Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opeth - Heritage 5.1 DVD mixed by Steven Wilson... after months of mixing stems, it feels good to finally take a break and listen to something professionally mixed! This is the beginning of what I hope will be a long stretch of listening to all my discs that I've never spun before... so far it's a great place to start! (And the cover is perfect for a spooky Halloween weekend):music

Reger und seine Zeit (SACD) - Brahms, Bruckner, Reger, Schönberg
Opus Vocale
Volker Hedtfeld, conductor

Finally have some time to catch up on my listening. Just chillin to some classical.

Continuing with this one from Friedhelm Flamme's excellent series of Baroque Organ music.

Vincent Lübeck: Complete Organ Works (SACD)

Friedhelm Flamme (organ)

Just put on the studded snow tires on the car - getting it ready for the winter season. Taking a break on the couch and listening to some great old Quad:

ten_zpsm0mdymtx.jpg

PATTO!!!!
I know I bring them up every chance I get ...it could be that I worked with the late great Ollie Halsall without even knowing about his musical genius...and I also met the great John Halsey last year (who played in LPs like Lou Reed's "Transformer" and both played in the Rutles)

This song, "Singin' the blues on Reds" was written after they opened for Ten Years After in a tour, especially in a show in Scandinavia where Patto played their asses off and nobody payed any attention to them ...and when TYA showed up, they were really rusty and under rehearsed and EVERYBODY WENT WILD!!!!
Listen to the lyrics...especially the spoken part....

(BTW, all three official Patto LPs are OOP but are definitely worth it, even their 4th unreleased one, Monkey's Bum is great just DO NOT BUY ANY ARKARNA Label ones, they are all ripoffs...more info here)

[video=youtube_share;zgZH4PkTPp0]https://youtu.be/zgZH4PkTPp0[/video]

:yikes NO! I hate winter....on another note, gonna be 80 here today.

Yes, not enjoying it to much, but a white christmas is always nice - and I get to use the snowblower - and that is fun :)

80 is what we have on the varmer summer days, now it's 50, sunny and the trees have all those amazing autumn colours. Makes you want to take the camera out for spin.

Yes, not enjoying it to much, but a white christmas is always nice - and I get to use the snowblower - and that is fun :)

Well, I agree with everything you said....I finally bought a nice snow blower 2 years ago after we got a massive snow storm that pretty much paralyzed us... :)

Oh, and last night I listened to BREAD's Greatest Hits in QUAD. That was my surround event for the night.

Revisiting a Quad favourite on this rainy morning.

Leopold Stokowski - London Symphony Orchestra* ‎– Tchaikovsky: Francesca Da Rimini, Op. 32 / Serenade For Strings, Op. 48 (Pentatone SACD)

Tchaikovsky%20Stokowski%20Philips%20LP%202_zpsltlhuvrv.jpg

Tchaikovsky%20Stokowski%20Philips%20LP%201_zpsf9ttou6x.jpg

Tchaikovsky%20Stokowski%20Pentatone%20SACD_zpsmmckxpor.jpg

Back