Nektar: Remember The Future (50th Anniversary Set with New 5.1 Mix and 70s Quad Mix on Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Oh You better cancel and order from JPC.DE. I got it for US $59.51 to Arizona. HA! HA!
Shipping added on top of that? If so price will work out similar.

Often the actual price charged by Amazon will be lower than what was quoted, guaranteed not to be higher.

Edit: I worked it out for Canada EUR 59.99 + 8.5 = EUR 68.49. Converts to CAD 100.36. From Amazon.ca it's $104.87 (free shipping). Price difference might be greater using US dollars.

Last edited:
Now if WallyWorld would come down on the Yes Super Deluxe because the Apple Atmos is outstanding!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Rarewaves has this back in stock for pre-order
You can also apply 10% off code RWBFCM10
Total price including 4.99 shipping is $55 and change
Beats Walmart price and any other I've seen. Also no tax is applied.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving!
Rarewaves has this back in stock for pre-order
You can also apply 10% off code RWBFCM10
Total price including 4.99 shipping is $55 and change
Beats Walmart price and any other I've seen. Also no tax is applied.
Just the small added risk of intl. shipping damage.

Just the small added risk of intl. shipping damage.
CdJapan. No damage
Dutton Vocalion occasional cracked case
Amazon DE GP IT no damage
Rarewaves no damage
JPC no damage
Ebay international packages almost always ok

US Postal Service. Usually ok sometimes lost delayed mail occasional cracked CD cases

I'll take these odds.

Ok, my friends, My first impressions on the 2023 STEREO Remix (by Ben Wisen) of Remember The Future:

1 - Guitars and vocals are more upfront. You can hear all the layers crystal clear and more "fat"

2 - Some bass lines was smoothed too much. I think the original mixes have more definition and bite. The New Stereo Mixes it's sometimes get lost in the mix and lose impact in important parts of the song.

3 - Organ and Drums almost the same. But i still preferer how the drums sounds on the original, a little more open.

4 - The position of the instruments in the stereo image and all the effects is very respectful to the original.

So, the new mixes don't substitute the orignal mixes. In my humble opinion nobody can improve whats it's already perfect.RTF is a masterpiece of audio engineering.

While in hearing i keep asking if this new Stereo Mixes was really done using the all the original multitracks or is a downmix from the original Quad.

Anyway, for the Stereo lovers, now we have another take/prism of the album. Sure guitar aficionados will love. I'm glad that the Original Stereo Mixes are also available in the pack. The Remaster sounds pretty good. No satanic compression or limiting.

Now i will hear the live tracks. Cheers!

CdJapan. No damage
Dutton Vocalion occasional cracked case
Amazon DE GP IT no damage
Rarewaves no damage
JPC no damage
Ebay international packages almost always ok

US Postal Service. Usually ok sometimes lost delayed mail occasional cracked CD cases

I'll take these odds.
Rarewaves: How long have you been ordering from Rarewaves? At least 50% of the box sets I've received have damaged corners. Similarly, at least half of the jewel cases have been cracked. Some of the box sets have only been wrapped in thin plastic. But friendly customer service.

CDJapan: After ordering 250 SACD/CDs from CDJapan, I haven't encountered any issues. Superbly packaged. Love them. All the discs manufactured in Japan have been 100% scratch-free or damaged. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for discs manufactured in Europe or America.

Amazon DE GP IT FR: Bad experiences here too, though not always. Environmentally friendly packaging doesn't always protect box sets from dents or jewel cases from cracking.

JPC: Superbly packaged. They ship items in boxes, not in envelopes.

Back