New Flaming Lips Video

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
There is a new Flaming Lips DVD "Void" (Video Overview in Deceleration) -scheduled to be released 8/23. Music videos from the period spanning 1992- 2005 including a new video from the upcoming new album "At War With the Mystics". All mixed in 5.1. (y)

I got this one at Walmart on Sunday, before release?? Anyway, after the second listen through, i can say i like it. The music is good about an 8 and the surround mix is good also {not quite great} around an 8. Of course the best songs and mixes are from Yoshimi {which i rated a 10 on DVD-A}. But i liked the other songs better than i thought i would. So if you like the Flaming lips you will probably like this. It's a keeper. :)

I forgot to mention, I didn't watch the videos, so i can't comment on those. I bought it for the surround mixes. I will probably watch the videos someday though, just not a priority to me. :)

Last edited:
If anyone happens to see/buy this at either Target or CostCo can they please post the info? These are the stores closest to me - even with a small Honda gas prices add up and I'd rather not be hanging out in traffic to pick this one up.

BananaSlug said:
If anyone happens to see/buy this at either Target or CostCo can they please post the info? These are the stores closest to me - even with a small Honda gas prices add up and I'd rather not be hanging out in traffic to pick this one up.

Tower Records online www.towerrecords.com has this for $9.99 on sale - you don't even have to leave your house!

hmm... good price and I usually do buy online. But, I was hoping to get this for the weekend. Tower is only a few more exits down the freeway than Circuit City. Thanks for the info.

I just picked this title up and I strongly recommend it. If you liked the creative and aggressive mix on the Yoshimi DVD-A then you will love the mixes here. In some cases they are even more aggressive and discrete than Yoshimi. I'm very happy to see more Flaming Lips in surround-sound, done right with no punches held!

:) (y)

I picked this up as I have Yoshimi dvd-a and really liked it, but for me their older songs are nothing like their newer songs so a lot of the music did nothing for me. The sound is Only Dolby digital and it sounds a bit harsh to me. The surround mix is good but wasn't enough to make me want to keep the disc. If you are a big fan of theirs this is a must have disc for sure but for me it didn't thrill me.

This is definitely for the small loyal fan base, but I have it and as with the DVD-A's I own, Yoshimi and Soft Bulletin, it is fun for me in small doses. All of the fuss about their music and videos remains a puzzle to me, but I appreciate it all as fun novelty music, nothing of significance.

Chris

I love this set. It ranks up there, for me, with the video sets from Queen, The Police and Peter Gabriel.
Truly discrete. Good songs.
If you're not won over by Phoebe Battles the Pink Robots you pretty much suck at life.

Back