King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert Fripp's latest diary entry (Dec. 2nd 2008) has another more info about 5.1 remix project specific to "In the Court...":

"News from David: the unmarked 8-track mystery tape in the DGM archives is the original master of Schizoid Man. The implication: a 5.1 mix of ITCOTCK is now feasible."

Robert Fripp's latest diary entry (Dec. 2nd 2008) has another more info about 5.1 remix project specific to "In the Court...":

"News from David: the unmarked 8-track mystery tape in the DGM archives is the original master of Schizoid Man. The implication: a 5.1 mix of ITCOTCK is now feasible."

:worthy:worthy:worthy:worthy:worthy:worthy:bounce :bounce :wave

This is the best surround news I have heard in a lo-o-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-ng time!!!

:woopie(y) :smokin :D :spot:51banana :woopie :woopie

So much for Robert's previous assertions that this tape was stolen from an unlocked cabinet at the studio many years ago. But this makes me very happy!

J. D.

Thanks for the diary update, I continually forget to check it.

Really pleased about the extras for Beat as it was such a short (and rushed) album to begin with.

So very glad that Fripp and Wilson see eye to eye on this project and that they are now crafting something with the Crimson catalog so wonderful for all of us surround fans to savor....

Ken Richardson reveals in the new Sound & Vision that the surround versions of Lizard and Red are scheduled for March. The rest of the catalog will be released two at a time over the next year or so. In the Court Of The Crimson King is targeted for October in conjunction with their 40th anniversary.
There was also a full page ad for Insurgentes on dvd audio and dts along with a review of the new Genesis and a talk with Wayne Coyne about Christmas on Mars and other surround stuff.

Ken Richardson reveals in the new Sound & Vision that the surround versions of Lizard and Red are scheduled for March. The rest of the catalog will be released two at a time over the next year or so. In the Court Of The Crimson King is targeted for October in conjunction with their 40th anniversary.
There was also a full page ad for Insurgentes on dvd audio and dts along with a review of the new Genesis and a talk with Wayne Coyne about Christmas on Mars and other surround stuff.

Shoot. I was hoping Discipline would be first.

Shoot. I was hoping Discipline would be first.

Its not much of a worry for me KC was never a band i have collected but always had a passing interest in so pretty much all new music for me. :sun

Looking forward to these most definitly. Looks like Robert Fripp will be getting a lot of money from me this year.:mad:@:

Saw them at the Keswick and had a great time. I think that Lark's Tongues is one of my 10 ten favorite album of all time. I surely have bought it at least 8 times between vinyl pressing and cd versions. The DVD-A will probably give me a heart attack, what a way to go!

they can't release these quickly enough. And for those who don't care for the surround mix, and I have mixed feelings about them, sometimes I feel like a nut, and sometimes I don't. It really doesn't matter, listen to the style you like best.

but I can say definitively that 24 bit is audibly superior to 16 bit and I am looking forward to these releases!!!

Sweet! I think Red will benefit a lot from a surround mix, since it is really dense. Imagine Starless in surround... :eek:

Fripp and co. will definitely get my money for all of their 5.1 releases(I hope J Muir does too-in his monastery) , even tho the stuff I like starts with LTIA (73)...can't wait to get 'em...
KC is a band I admire, but the Frippster is another story...Mr. Gunn will be missed-now he's with Eddie Jobson's UKZ, which I REALLY don't like...

Seems king of clinical to build this kind of expectation. Discipline has so much tricky cross-picking and delays it'll be a show unto itself. There's every reason to believe these will be incredible ADVENTUROUS mixes, given the people and material involved!

:banana::banana::banana:

If the guitars were recorded to tape without the delays or reverb then this would open up the possibilities immensely.

You can see by my avatar that I will be one of the first to hop on the Crimson 5.1 bandwagon! Larks' Tongues through Red and In The Court without question. BTW, for those with Vario-Matrix, try listening to the last KC album "The Power To Believe" through a Sansui and be amazed!

Rick

Power To Believe harkens back to the other classics you mentioned, best of the latter day efforts...

We'll have to extra careful playing when LTIA pt 1 brutally kicks in! Still the loudest moment I can think of, probably one of the most demanding dynamic range examples on record.

I'm gonna buy them all if they are in high rez. Most definitly. Can't wait. :banana:

...But i'm not really holding my breath either. I'll believe it when I see it released ;) You can't take anything for granted when it comes to music being released in surround.. but I Wish They Were Here (already) ;)

Since the The Nick Cave catalog has been officially announced, they are surely coming. And i'll buy all of them also if they're in high rez. I REALLY REALLY hope they are.:smokin

Add the Paranoid SACD, and if they finally get their finger out and release the SACD of Wish You Were Here Also this would be a sweet year for surround music. I'm a daydreamer :spot

Back