MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prince - Sign O' The Times.
CD Japan standalone Blu-Ray version with 5.1/stereo lossless - it better be better than the dreadful DVD version though.....that puppy is one of the muddiest mixes I have ever heard.

Oh sorry I misread. You have ordered but do not have. I suspect this will sound the same as DD DVD.

The Yes Album

Yes Close To The Edge

Tull Aqualung

Lindsey Buckingham Live*

Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road*

Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's

25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

*gifted to me :bounce

Latest Blu-rays:

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

Deep Purple - Made In Japan

Looking forward to more Genesis, especially The Lamb...

My journey with High Fidelity Pure Audio discs has shown marked improvement. My very first title was the Stones GRRR, which was more indicative of the sound guality, that sound you make when you clench your teeth in anger. Next up was Bob Marley, another "crash and burn"(sorry Tom Cruise). But after those 2 early flops I have been very happy with the others I bought; Yellow Brick Road, Beck Sea Change, Tommy and Selling England by The Pound.

I'm curious about Deep Purple, any observations you can provide would be helpful.

My journey with High Fidelity Pure Audio discs has shown marked improvement. My very first title was the Stones GRRR, which was more indicative of the sound guality, that sound you make when you clench your teeth in anger. Next up was Bob Marley, another "crash and burn"(sorry Tom Cruise). But after those 2 early flops I have been very happy with the others I bought; Yellow Brick Road, Beck Sea Change, Tommy and Selling England by The Pound.

I'm curious about Deep Purple, any observations you can provide would be helpful.

I had almost pulled the trigger on the Stones disc, and ultimately just couldn't follow through. When I saw that there were edited versions of tunes I liked on there, that didn't help the matter. Made In Japan is a little upsetting, because the Amazon description indicated that a surround mix is available on the disc. Well, sadly, it's turned out to be untrue. I should've researched it further before I bought. The stereo, however, does sound very good, with my point of comparison being the 1998 Rhino CD edition. It does seem to be a cut above, and that '98 CD is pretty damn good in my opinion. This album's always been a favorite, with some of Ritchie's very best playing...

The DCC gold version of "Made in Japan" was the best version I ever heard....until I compared it to the blu-ray. That DCC beauty; if you can find it, will run you 150 bucks +.

I had almost pulled the trigger on the Stones disc, and ultimately just couldn't follow through. When I saw that there were edited versions of tunes I liked on there, that didn't help the matter. Made In Japan is a little upsetting, because the Amazon description indicated that a surround mix is available on the disc. Well, sadly, it's turned out to be untrue. I should've researched it further before I bought. The stereo, however, does sound very good, with my point of comparison being the 1998 Rhino CD edition. It does seem to be a cut above, and that '98 CD is pretty damn good in my opinion. This album's always been a favorite, with some of Ritchie's very best playing...

I have the Machine Head SACD and at least it's multi channel, it's not great but it will do in a pinch.

LOL Love the content, but the sound quality is dated on this surround version. I'm kinda spoiled:cool:

the 5.1 on the DVD-A sounds better to me than the Quad on the SACD, there's a clarity to the surround remix the Quad lacks.. I like the placement of things more on some tracks on the DVD-A and in other tracks I prefer where they pan out in the SACD Quad mix.. but I'm glad we got both presentations, love the album!

the 5.1 on the DVD-A sounds better to me than the Quad on the SACD, there's a clarity to the surround remix the Quad lacks.. I like the placement of things more on some tracks on the DVD-A and in other tracks I prefer where they pan out in the SACD Quad mix.. but I'm glad we got both presentations, love the album!

I guess my objection is the clarity, in some parts. But that intro to Smoke on The Water is classic rock, almost as good as the Man on the Silver Mountain. Those songs represent what Rock was "back in the day", IMO

I guess my objection is the clarity, in some parts. But that intro to Smoke on The Water is classic rock, almost as good as the Man on the Silver Mountain. Those songs represent what Rock was "back in the day", IMO

Ritchie Blackmore was great with those iconic intros, wasn't he? Space Truckin' would be another one. Sorry, I know we're going off on a tangent.

'Lazy' sounds pretty darn great!...imho

This beauty just arrived. Very much looking forward to reliving the experience. And this is much bigger than I thought. I was expecting a standard Blu Ray sized box with small book but this thing is approximately 11" square! And a proper bargain at a smidge over £20 via Amazon Pre Order! :) One happy bunny here ;)

Peter Gabriel - Back To Front - Live in London: Blu Ray Deluxe Edition
10384746_10152549515870499_2118826403653765613_n.jpg

Back