Jim Alfredson THEO - Pledge music Blu-Ray option

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone heard if the Hi-rez FLAC is going to be made available...

This sounds like its great, but not keen on Dullby.

I only had a chance to play the Blu-ray thru one time since it arrived but it struck me as sounding very good in its own right and downright excellent by lossy Dolby Digital music standards :)

Thank you, Robert, for reminding me about this and directing me to this thread. And my hearty thanks to everyone who has supported this music by purchasing it. I'm also humbled by all the nice comments regarding the music itself.

I am now offering 24bit/96kHz FLAC 5.1 files for sale at the Big O Store. If you have already purchased the Blu-Ray and would like the files, please contact me here or there and let me know where you purchased the Blu-Ray (PledgeMusic, Big O, etc.) so I can confirm with my records and I'll send you a link.

The files are huge. 3.3GB compress to a ZIP, to be exact! They include the digital booklet.

This seems like a wonderful community of music lovers. Thanks again for the support.

Jim's post are waiting for approval by the mods. Jim gave me permission to quote from his email to me.

So if you'd like to let folks know: The 5.1 FLAC files are now available at the Big O Store. If someone already owns the Blu-Ray, they can contact me at [email protected] with their order number or where they bought it from and I'll give them access to the FLACs.

http://www.big-o-records.com

Great to see an artist involved in his art!

Jim's post are waiting for approval by the mods.........

Thanks or letting me know. I cleared Jim's post (he used a link so it got sent to moderation (Spam control, ya know?)), and I also boosted his post count to 11 so he will not have that happen again.

Thank you, Jon!

To answer some questions as to why I used Dolby AC3 compression on the Blu-Ray; it wasn't a capacity issue. Here's how I explained it on PledgeMusic.

I did not have the budget to hire a firm to create the Blu-Ray, so I did it myself using Sony Vegas and Sony DVD Architect. You would think that the company that created the Blu-Ray format would allow you to utilize said format to its fullest, but that's not the case.

I bought Sony Vegas, a $599 piece of software, last year to create the Dirty Finger's DVD. When I began to author the CD, I found that my version would not even burn ANY 5.1 audio to Blu-Ray, so I had to upgrade for another $250. Then I found out that even though Vegas supports 24/96 5.1 on the editing timeline, it only renders 24/44.1 surround. And to top it off, DVD Architect, the Blu-Ray authoring program, won't even accept that. It will only accept AC3 files.

So I was stuck. I had to either find another $2000 to hire a company to author it, which would massively delay the project and also delay getting money from PledgeMusic (unlike Kickstarter, they actually set goals you have to meet before they will release the majority of the funds) or I had to go with what I had and make it work. I chose the latter.

For the record, I now have estimates for what it will cost to have a Blu-Ray authored by the same company that did the YES releases (mixed by Steven Wilson), so I will budget that in to my next project which will most likely be for my jazz trio organissimo later this year.

Thanks again for the support and interest in this music.

Thank you, Jon!

To answer some questions as to why I used Dolby AC3 compression on the Blu-Ray; it wasn't a capacity issue. Here's how I explained it on PledgeMusic.

For the record, I now have estimates for what it will cost to have a Blu-Ray authored by the same company that did the YES releases (mixed by Steven Wilson), so I will budget that in to my next project which will most likely be for my jazz trio organissimo later this year.

Thanks again for the support and interest in this music.

Jim - sounds awesome.....we look forward to any new material in hi-rez. Gotta love it.

Downloading..... ..... ...... ...... ...... :zzzzz

Thanks for the FLACs Jim - you suckered me into getting the blu-ray combo. Its great to see all the options available & great to hear that you'll use Neil for the next disc... (y)

I paid and DL the flac files but there is a problem. The tracks are 6-23 seconds long.

The faulty files will not even delete from my laptop.

I downloaded last night without any issues. The actual download took about 50 minutes (but I imagine that will vary based on your IP's speed). When you purchase the download the link provides unlimited downloads. Did you try logging in to your account and downloading the files again. There was no copy protection on the files I downloaded and was able to open them up in Foobar and transfer them to my external harddrive easily.

Are the files read only? Maybe you have to change some property settings like ownership and stuff too.

Read only?

I have tried twice now; took 2 hours each time to DL 3.2GB. They are 2- 26 seconds each, and will not delete. There is a clear fault.

Just curious - the files are downloaded as a Winrar zip file. I am assuming that you have "unzipped" the files with the appropriate program?

Back