MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live - Blu-ray - Picked it up in my local store!

"Mira" by Jienat. Wild and crazy Joik-influenced music by Norwegian musician :)

Pure Audio Blu-ray and SACD discs, and full-color booklet with author's summary of each track (in English).

It's good[I believe it might be a Barnes & Noble exclusive at the moment]........every song in the movie[including the Who tracks] are in 5.1 btw.

Robert Plant and The Band of Joy Live from the Artist's Den BD. - Great band - feat. Nashville producer/singer/songwriter/guitarslinger extroadinaire, Buddy Miller and current Plant paramour (and a damn fine singer/songwriter in her own right) Patty Griffin on background vocals. Plant continues his Americana infatuation in style while still representing with some fine Led Zepp rearrangements. The 5.1 DTS HD MA mix is strictly front centric with audience/ambience in the rears but the sound is crisp and clear - recommended.

Doin' it Again - Beach Boys
619fjWtQldL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Living in the Material World (Deluxe Limited Ed) - George Harrison 2 DVD/Blu-Ray/CD
515jHUkgO0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Live in Paris '79 - Supertramp
51ZI-KiHqhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Live at Roseland Ballroom, NYC - Bachman - Turner
EVB334259.jpg

Elroy, haven't had time to view the Beach Boys, but will post a review as soon as I get time.

Review time, enquiring minds want to know.

Doin' it Again - Beach Boys Highly recommended. The surround efects are almost nil, though there is good crowd noise in the rears on the recent concert footage. It is a documentary, so the video quality is variable. There is newly unearthed footage of the Good Vibrations sessions, interviews and entire songs from this year's tour. Great video quality on the new footage, and crisp transfers of the old stuff. Give it a solid A, at least as documentaries go.

Santana Live at Montreux 2011 Like all his recent stuff, good, but not a walk off home run. His recent bands don't have the energy of his '70's & '80's bands. Great video quality. Like most concert DVD's/Blu-Ray's, the lighting could be better. Virtually nothing in the rear channels. Give it a B+.

Live in New York - Les Paul w/Steve Miller, Keith Richards, Bonnie Raitt, Tony Bennett, Jose Feliciano Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack
Les-Paul--Live-in-New-York--Blu-ray-Combo-Pack.jpg

Soul Power - Spinners, BB King, Celia Cruz, Bill Withers, Miriam Makeba, Crusaders, Big Black & James Brown Blu-Ray
043396323841.jpg

Steven Wilson- Get All You Deserve

Arrived this morning- sadly I don't think there'll be time to play it before I go to France tomorrow.

Back