Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Gabriel-Growing Up Live tour, with mucho extras ! And in surround ! This is a DTS/DD 2 disc set DVD & BLU-RAY.

K-Reist ! this is very discrete for a live disc set. A rarity for live surround 5.1 .:smokin

20161028_192013.jpg20161028_192026.jpg20161028_192231.jpg

:rolleyes: Picked it up on a whim, now I'm glad I did.:sun

Love Johnnie Taylor's pair of Quads ("not like that".. ;) ) doubt anybody'd give a tuppeny toss about them now but there you go! :eek:

"Quad is so much better in the A.M., 'specially when you're groovin' with your F.M..."

Oh, I give at least a halfpenny about them. :D

Peter Gabriel-Growing Up Live tour, with mucho extras ! And in surround ! This is a DTS/DD 2 disc set DVD & BLU-RAY.

K-Reist ! this is very discrete for a live disc set. A rarity for live surround 5.1 .:smokin

View attachment 27625View attachment 27626View attachment 27627

I'm glad you like it! I used to have the original DVD releases of both "Growing Up Live" and "Still Growing Up Live & Unwrapped", and they were favorites for a long time!
I think the only addition to this set is the "Growing Up on Tour" documentary (which was originally a limited DVD release) but that and the upgraded picture (and audio) quality on "Growing Up Live" might be enough to get me to (re)purchase this! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very nice surprise. After noting Chuck Berry's 90th birthday I went looking for him in any hi res, not anything to speak of except this compilation 2 disc hybrid SACD. Two discs, 48 tunes, all iconic great songs. When I purchased I didn't notice it is also multi channel, what a bonus that was. Weak, much more ambient than discrete but where else you gonna find 48 tracks of 50's rock and roll. 24/96 DSD.
It's called Rock 'n' Roll Memories and you can find it on HRAudio.net.

View attachment 27625View attachment 27626View attachment 27627

I got the "Growing Up Live" on DVD when it came out cause I saw him in BCN on this tour (as usual, I was right next to the stage!) and was pleasantly surprised by the very active MCH Mix....

BTW, love the "Cuban Rum" reference/tag....(How is that brand? Is it dry or sweet? I grew up with Puerto Rican rums that are VERY dry and was SHOCKED when I first tasted Havana Club...man it's SWEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!)

Azteca

WHY IN THE WORLD THIS UTTERLY AMAZING QUAD (thank you Linda :) ) HAS NEVER BEEN REISSUED IN THE INTERVENING 44 YEARS, PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE...!?!?!?

(Sorry for shouting.. it's just... mindblowing how good this is in Surround and nobody gives a bloody damn..!!!!!!!)

:banana:

Azteca

WHY IN THE WORLD THIS UTTERLY AMAZING QUAD (thank you Linda :) ) HAS NEVER BEEN REISSUED IN THE INTERVENING 44 YEARS, PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE...!?!?!?

(Sorry for shouting.. it's just... mindblowing how good this is in Surround and nobody gives a bloody damn..!!!!!!!)

:banana:

It's pretty obvious. This title appears not to have sold that well when it was originally released, so if companies like Audio Fidelity & Analogue Productions feel like they have to shift a certain number of units in order to purse a given title, they won't go anywhere near something like this...

It's pretty obvious. This title appears not to have sold that well when it was originally released, so if companies like Audio Fidelity & Analogue Productions feel like they have to shift a certain number of units in order to purse a given title, they won't go anywhere near something like this...

funny how much crap still gets reissued despite not selling well in the first place..

must be the multichannel effect.. oh that dreaded Quad! they'll never buy it!

Edgar Winter Group With Rick Derringer

Another lovely old Quad I'll bet hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of seeing a reissue..
I mean, if Azteca sold poorly then this poor bugger sank without trace!

oh well.. thank God for the old records and tapes (and nifty gizmos like the Surround Master!) still knocking around, keeping Quad alive :upthumb

Monsterworks - The Existential Code (BR-A) - if you like your music a bit on the heavy side, you could try this.Pretty good surround mix.
Blue Man Group - The Complex (DVDA) - Great surround mix! Musically it's much better than I expected.
and - of course,
Tales From Topographic Oceans (BR-A) ... and again ... and again ...

Back