MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's in it apart from the concert Rob?

So (no pun intended!), the deluxe set comes with 2x BRs and 2CDs. BR1 is the entire concert plus a small doc about putting the show together. BR2 is the theatrical cut of the concert which was shown in 4k in cinemas around the globe. On the night, we were asked to perform some strange things before the show got underway, so I imagine these were used here! I am also led to believe that the concert footage is inter-cut with interviews but have yet to see it myself. CD1 & 2 are the audio from the gig which, I believe, is the same audio that can be bought as the Encore Series on the PG site.

Blu Ray audio is DTS-HD MA 5.1 and LPCM 2.0. The concert audio is also available as a 24bit FLAC by redeeming a code within the pack.

All of it comes packaged in an 11" x 11.5" square hardbacked photo book.

BR running time = 258 minutes, CD = 138 minutes.

It's a lovely thing indeed :)

Peter Gabriel - Front to Back

I wasn't gonna get this. The Secret World show set the bar for me. Everything since has been good, but not Secret World good.
I thought: Do I really need another PG disc? But, I bought it anyway since I have everything else he's ever released. Boy was that a good move!
Not a whole lot of discrete stuff going on in the rears, but the mix is really good IMHO. There's some interesting things going on in the back occasionally (The Family and the Fishing Net), but there could be more. The version of Shock the Monkey, with 2 acoustic guitars, is pretty cool. Overall, this disc comes in 2nd of the 6 PG videos I own.

Peter Gabriel - Front to Back

I wasn't gonna get this. The Secret World show set the bar for me. Everything since has been good, but not Secret World good.
I thought: Do I really need another PG disc? But, I bought it anyway since I have everything else he's ever released. Boy was that a good move!
Not a whole lot of discrete stuff going on in the rears, but the mix is really good IMHO. There's some interesting things going on in the back occasionally (The Family and the Fishing Net), but there could be more. The version of Shock the Monkey, with 2 acoustic guitars, is pretty cool. Overall, this disc comes in 2nd of the 6 PG videos I own.

I'm gonna take a WIIIILD guess and say that the vocals were overdubbed in the studio....

Pink Floyd Division Bell,

picture of back of the sleeve

SSA43980.JPG

I was REALLY lucky and received my Deluxe Box Set of The Division Bell early. It arrived Friday June 27, and I've been wearing it out ever since. Let me put it this way, I'm really happy that Andy Jackson and not James Guthrie did this 5.1 mix. People who bought this are going to be really pleased, I think. It's more Parsons and less Guthrie. I ordered mine within the first hour from the Pink Floyd store.

Last edited:
As was mentioned elsewhere, Graham Nash said that much of the shows that 4 Way Street was culled from was filmed. Love that album (worn out 8 track myself 1971) so anything on this front would be terrific. BD audio only would be welcomed!

From QQ deep space

Back