MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Wilson - Grace for Drowning

I've been stuck in the 70's since the 60's, but Steve Wilson and Porcupine Tree have got me out (for now). Grabbing any surround DVD-A or Bluray I can by PT (and there are lots of them) and really getting into it.

Sade "Bring Me Home"

This concert was fantasic live when I saw them in Baltimore for their U.S. opening gig.

Now, with the Blu Ray concert in hand, I can see so much more of what I missed!

The sound is very forward (Up front and stage like) with little use of the rears other than for ambience and crowd.
That said, the sound is still pretty darn nice.

The video is well done and captures the beauty of the show. Very, very professional!

As a longtime Sade fan, this one is a no brainer, a must for the collection. :smokin

Heart Live in Seattle, waiting for it. Another Quad Linda reccomendation. Shes never steered me wrong yet!
Happy 4th everyone!

I just got word they shipped my Jimi Hendrix Live at Berkley Blu Ray today! So I guess that counts.

Jimi Hendrix-Jimi Plays Berkeley and Robert Plant & The Band Of Joy Live At The Artists Den

still waiting. They sent it "ups mail innovations". this is where speedy ups hands the thing off to the postal service to get it lost.

still waiting. They sent it "ups mail innovations". this is where speedy ups hands the thing off to the postal service to get it lost.

I notice that more stuff goes that way now. I bet they sent in the CIA and got rough with
UPS and made them share so they could get a piece of the pie too. UPS was killing the PO.
So much better and faster. :howl

I got it today! I have been listening for a few minutes.... I like what I hear! The rears are mainly for ambiance. But the sound quality so far is nice. Pleny of bass. and plenty of Jimi! I will post more later.

Modern Cool by Patricia Barber. Gorgeous sound that leans toward an ambient mix, but with quite a few discrete touches here and there.

I'll do a full track-by-track review if Jon posts the "Modern Cool" Blu-ray in the Surround Music Poll section :)

I have to say this is the best I have ever heard Jimi sound. Thumbs up!!!(y)

I just got and watched the Beatles- Yellow Submarine on blu ray yesterday.

Back