Opeth - Pale Communion 5.1 (Blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes job well done. Its funny I haven't even listened to the 5.1 as just got my copy a couple of days ago but didn't want to spoil the experience so haven't listened to the 5.1 yet and was hoping for a replacement soon.
Using the download card inside, this is exactly what I thought might be a good way to do it.
Job well down folks here and for Roadrunner to come back with a response this quick, my hats off to them as well.

peter

Much thanks to SteelyDave and Rtbluray for the investigation and solutions! The benefits of being a QQer! I typically look upon these instances with a healthy dose of skepticism especially when someone drags out the dreaded wave forms - but in this case there was an actual solution not just an opinion based on an abstract image. Not only do I have a corrected copy in the form of a streaming flac file, but a new audio editing application in Audacity - great tool - and it's free! I've submitted my insert code to Roadrunner for the replacement disc - still a little unsure as to whether that will materialize, but grateful for the heads up. BTW, the corrected version sounds great! Looking forward to a proper poll.

I am not sure I understand. Is Roadrunner issuing a corrected disc? Thx.

Yes! If you own the Blu-ray, there is a unique code on a 4x4 card that came with it you use to receive bonus content. You have to register your email after you use the code to access the downloadable content. The order is tied to that email. As soon as September 12th, that same email will receive instructions on how to receive a new disc. If you haven't used the code yet, be sure to do so!

This was handled poorly as there was confusion on what to do if you already used the code and it is now invalid. The answer is nothing. You already registered your email with the downloadable order linked to the code. You now have to wait. The replacement disc email hasn't been sent out to anyone yet.

I was about to get irate about not getting a redemption card but it was stuck inside the cover carefull extraction revealed its what was needed and off I have gone to the store.

Waiting for the redemption e-mail as I type. In the mean time yes it is very lacking as it stands and its worth holding off putting any kind of vote up unless like the Jethro Tull disc there is two one for eth corrected and one for the uncorrected disc.

You have to wonder how this came about does anyone do any quality checking any more before releasing ?

I've been trying to invert the phase on the botched channels, but I'm running into trouble. I've made an ISO of the BluRay using DVDFab to get rid of the encryption, and then I used eac3to to extract the surround track into a multichannel wav file. So far so good --and that's also how I usually do it, never ran into trouble before.
However, when I open the resulting wave in Audition (or Audacity, I've tried both), only the first 18:23 are displayed. Audition tells me the rest is non-audio data and that it's too big to be read in. Same with foobar2000, really, it only sees a 18:23 track. The result is that I can't process more than the first 18 minutes of the album. Did anyone else run into this problem? Any idea what the cause might be?

Anyway, I've also redeemed my code on the Warner Music site, so I guess it's just a matter of time before I can get a replacement. At the very worst, I'll just have to be patient :)

I just listened to it with the sub switch to 180 and the inverted wires on the front left speaker, and WOW!

btw, I LOVE this album! There should be a poll already!...but I understand why we have to wait! :)

Question for the people who have made a corrected flac using audacity: What did you use to rip the bluray to flac?
Eac3to. Excellent tool to (de)mux and convert. It's a simple command line tool, but if you'd like a graphical interface, HDConcertRipper does what you need.

Personally I think the hard part is getting past the encryption. I know of no free tool that does it, and trial versions only work for so long.

Eac3to. Excellent tool to (de)mux and convert. It's a simple command line tool, but if you'd like a graphical interface, HDConcertRipper does what you need.

Personally I think the hard part is getting past the encryption. I know of no free tool that does it, and trial versions only work for so long.

Yeah, it's really the decryption that I need advice on. Have used the trial of ANyDVD in the past but have just about run out of machines to install the eval on! LOL

Yeah, it's really the decryption that I need advice on. Have used the trial of ANyDVD in the past but have just about run out of machines to install the eval on! LOL
If you haven't used it before, you can also use DVDFab Passkey. For about a month ;)

Excellent ! Wasn't aware that MakeMKV was free! Thanks!

Free while its in 'Beta'. But its been in beta for years. Occasionally you have to get a new key - but the new key still free. No registration is required.

Here we go for replacements:

''A note from Roadrunner Records for fans inquiring about a replacement Blu-ray disc. You can go to the URL below for directions on how to receive a new disc. You will be prompted to enter the unique code that is printed on a 4x4 card in your copy of the album. Once you have entered your code you can expect an email regarding your replacement disc as soon as September 12th. http://redemptions.warnermusic.com/opeth
''

After looking at the thread I decided to ask,
"Hi,
Will the Opeth Pale Communion replacement Blu-ray contain the phase corrected 5.1 mix so that the Bass is produced at the level intended?
Regards
Duncan"

If I get a reply I'll post it.

Latest posts

Back