Need info on my current system (QRX-9001 / Bose 901 V)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcmm

I just recently purchased a completly refurbished Sansui qrx 9001.
I have 4 bose 901 V series speakers with 2 bose EQ.
My question is, Is the Sansui going to have sufficient power for the 4 bose? In reading on different sites it is my understanding that bose require 100 watts each for effective sound.
I am not an audiophile what I am looking for in my sound is crisp clear... Like if the musician where in the room.
I also prefer to listen to music on occasion rather loud.
I am looking for the best possible sound on the system I have....Do I need to add external preamp for more power? or is that even possible?
Any help would be appreciated however. I am not technical so please in laymans terms.
Thanks GCMM

Last edited by a moderator:
Who refurbished your qrx 9001? Members here want to know. That is the person you should be asking these questions. A properly working 9001 puts out lots of 70s power, may be rated 70 per channel so it will probably drive them. Of course, you can hook up your speakers and listen for yourself.

9001 will drive the 901's fine, as long as you have the Bose EQ units that go with each pair of speakers. I've heard 901's with a 999 and it sounded awesome (of course, that was 30+ years ago!) :)

Back