Pearl Jam "Dark Matter" CD+BD-A w/ Atmos (4/19/2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

As reported in QQ Spatial Streaming thread (first single already available), Pearl Jam's upcoming 12th studio album Dark Matter is now up for pre-ordering, including a CD+BD-A combo with Dolby Atmos mix! Credits on Tidal say Nick Rives and Josh Evans.

Not much detail as of now, but these are the pre-order links ATM:
https://shop.pearljam.com/products/pearl-jam-dark-matter?variant=43509301117118
https://store.udiscover-music.de/p51-i0602465084962/pearl-jam/dark-matter/index.html
1707823227489.png

Last edited:
Wonder if this will be available on Amazon. Went to order from PJ site but $15 for shipping. Ouch
Hard to tell nowadays. There's compelling financial reasons for everything and everyone to circumvent Amazon and go direct to consumer, assuming they can accomplish the selling thing well enough without Amazon's impressive logistics. I've been surprised by the few things that never did or did after release lately. But probably no rush to buy it at this second. See if it ends up on any other online platforms like importcds.

Wonder if this will be available on Amazon. Went to order from PJ site but $15 for shipping. Ouch
Go back and double check. I emailed them about the shipping costs and got a very nice reply. There was some sort of glitch. Shipping is now under $7. I ordered! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Finally a lossless surround release from Pearl Jam, wonderful news. I haven’t fussied them since about 1994 but the single sounds great so I’ll definitely order this to help send a message that CD+BDs of the existing albums with surround mixes could be a good idea.
Yeah, pearl jam probably among the pioneer releasing their new music in Dolby Atmos with their previous album Gigaton. Back then, they planned to held special event in theaters showcasing Gigaton in Dolby Atmos but got cancel due to the pandemic. It was then offered online in iTunes and Apple TV.

Hopefully this will trigger them to release the lossless surround for their back catalogue...

JPC will send it to me for €30, p&p included. I can also pre-order from my local record shop at €28 and pick it up there on release day. This indicates that the CD+BR will be widely available. Like Peter Gabriel's I/O.

Back