Opeth - Pale Communion 5.1 (Blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to invert the phase on the botched channels, but I'm running into trouble. I've made an ISO of the BluRay using DVDFab to get rid of the encryption, and then I used eac3to to extract the surround track into a multichannel wav file. So far so good --and that's also how I usually do it, never ran into trouble before.
However, when I open the resulting wave in Audition (or Audacity, I've tried both), only the first 18:23 are displayed. Audition tells me the rest is non-audio data and that it's too big to be read in. Same with foobar2000, really, it only sees a 18:23 track. The result is that I can't process more than the first 18 minutes of the album. Did anyone else run into this problem? Any idea what the cause might be?

This is the same workflow that I used, except I use a GUI for eac3to and use .flac instead of wav. I think it's called yr-eac3to-more? I didn't have the issue that you ran into. Maybe just try the extraction again with .flac?

Heads up! Expect an email tomorrow or 9/9 with details on how to request your replacement Blu-ray disc:

You will receive replacement information via email on 9/9.

Thank You,
WMG Store Support

I just got this reply to the e-mail I sent many days ago:

Hi Saul,

Many thanks for your email.

We have looked into this and there is an issue across all Blu Rays for this release. Replacement discs will be reissued as soon as the new discs have been manufactured.

May I ask you to confirm your shipping address and we will add you to the list to be sent a new disc.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Hannah

Warner Music Customer Service

Amazon are trying to send me a corrected disc, I doubt that they have the replacement discs in light of Thonolan's post. What do you think?

Amazon are trying to send me a corrected disc, I doubt that they have the replacement discs in light of Thonolan's post. What do you think?

They don't have it, they think it is only your disc that is faulty, prompting a replacement. They will send you the same faulty disc.

Standard procedure for them, they don't actually check with the labels, the labels contact them and send them the stock.

They don't have it, they think it is only your disc that is faulty, prompting a replacement. They will send you the same faulty disc.
Agree. When it was first released, I complained about the "ticks" on the blu-ray from the Aqualung - 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition Box set and they sent me a replacement box set...twice. And yes, I had to send them back.

I did chat with with someone and tried to ascertain if they had checked with Roadrunner that they had corrected discs but I was not convinced by their somewhat evasive reply. They hadn't checked and just said to return the disc if I wasn't happy. I am expecting a response from their fulfilment centre and I'm hoping they've had some contact with Roadrunner. The person I had the chat with was an Opeth fan though.

From Tapatalk

Agree. When it was first released, I complained about the "ticks" on the blu-ray from the Aqualung - 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition Box set and they sent me a replacement box set...twice. And yes, I had to send them back.

Am I accurate in saying that a corrected Aqualung disc was never issued? I have kinda just gotten used to the ticks (like vinyl), but I still wince when I hear it.

After looking at the thread I decided to ask,
"Hi,
Will the Opeth Pale Communion replacement Blu-ray contain the phase corrected 5.1 mix so that the Bass is produced at the level intended?
Regards
Duncan"

If I get a reply I'll post it.

I got a reply!

"Hello Duncan,

Yes, the replacement blu-ray will contain the correct audio. Again, we truly do apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You,

Sean
WMG Store Support
"

Back