King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, well Sid Smith replied to a question about the 2008 thing in the DGM guestbook:

There was some limited static one-cam in-concert footage taken at each gig as well as the voxpop style shooting before and after gigs you mention. Work continues however and a release date hasn't yet been scheduled. When it is, it'll be announced on the news page.
Sid

Seems that the "live" content is going to be rather limited then huh? I suppose when he said "documentary" he really meant it - not a concert film.

Many are waiting for news about the Beat 5.1 version...well David Singleton's diary makes mention:

I note that TCJ (?) is dubious of the value of the Road to Red - to which I would say two things. Firstly, his luck is in as we will also be releasing the DVDA of Beat this autumn - and secondly that the Road to Red is not a rehash of Red. It is mostly a great collection of live shows (about sixteen of them, I think)

Many are waiting for news about the Beat 5.1 version...well David Singleton's diary makes mention:

Great! From what I had heard, I had surmised that if we were getting any other KC 5.1 mixes this year, it would be THRAK.
But hell, as long as we get one new 5.1 mix, I really don't care which one it is since we already have the 1st 8.
I'm a little more pumped for this than I am for Road to Red, simply because it's a new 5.1 mix & it won't kill my bank account. :)

You guys know if there are any plans to release some sort of box set, similar to the Doors box set? I've been away from the scene for a few years (IDF service) so I don't have any KC surround.. I'd like to get it all but the discs are pretty expensive!

The value-for-money ratio on them is great, absolutely agree.. still gonna be expensive for me though. :( I've been out of the scene for a while!

I think my next amazon purchase will be King Crimson's In The Court, Larks, and Discipline as well as Pink Floyd - WYWH SACD, Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese Blu-Ray, and Mariah Carey - #1 DVD :)

interesting comments in David's diary again:
No longer the Road TO Red - even while I type the last two board recordings are bouncing away inside this computer, and that will be THE END of the never-ending journey. (Actually it will only be the end if the automation in Logic 9 behaves itself, which judging on recent history is highly unlikely. Despite claims to be "frame accurate" it has proved to be anything but. Boo Hiss!). So, automation willing, I shall deliver my hard-drive to Neil Wilkes tomorrow, and the pain will move from my desk to his (the pain being the volume of work, not the quality of playing - although we did have a surreal moment earlier today, when John Wetton was singing away downstairs in my studio, upstairs in Alex's studio, and an all too familiar voice then called out from the front door. How many Wetton's does it take to fill an office!!?? The meeting with John, Jakko, Mel, and Gavin went well. It is possible that those on the guestbook wanting to hear John sing Schizoid Man again may yet get their way - or it may all collapse into a mush of cream cakes, who knows. More on that later

Wetton, Collins, Harrison, Jakzyk (and Fripp?)....sounds like a very interesting ProjeKct!

I would love for that configuration to get together. I'll miss TLevin, but it would be nice to hear Wetton again. I was never really an Asia fan, so I'd be interested in how it will sound. And if Fripp can at least be convinced to be on the album, that would make it Crim enough for me. I don't feel ashamed to think of Scarcity of Miracles to be a King Crimson album. Its refreshing to finally get out of the Belew era, as much as I liked it. Different lineups is part of KC's charm for me.

sweet fancy moses....thanks for the heads up!!

oof $65 for shipping though...hrmm...

yeah, I can moan and whinge at the cost and say no way...but then look at the content, and yeah, the wallet opens as it usually does.

I can't say 'I'm not sure it's worth it' .. I was back and forth with the LTIA box for at least a month ... for an album I really wasn't as into as other KC releases ... it was worth every single penny I paid... I went ahead and ordered it...now just to wait..maybe I can cryogenically freeze myself until the release date..

Back