MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quiet Winter Night: An Acoustic Jazz Project - Hoff Ensemble (Grammy Nominee for best Surround) BD Audio - lovely, understated acoustic jazz with some vocals (in Norwegian) -doesn't matter - still lovely and in 24/192 5.1 - stunning clarity and presence!

I'm quite impressed with 2L - the nomination of Morton Lyndberg for Surround mixing and production is as well deserving as SW (I still prefer SW but this is pretty close). These titles are definitely worth checking out.

Nice to hear a positive review of "Quiet Winter Night". I am really looking forward to receiving my copy. I haven't heard anything from 2L before, but the sound clips and the Grammy nomination made me place an order. The music itself is not what I usually go for, but I am a sucker for good sound and good surround no matter what the genre.

Yessongs - Blu-ray - Dolby TrueHD 5.1
54297_large.jpg

How is that?

How is that?

Picture quality is OK (for the source) The Dolby TrueHD sound quality is crap... I'd score it a 3 or 2. (n)

Interestingly its been released as a Region B only Blu-ray for Australasia (I presume)..

Quiet Winter Night: An Acoustic Jazz Project - Hoff Ensemble (Grammy Nominee for best Surround) BD Audio - lovely, understated acoustic jazz with some vocals (in Norwegian) -doesn't matter - still lovely and in 24/192 5.1 - stunning clarity and presence!

Just listened to this last night. Wow! This kind of music isn't generally my thing, but I am very impressed. The sound quality is stunning, and the 5.1 mix is fantastic. It is not a gimmicky mix with instruments panning around you. Instead, the mix puts the listener in the middle of the action, with vocals dead center, percussion in the rears, guitars, violin, and piano across the front. Like this picture:

http://www.2l.no/media/2L-087_stage-layout.pdf

It is definitely demo quality.

Is there a poll for this?

Recoil.jpg

The first BD authored by our own Neil Wilkes - and a dandy to boot! For those unaware, Recoil is the moniker of a ongoing EDM/IDM (Intelligent Dance Music) project by former Depeche Mode keyboardist, Alan Wilder. The BD presents a concert recorded live in Budapest - "Helloooo, Budapest - great to be back!." Very remininscent of Kraftwerks' "Minimum Maximum" except it's 2 guys with laptops and Maschines instead of 4. Very well shot and edited - the 5.1 DTS HD MA 24/96 live surround mix is exemplary with plenty of discrete goings on in the rears. The crowd in the film is quite enthusiastic but are edited out during the songs proper. Highly recommended - would be great to show one of our own some support. It can be obtained via Amazon US direct or via it's marketplace sellers here;

http://www.amazon.com/Recoil-Strange-Budapest-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B0089AGRFK

Ive red about this Blu Ray and Im concerned about it. Every review I read says that video i very good, audio is very good, bout they are out of sync. is that true?

It also says the extra videos that the DVD-V version has are not there... Is that true?

Nirvana - Live at the Paramount October 31, 1991 - Seattle, WA

terrific video and audio quality . wouldn't know it was 20 years old

1080p 16:9 widescreen

Dts-HD Master Audio PCM 5.1

FIGHT COMPRESSION

Rammstein - Videos 1995-2012 (DTS 96/24, no MCH)

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (I finally found one and won the bid on ebay!)

Natty Nation - Live 2012 UW Terrace, Madison, WI
It's a digital download (not a physical blu-ray or DVDA) of 24/88.2 5.1 flac files (there's a stereo version included as well). Great live reggae!

King Crimson. Check out my blurry pictures.

Attachments

• kc_bd_listing.jpg
    kc_bd_listing.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 147
  • king_crimson_bd.jpg
    king_crimson_bd.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 146
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing & other stories - Blu-ray

Back