued in 2004.

Eldorado was a Q8 listing in the Schwann Catalogue..mid 70's , in addition...the ELO fan website face the music , has a nice website page explaining which ELO albums were quad mixed , including Eldorado.(for some reason On The Third Day was overlooked)

Now back to Rhino quad requests ;

@ForagingRhino
Again , please try and obtain the European quads on WEA .
These three are incredible quad mixes....and musical wonders..

Absolute Elsewhere-In Search Of Ancient Gods
Passport - Handmade
Deaf School - Second Honeymoon

To a lesser extent :
Fats Domino - Live Montreux
Ralph McTell -Right Side Up

🤩

Redbone had two albums released in quad, Message From A Drum and Beaded Dreams Through Turquoise
They were on the Epic label.
Are these possibilities for Rhino?
Or DV? I can't figure out the label ownership transactions .
Somebody just release these please.

Redbone had two albums released in quad, Message From A Drum and Beaded Dreams Through Turquoise
If they happen at all, it would be on Sony/Japan or Dutton/Vocalion.

I liked the rain too quiksrt. We took in the neighborhood cat so he could stay dry for a couple of days.
Once upon a time I dreamed of girls. Now its records. Or was it always....
Yesterday was quite overcast, today is the first day or that pure blue sky sunshine clarity. I'm going out now to grab some vitamin D and on to the gym for a good workout.

Hope the cat felt the love and concern, they usually know a good thing when the see and feel it.

If they happen at all, it would be on Sony/Japan or Dutton/Vocalion.
Sony Japan 7" series SACD would not touch Redbone.

But DV does seem to like things like this. But the big hit "Come and Get Your Love" does not appear on either of the two quad mixed albums. That seems to help get a DV reissue when there is quad, and a hit (Argent, Chase, etc.). Chances look slim here.

Good point @quicksrt but it could be added as a bonus track or DV could do a threefer with the album its on
or Michael Dutton could remix it to quad.
I would not think the licensing is too expensive.

The Witch Queen of New Orleans got play here as a single but certainly a lesser hit.
I read that Redbone had a big following in Europe with more singles released there.

The Witch Queen of New Orleans got play here as a single but certainly a lesser hit.
I read that Redbone had a big following in Europe with more singles released there.
Yes, I remember recording off the radio onto my mono cassette recorder "Witch Queen of New Orleans" so I'd love some Redbone.

But DV does seem to like things like this. But the big hit "Come and Get Your Love" does not appear on either of the two quad mixed albums. That seems to help get a DV reissue when there is quad, and a hit (Argent, Chase, etc.). Chances look slim here.
And to make matters worse, their star did not continue to burn brighter from there, like a REO Speedwagon who would later go super nova.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
Both the first ELO and The second album were prepared for quad , in fact 2 of the tracks are available in SQ quad matrix on the Early Years cd issued in 2004.
🤩
Actually the entire first album in quad was issued on a quadraphonic DVD in Europe. Check it out when you get a chance. EMI was doing a quad reissue series for a while there.

https://www.discogs.com/release/3520404-Electric-Light-Orchestra-The-Electric-Light-Orchestra

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...hestra-first-light-dts-96-24-dd-dvd-cd.15744/

A 3fer release with 2 quads and one stereo would still be a possibility for DV. It wouldn’t be the first time that they included stereo and quad in the same package. 🤔

I meant to post this Passport Quad release here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...4-let-the-speculation-begin.35465/post-758274
image_2024-02-12_205456133.png

Actually the entire first album in quad was issued on a quadraphonic DVD in Europe. Check it out when you get a chance. EMI was doing a quad reissue series for a while there.

https://www.discogs.com/release/3520404-Electric-Light-Orchestra-The-Electric-Light-Orchestra

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...hestra-first-light-dts-96-24-dd-dvd-cd.15744/

I have the QUAD DVD of the First Light disc , and in addition I have two SQ encoded tracks from ELO 2nd Album on the Early ELO CD from 2004 , as well as all the SQ encoded tracks from the album First Light in amongst 3 different ELO disc's.
Back in the day I had two copies of the first album indicated as SQ on the EMI UK jackets...but both had stereo albums inside.
So I'm well aware of what there is,thx.
I was merely pointing out that the third ELO album was overlooked while there seems to be a strong rumour that a quad mix of Eldorado is languishing in the vault. This according to the facethemusic website.

Back