Marillion "Clutching at Straws" (Deluxe Edition with 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the last 2 Deluxe editions from Marillion's website, but since I have autographs of other 4 members, I am thinking of ordering from Fish's website this time even though the shipping is costlier. Anybody has less than positive experience of ordering from Fish's website?
I am slightly worried over the disclaimer of not having any responsibility if I don't use the shipping with tracking/sign option (which is 14 GBP).

I ordered misplaced childhood from Fish’s store. everything went well. It means a little more to me having his signature.

I ordered misplaced childhood from Fish’s store. everything went well. It means a little more to me having his signature.

Did you use the lowest shipping option?

I've bought a couple of times from his store and nothing negative to say as Royal Mail plus Correos delivered the CDs without any issue. Having said that, if you use the non tracked option, forget about complaining if the parcel gets lost. But same happens with Burningshed and peer to peer shipments in Discogs (recently Santana's Supernatural DVD got lost for me... And I doubt I'll be able to get any compensation)

So since they are making the buyer accept the Terms & Conditions, paypal buyer protection won't be valid?

I suppose they think they're being clever in trying to get us to purchase both versions, so as to acquire the full complement of autographs. It would take a two-fer deal to get me to fall for that transparent scheme!

Shipping to USA

amazon.co.uk --> $30 with cheapest, $36 with fastest shipping option, no autograph, nothing extra
marillion.com --> $40 (only one shipping option is offered), includes autographs from 4 members, Lottery to win Jacket
fishmusic --> $43 with cheapest, $53 with costliest, includes autograph from Fish

May be I will still pay $23 more to get Fish's autograph, I can almost get 2 of those from amazon.co.uk... :mad:

I just received an e-mail from Racket Records that my order has shipped! :D
Also, on Monday (Nov 5) I received the autographed Clutching at Straws print.
Really looking forward to hearing this.

Ray
Me too, I'm in the UK so I should get it Friday or maybe Saturday:D for some reason I thought this was a 23rd November release, I guess not.
Crikey I could be getting 4 new surround releases in the next few dayso_O I'd better cancel all my appointments!

Me too, I'm in the UK so I should get it Friday or maybe Saturday:D for some reason I thought this was a 23rd November release, I guess not.
Crikey I could be getting 4 new surround releases in the next few dayso_O I'd better cancel all my appointments!

Your not crazy - Warner settled on an official release date of November 23 after a production delay moved it back from an intended September release date.
Warner had originally moved the release to mid-November after the delay but Fish asked them to move it further back as his tour would delay his ability to ship out orders through him until the end of November. Warner supposedly acquiesced.
With Fish on tour right now, I reckon that anybody who ordered from Fish's shop will have to wait until he gets home on his tour break at the end of November to sign them and get them into the mail for a December delivery.
He probably isn't going to be too happy hearing that Marillion's camp have already started sending their orders out.

By the way, Marillion's manager wrote today and stated that they now have additional album cover prints w/ autographs to give to all current orders (not just pre-orders)
Both camps have stated that like the other two releases, this is a limited edition and Warner has informed them that both the vinyl and CD/BRD disc box sets will be discontinued after they have sold this production run.

Mine is in the mail to me and my fingers are crossed that the 5.1 mix by Andy Bradfield and Avril Mackintosh can come close to matching Wilson's handwork on Misplaced Childhood's surround mix. Like that album, Clutching, while sounding massive, doesn't really have as many deep layers as the band's latter efforts post Fish (Brave, Afraid of Sunlight, Marbles...) If I had to choose only one of the Fish era albums for Steve Wilson to be responsible for working, it would be Clutching at Straws and not Misplaced Childhood. Both great albums but Clutching has one of my all-time favorite guitar solos (Sugar Mice).

Shipping to USA

amazon.co.uk --> $30 with cheapest, $36 with fastest shipping option, no autograph, nothing extra
marillion.com --> $40 (only one shipping option is offered), includes autographs from 4 members, Lottery to win Jacket
fishmusic --> $43 with cheapest, $53 with costliest, includes autograph from Fish

May be I will still pay $23 more to get Fish's autograph, I can almost get 2 of those from amazon.co.uk... :mad:

I must've really lucked out as my total for the deluxe 4 RBCD/BD~A/V set of Marillion's 'Clucthing at Straws' delivered price from AmazonUK was £22.08. [$28.98US]

I'm guessing I didn't win the jacket but this arrived via airmail today. No sign of the disc yet...

IMG_3712.JPG

Back