Jethro Tull "Too Old to Rock 'N' Roll, Too Young to Die" 2CD/2DVD Deluxe Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazed Institutions: Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull Interview.
By Matthew Shearn on November 10, 2015
http://figure8magazine.co.uk/default/crazed-institutions-ian-anderson-of-jethro-tull-interview/

TV-show-4-620x400.jpg

It seems like every Jethro Tull album that's come out in this reissue series is accompanied by an interview with Ian Anderson where he says 'oh these songs weren't intended to be an album, originally they were for a musical/opera/film/tv show/ballet/stage play that was later abandoned'. I guess there must be an alternate universe where Jethro Tull only put out about two true albums in the 70's and did a bunch of weird musical multimedia projects instead..

It seems like every Jethro Tull album that's come out in this reissue series is accompanied by an interview with Ian Anderson where he says 'oh these songs weren't intended to be an album, originally they were for a musical/opera/film/tv show/ballet/stage play that was later abandoned'. I guess there must be an alternate universe where Jethro Tull only put out about two true albums in the 70's and did a bunch of weird musical multimedia projects instead..

No, but around *that time* Tull was indeed reported to be involved in various multimedia projects....covered in Circus magazine.

Yes! "Snogs From The Wood" was originally conceived as the soundtrack to "Deep Throat".

importcds.com is listing this at $27.84. That'll be a tough price to beat.

Good price but Bullmoose is a little better and is faster...the moose is $30.97 which includes shipping and no tax...imports charges $2.99 for shipping and for me they charge tax($1.85)which brings the total to $32.68...so the Moose is a tad bit cheaper($1.71)but it's usually much faster plus I would gain points toward future purchases...of course we have amazon bringing up the rear at a total(with shipping and tax)of $40.35..almost $10 more than Bullmoose...

I was going to pass on this one..BUT...the Steven Wilson factor is pulling me back in...I might have to make a move on it...

I'm honestly surprised at how, each time, the Tull remixes turn out to sound better than what I expected. This one being no exception.

I'm honestly surprised at how, each time, the Tull remixes turn out to sound better than what I expected. This one being no exception.
I must admit, I've only listened to this album like once. Need to get a little more familiarised despite the fact that I did in fact order this, obviously. ;-)

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I must admit, I've only listened to this album like once. Need to get a little more familiarised despite the fact that I did in fact order this, obviously. ;-)

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Hey - since I've joined QQ...probably over 60% of the stuff I've purchased I wasn't too familiar with. Still loving it.....I'm addicted...

Good price but Bullmoose is a little better and is faster...the moose is $30.97 which includes shipping and no tax...imports charges $2.99 for shipping and for me they charge tax($1.85)which brings the total to $32.68...so the Moose is a tad bit cheaper($1.71)but it's usually much faster plus I would gain points toward future purchases...of course we have amazon bringing up the rear at a total(with shipping and tax)of $40.35..almost $10 more than Bullmoose...

I was going to pass on this one..BUT...the Steven Wilson factor is pulling me back in...I might have to make a move on it...

Thanks for the tip. I've never ordered from Bull Moose before. I was just checking out their site and saw that they do free shipping for orders over $25. Importcds can certainly test your patience on their shipping speed, but otherwise I've never had a problem with them and their prices are typically competitive. However, from now on whenever I'm looking for something new I'll certainly be checking Bull Moose as well. I'll definitely be ordering the Tull set from them.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the tip. I've never ordered from Bull Moose before. I was just checking out their site and saw that they do free shipping for orders over $25. Importcds can certainly test your patience on their shipping speed, but otherwise I've never had a problem with them and their prices are typically competitive. However, from now on whenever I'm looking for something new I'll certainly be checking Bull Moose as well. I'll definitely be ordering the Tull set from them.

Thanks again!

I use them both..on a case by case basis...

Well this one certainly has an interesting wildcard element to it with the remixed TV show version of the album being officially available for the first time, but I'm looking forward to listening to all of it.
And you are right that these Tull remixes have exceeded my expectations as well, particularly since all of the original mixes from "Thick as a Brick" onwards were pretty good just as they were, mostly due I guess to the wonderful engineering skills of Robin Black.

Also, thanks for posting that great interview, JohnN! :)

I put in a pre-order from Import CD's this evening. Their $27.84 price along with the 10% discount (code TENOFF at checkout, good thru 10/23 5pm CST) made it a pretty easy choice. I can wait an extra few days or week or whatever...I'm so far behind with listening as it is!

I just got the notification from importcds.com that this shipped today. If this is as good as SW's mix for Minstrel in the Gallery then it's going to be annoying my neighbors through New Year's!

Back