Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2733.jpg

Just arrived today. Pretty freakin' awesome!

Going deep into the 5.1 vault. Byther Smith, Adressing The Nation With The Blues. 1989 JSP Records. An absolute must for 5.1 Blues Fans. Surround sound mixed in 2004. JSP produces very good discrete blues music like Telarc does for jazz.

Going deep into the 5.1 vault. Byther Smith, Adressing The Nation With The Blues. 1989 JSP Records. An absolute must for 5.1 Blues Fans. Surround sound mixed in 2004. JSP produces very good discrete blues music like Telarc does for jazz.

Happy New Year, Markie, to you, VG and the girls. Hopefully, your California drought is OVER and done.

Yeah, that Byther Smith mch SACD is a MUST purchase....along with ALL of the other JSP mch SACDs! Superb sounding discs.:banana:

BTW, I played the first SACD of Santana Lotus last night and after applying a +5db bass boost I thought it sounded fantastic although I don't have any other source (RBCD/Vinyl) to compare it with.

I wish someone with the SQ vinyl of Lotus properly decoded through the surround master could comment on whether it's discrete or not. IMO, it's pure JAZZ all the way w/elements of rock instead of the other way around.

Happy New Year, Markie, to you, VG and the girls. Hopefully, your California drought is OVER and done.

Yeah, that Byther Smith mch SACD is a MUST purchase.

BTW, I played the first SACD of Santana Lotus last night and after applying a +5db bass boost I thought it sounded fantastic although I don't have any other source (RBCD/Vinyl) to compare it with.

I wish someone with the SQ vinyl of Lotus properly decoded through the surround master could comment on whether it's discrete or not. IMO, it's pure JAZZ all the way w/elements of rock instead of the other way around.

Happy New Year to you also Ralphie, good thinking with the Lotus, I'll try that. I think it's really hard to bring a live disc to life with SACD but certainly many try. I felt Santana's guitar came through stellar, loud and crisp, but the rest of the band was way behind him in the sonic landscape. Also performance wise it's a bit of a Star Wars disc with all the laser sounds.

Happy New Year to you also Ralphie, good thinking with the Lotus, I'll try that. I think it's really hard to bring a live disc to life with SACD but certainly many try. I felt Santana's guitar came through stellar, loud and crisp, but the rest of the band was way behind him in the sonic landscape. Also performance wise it's a bit of a Star Wars disc with all the laser sounds.

Speaking of LIVE SACD discs, I did play the Tower of Power LIVE disc last night (single layered stereo SACD) and it really sounded AWESOME+. It also decoded well via DSP on my pre/pro. Would LOVE to hear that puppy in multichannel. Sounded better than the D~V ToP mch SACD.

Speaking of LIVE SACD discs, I did play the Tower of Power LIVE disc last night (single layered stereo SACD) and it really sounded AWESOME+. It also decoded well via DSP on my pre/pro. Would LOVE to hear that puppy in multichannel. Sounded better than the D~V ToP mch SACD.
Yes, I have that one also, Tower Of Power, Soul Vaccination. I saw them this summer and 3 members where in a car accident yesterday on the way to Yoshi's in Oakland. Big news here in SF Bay Area. I think they will be ok. I went to school with original member trumpet, Greg Adams, we where in band together, him a senior and me a freshman, he was fantastic, I was not.
Oops, edit, Soul Vaccination is 5.1,

King Crimson - Thrak

I really love having Pat Mastelotto in big stereo across the fronts and Bill Bruford in big stereo across the rears. In this particular aspect, I think this is one of the most unique surround discs I own. :smokin

YUP!!! I LOOVE that mix!!!

Too bad that the Radical Action one kinda sucked...I REALLY hope that now with ONLY FOUR drummers, Jakko will get to mix it...I'm thinking they should have
Bill in LF and RF
Gavin in RR and RF
Jeremy in LR and RR
Pat in LR and LF

Back