New AVR ordered...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would I choose ceiling over height? If your comment is right, then why do my front heights work just fine set as height? OK, well...I can change them both and see if that fixes things.

Because your speakers are not height but are upfiring. Same as ceiling.

See where it says Height Layout? This is how I have mine configured. Yours should be like this too.

image.jpg

I found this in the manual:

QtoNtS0.jpg

When your speaker setup is correct - the graphics on the tv (from the avr setup) should look something like this.

I found this in the manual:

QtoNtS0.jpg

When your speaker setup is correct - the graphics on the tv (from the avr setup) should look something like this.

Gee...that will confuse him...LOL

With our Denon, there is no layout configuration for the upfiring method. After he chooses the correct layout, he will need to re-run Audyssey. At least, I recommend it.

Gene when you've it all up and running do try Roger Waters Wall, when I saw him do it at the London O2 Dome a few years ago all the 'special effects' came from above, along with a 'drone' pig!

Gee...that will confuse him...LOL

With our Denon, there is no layout configuration for the upfiring method. After he chooses the correct layout, he will need to re-run Audyssey. At least, I recommend it.

It is from the Denon 4400 manual.

Sorry if I add to the confusion LOL

Happy to help - now hope Gene will fix it too!

Why would I ever doubt a member whose name is Spock? Really, why would I. And........

You are absolutely correct and I'm now in heaven. I agree with Perp, that the menu and choices are very confusing and leave a bit up to interpretation. I guess I interpreted them wrong. I went the path of Spock, reran Audyssey and whammo! I have sound...

Now, REM sounds freaking killer. Yes, I said killer. Oh boy.....what to do with those God-awful white speakers....paint them black...ignore them....buy another pair of Klipsch??

Thanks to Perp and Spock for making me go for the gold.....I don't care who was right or who was sort of right....all I care about is mine is now functional and all is good. :music

Sort of. I had a front heights/side ceiling speaker setup which Auro recommends for all three object-based codecs. Difference with this configuration is that while listening to Auro-3D sources or the Auromatic upmixer, only the front two height speakers are active.

As to Auro 2-D, it can be used with any configuration since it uses only the surround channels.

Thanks! I think I should give it a try...

Why would I ever doubt a member whose name is Spock? Really, why would I. And........

You are absolutely correct and I'm now in heaven. I agree with Perp, that the menu and choices are very confusing and leave a bit up to interpretation. I guess I interpreted them wrong. I went the path of Spock, reran Audyssey and whammo! I have sound...

Now, REM sounds freaking killer. Yes, I said killer. Oh boy.....what to do with those God-awful white speakers....paint them black...ignore them....buy another pair of Klipsch??

Thanks to Perp and Spock for making me go for the gold.....I don't care who was right or who was sort of right....all I care about is mine is now functional and all is good. :music

Now I need to re-run Audyssey too and see if I’m missing anything. :mad:@:

Though, I think it sounds great now. ?

Excellent! :banana:

To my ears, now the INXS in Atmos sounds stunning. That is to say, some of the songs. Devil Inside and Need You Tonight sound simply ridiculously good now. Wow!! What a show.......audio show that is. Impressive.

To my ears, now the INXS in Atmos sounds stunning. That is to say, some of the songs. Devil Inside and Need You Tonight sound simply ridiculously good now. Wow!! What a show.......audio show that is. Impressive.

Getting closer to that Holy Shit moment??

:smokin

Back